Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anger management

Default Anger management

I love wipeout but it gets so frustrating sometimes, I play for about 2 hours at a time but always turn it off when something really anoys me (which happens quitte often) i end up stessed and angry but Im worryed about smashing my poor little psp to bits, has anyone got any advice for stress free racing doing the ascention leage on phantom class? i just cant do it.

PSN ID
    Axellink

just keep on practising and take a break. Have you ever had this situation when you keep on trying some in wipeout and you can't acheive it. Only to come back to it later and do it first time or something like that lol. That happens to me alot, but only in wipeout!!!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Skip Citta Nuova - I always do... the rest of them I can deal with, but I find skipping that track entirely makes for a far less stressful tourney.

Tell me about it! The reason I've stopped playing pure is because it was more of a chore than fun. I was getting so frustrated with the game, on the one hand its a fantastic wipeout, but its let down by issues that make racing just a pain in the arse. I play games to relax and have fun, not to get aggressive and want to smash my psp into thousands of pieces! :

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Take a break of 15 min. after every hour if you get stressed. If I'm right it's mentioned in the booklet as well. At least is was like this in the Fusion manual.

I would say up to flash the game is fun, rapier is chalanging but if you want to play phantom class you have to be away from everyone and everything that could distract you (even my cat made me crash once). if i want to get more gold medals on phantom class i have to lock myself in, take the phone off the hook and concentrate like ive never concentrated before

Timezone
    GMT -5

Well, I say don't give up. Citta Nuova used to be one of the weak points in my game, being the hardest, most technical track out there, but I decided to take measures against that.

Practice is the only way to go. You have to know the track by heart. Winning gold only once on a track is not enough to consider you mastered it. Go back to Venom (maybe even Vector) and practice CN until you get gold MOST of the time (with the occasional defeat due to bad luck) rather than having won just once through good luck. Some people say it's better to be lucky than good, but that doesn't apply in wipEout.

Once you get a majority of golds in Venom, move up to Flash and repeat. And then Rapier. And you'll be ready to tackle Phantom, which you'll have to practice repeatedly in single races before you can try to tournaments.

In higher speed classes where the computer gets magical bursts of speed out of nowhere, you can't rely on straight lines to win like you used to in Vector. Your true strength comes from being able to tackle the tricky curves at high speeds where even the AI will frequently mess up, such as the CN corkscrew. Seriously. Once you master the corkscrew, you WILL come to love that segment, as it will always mean you can build up your lead in there! Add to that the occasional lucky quake pickup, and you'll be a superior player. DO NOT use the autopilot in the corkscrew, as it will frequently ram you headlong into the advertizing panel right above the track or steer you right off the track!!!

I always gain a lot of time over the AI racers in CN during the corkscrew section - and bear in mind I'm a Piranha pilot (handling rating = 2) so clearly, the handling rating is a stat where your skill can overcome your technical limitation. It's all about the human factor, baby!!!

Timezone
    GMT -6

pratice to win but go play the tracks that you think are fun.

and i don't know why you are using any ship with a handling of 2.(i use hamiru 4) :roll:

Timezone
    GMT -5

I was a Harimau man myself at first when my piloting skills weren't all that great - I pretty much relied on the ship's handling to make up for my sloppy piloting. Then one day something just CLICKED in my head and I could do things I couldn't imagine. Every curve was mine to devour, and I could really let loose with the fastest ship out there that had some SHIELDS to speak of - PIRANHA.

I mean, forget Zone and Medievel. A ship made of cardboard and duct tape just won't survive two turns in Rapier or Phantom.

Once that little trigger CLICKS in your mind, you reach a Zen state where the ship's handling matters no more. You're not piloting the ship anymore, you ARE the ship. You are the track. You are the rocket that blasts that annoying Triakis into a smoking crater!

You have become a SPEED DEMON!!! :

lol @ drakken

Timezone
    GMT -6

the handeling helped me get every gold possible i beat the game.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

rofl

a ship made of cardboard and tape?

rofl

Eventually, Phantom will become easy. Although if you're looking for a real challenge and some impressive thrills, race on Vector for about two hours and then immediately play Phantom Ascension. The speed is jaw-dropping.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

I found that playing some WO Fusion before playing WO helped me a lot... I was having an easier time handling the curves on Pure.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Drakkenmensch: Objection! ;) I hardly let the nice zone ship fly apart, even under heavy attack. What I do is absorb most of the weapons and not use them, in fact, I think I would even like to go without them and just do the racing. :) Anyway, as long as my ship holds it together I'll stick to zone. Its more agile and, most of all, faster - what more reason is there to stick to the brick? :-( (I really should write a swan song for Qirex.)

Oh, and just one idea for those having difficulties with one track or another: Try out new strategies. Use the slide - or don't, slow down before turns - or don't, that sort of things. And don't start worrying about your position when the race starts. If you keep going steady you'll end up in a top position after lap 5.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

the zone ship is actually inferior to Piranha, Qirex, Assegai, and Medievil, when it comes to accelerating out of turns.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

8O

G'Kyl, As you were saying over Bric.....eeerrrmmm.....Qirex! :roll: will guarrateed to win in certain tracks?

stevie

Timezone
    GMT -6

zone is just too fragile. the wepons you absorb are wasted when you can get a better preformance out of other ships.

at times the wepons can make the difference!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5

That's the reason why I quit playing with the Zone ship other than for time trials. I was tired of absorbing one good weapon after another just to stay alive.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I use it for TTs also but stick with my harimu for racing.

though i sometimes use tigron.