Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone

Default Zone

ok... i have tried and tried but i cant do zone

is there anyone here who can give me tips? :

I wish I could but I am struggling with zone too! I just can't get past zone 20 on area 1. How the flip do you get above 30?????? Any suggestions?

PS. I consider myself quite a veteran wipeout player so to be dumbfounded by zone is a little frustrating and embarrassing to say the least. I completed Arcade and AG League quite easily so where am I going wrong with zone? I can even say I know the tracks inside out by now.

Any tips?

Ana :-?

Any tips?
    Use brakes every time you turn the ship. Even on straight USE BRAKE, thats the key to succes. If you not gonna belive me just look on the zone score that im have. Well im actually break the 5 billion but countner starts count from 0 when im pass 4.3 billion

I wish you 10 billion and many many more because how much you gonna score on Zone mode depend`s only from that how calm you are because neurosis is VERY BIG. - this is not a prima aprilis joke.

Good luck and use break even on straight

i use the airbrakes alot only i find that they make the ship unbalanced.....
    rhys is only on zone area 5 ops:

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Trust me, the airbrakes really make a lot of difference for moving about. On higher speeds, just using the pad/stick can unbalance it even more.

PS: Don't worry about progression. You'll get there eventually. If you panic because you're approaching Zone 30, try racing for score alone to take your mind off the zone counter.

I think I probably just need more practice. I tend to go for airbrakes anyway but I am used to the heavy ships, Auricom and Tigron, so the prototype is very fly-away in comparision and I think that's what I have the problem with. More practice, methinks, and I 'd better start seeing results..... :x

Ana

apart from the free sections, little taps on the brakes are good.

also think hard about the route you're taking. for instance on the corner before the final straight on florian you need to keep quite close to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoid
    apart from the free sections, little taps on the brakes are good.

also think hard about the route you're taking. for instance on the corner before the final straight on florian you need to keep quite close to the side.
    nice tip, il have 2 try that!
    i try not 2 think about what im doing in zone(lol) :roll:
    ana...r u taking notes.

yeah i should have said "don't forget to enjoy the game" hehe... when you think about the route, it's really just being aware of where you are on the track and whther that's the best place to be.

I've found the easiest way to survive in Zone is not to think about anything (easy for a dim wit like me)to do with what I'm doing. I get more perfect laps thinking about mundane things (why is my arse so hairy, christ thats a big spider etc.etc.) and as soon as I start actually thinking about where I'm going I stuff up!

Still it takes all sorts I suppose.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'm the exact opposite. I don't even race with the music on, anything other than the track distracts me!

Default hehehe

i usualy get best results by NOT CONCENTRATING on what im doing.....let it all come naturally!!! :wink:

eg...what goes on inside my head.....

My ps2 really needs dusting
    My controler is all sweaty
    Need.... Liquid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire
    I'm the exact opposite. I don't even race with the music on, anything other than the track distracts me!
    i think that's why i do racing games better when i'm tired and drunk, it slows me down enough to where i can concentrate on what i'm doing, and it slows up my twitchy overreaction so my control inputs are less wild. i hardly ever drink anymore [not enough cash], but i can still stay up till 6 am!

Default The power of alcohol

Well, do you know that there exists a theory which grants alcohol benefits for the brain ?

Timezone
    GMT + 3
    PSN ID
    xaerock

Default Re: The power of alcohol

woops i forgot to say this dont press X! it gets the ship go faster. It goes foward itself.

r u sure about that, i didnt think x did anything in zone mode!!!! :-?

vincoof: i had heard that small daily intakes of ethyl alcohol can help in stress reduction. in fact, i have personally experienced this effect. i don't know that there are any physiological benefits. alcohol is a poison and a solvent when applied to organic material such as brain cells.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

So what's your top zone, Lance?

i'm just a ''zone moderator''; i don't have Fusion zone. if it does show up here and i can afford a ps2, then i'll have it, but i'll be crap at zone mode, that i'm sure of. you'll notice that i've never offered any zonemode-specific advice!

Hi there, everyone!

I've been taking many notes and am now up to zone 29 in area 1 (I know this sounds pitiful to all you experts but considering I couldn't get passed zone 20, 29 is brilliant - one more zone before I can progress to area 2).

I have taken the airbrake advice to heart and I also find that I can go into like a trance while I'm doing zone, which I find helps a lot. I never look at the score or listen to what's going on around me - it's just me and the track and a nice floaty feeling!

The Future's Bright, The Future's Zone!

Ana