Thread: Removing and re-adding the downloads for reduced crashes?

Default Removing and re-adding the downloads for reduced crashes?

I know many of us are having a lot of crashes. My US Pure is in a bad way, especially after Classic 1 and, recently my JP Pure has started to act up.

So, would it be worth my while deleting all the added content and re-downloading it? If so, does anyone know the best steps to assure everything goes okay? Or am I fooling myself by thinking it could possibly make a difference?

I used to have a couple of issues but then I just redownloaded in order and it worked out fine. I still have one issue though, when selecting the Goteki 45 skin the text is half missing??

Did you put them on one at a time and load up Pure each time or just chuck them on one by one?

PSN ID
    AG-Spike

By the way, is the game saves transferable between the JP and US Pure?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Wouldn't think so for the same reason the download packs aren't cross-compatible.

PSN ID
    AG-Spike

The lowest skin name on the skins list only shows the top half of the letters, as if something was blocking it, but there was nothing. Whatever order the packs are on the card, the lowest name is always blocked.

Timezone
    GMT -5

The problem with the bottom half of the last skin name isn't an american-only problem - the japanese version also does this after adding the Coca-cola and Continue packs.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Sounds like an inherent problem in the game itself rather than a bug in the packs

Timezone
    GMT -5

If you can even call that a problem!

You can still scroll down and select any skin, even those listed underneath the last spot that's half-displayed, it's just that the last one has the bottom half of its name missing - otherwise, it all works normally.

It dissapeared, after deleting Gamma pack 2 and putting it back on all the names now display correctly

DOGG: I just put themon one at a time, without starting Pure each time. It seemed to work fine that way Hope it works for you.

Well thanks for the advice! Here are the results - I deleted all of the packs and added them one by one in the right order.

JP Pure seems to have been completely fixed. Crashing has all gone. US Pure seems much better - menu crashes seem to be fixed, although it still crashes mid-race after coming back from sleep mode.

All in all though, everything is much improved!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I was out last night. Im glad everything seems to have improved though Hopefully crashing wont be an issue with the Euro version of Pure.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'll give that a try as well

Default Still Crashing...

Hi guys, I have had a lot of trouble with my American PSP and Wipeout Pure (American Version). I am lucky enough to have 2 PSPs, an American and a Jap version, and 2 copies of the American Wipeout Pure.
    However, the American PSP just doesnt like the Wipeout Game.

I have tried to download the Gamma Packs in order onto the memory stick, but the game still crashes before it has loaded up. No matter which Wipeout Game I put in, it still crashes!!

Whilst my Jap PSP works fine!!

I dont understand it!! Any more ideas on the problem?

Your thoughts would be very appeciated!

Guess what? I found a USB adapter lying around and I was about to download...when I remembered that my battery had run out. :x How unlucky is that? :x

If you have the USB cable that comes with the PSP (I think with the value pack o whatever it's called) it has a second cable on the mini-USB end that is a 5V DC-in so you can play PSP off of your PC's power supply through the USB, though the cable is really too short to stretch round the PSP and connect both the DC-in at the bottom and the mini-USB at the top, but it just about manages.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

JFYI no USB cable comes with the official value pack. You have to buy one separately.