Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7:20pm GMT. Just a few hours to go ...

Fantastic device, great game!

charged, updated to version 2 and got my first gold with AG systems this morning!!!

Gonna download Gamma this afternoon!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I just got mine and....................

Wipeout Pure rocks _on but we knew that allready, now to go stare at it some more

but im playing it at work!!! I have to do something non wipeout at some point...

No must resist this work thing, need to pilot my AG!!!

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

woohoo! it all works! i just played Pure online!
    my god, i'm pants ops:

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

The crew at Assegai Developments welcomes you to WipeOut: Pure.

*lifts a pint of Rogue's Dead Man's Ale*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Got my PSP and WO Pure.

I've got 5 or 6 stuck pixels. Bad luck. I see that there is some video trick to try to unstick them. Can anybody comment on personal experience? They are stuck, not dead.

On other news, Pure is impressive and after a couple of hours I'm crap at it. ops:
    I have won all Vector single races on the first try but I know my current performance won't get me through Flash.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

I've got no dead pixels
    when i was testing Xlink i got to play rapier. ouch. 8O
    at the moment my thumb is hurting from the unusual position my hands have to be in to use the analogue nub. i still haven't worked out the best way to position my right thumb...

Quote Originally Posted by xEik

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !
    OMG - Its back!

And still as true as it ever was.

I`m so pleased for all of you who are also playing Pure now. I couldn`t believe it when I saw a stack of PSPs and wipeout in Tescos today - I crashed my trolley I was so busy staring.

You got it that early? Damn. uns I had to wait till September the 6th.

Are any other cities suffering a massive PSP drought?

My parents were due to travel Dublin to Hamburg on 5 September. I thought this would be the ideal opportunity for me to get a duty free PSP...
    When they arrived, I was told there were no PSP's at any airport... too new perhaps? I figuired this was no problem, and I'd just head into town and get one there.

Nope.

I tried a total of 9 different stores in 3 different areas in Hamburg. Every single one gave a smile that says: "Little late off the mark there, buddy". Apparently they've had HEAPS of people trying to get them, and Sony aren't promising new stock for at least 2 weeks.

Anyway, I found one in a department store in somewhere a bit less central, so this story has a happy ending. Pure is great and I love it to bits.

Has anyone else had similar experiences getting a PSP? Worse? Whats your city like for stock?
    Anyone as dissapointed with how Sony have handled the release of this console, despite pushing the release back by months so this DIDN'T happen?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Sony did a TERRIBLE release job. Fortunately, this didn't affect me because I was an early importer, but the stock supply is WAY too little, here in Vienna the PSP sold out within a single day, and lots of my friends are complaining that there will be no new stock in september, which is really, really bad. Also the whole marketing strategy for the european market is bullsh*t, they hardly have any billboards up, and the TV commercial doesn't really represent the PSP as a gaming console, and is aired so infrequently, I only saw it twice. stupid sony, one would expect that they of all companies should know how to do things right...

Maybe it's the cynic in me but I reckon the 'drought' was well planned. A console that sells out on the opening day creates a perception of massive demand and makes the consumer think they must get one at the next opportunity or they will miss out. I think Nintendo started this with consoles when they launched the N64.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Well GAME apparently sold out their launch allocation in early August just by taking pre orders, and I saw a sign outside an HMV about 4 days before launch saying they had a very limited supply available for folk who hadn’t pre ordered, they went on midnight sale I suspect they sold the lot in no time, after I got mine I went into Curries and Comet just to see if they had any but indeed they did not, I’m expecting the same sort of pish when the PS3 comes out in 4 years time

6 in Europe

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

I dont know where you guys think the release shortages are, but they're certainly not here. Game, Woolworths, HMV and Play.com all have PSP in stock.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

sales talk and/or hype.
    don't believe it because they are available over the counter.