Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Wipeout Pure concert download (Japanese version)

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Cheers sven, I thought I had killed the topic there!

Quote Originally Posted by Rouni Kenshin#1
    i'm been thinking about buying madden for my psp next.

what do you think?
    Madden Soundtrack
    Know it's a little off topic but... http://www.gamespy.com/playstation-2.../638419p1.html

Maybe it could be the same for the psp version?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Default Yes, this is waaaay off topic.

It would be good if they had that on PSP, but I doubt it - they wont be able to spin the umd for the entire time you're in the front end - especially with the way EA do their menus, all animated and glitzy. You actually really have to dig quite hard for madden psp info even on the EA site - methinks it's not coming out until Xmas.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Yet another EA soundtrack that doesn't interest me...

PSN ID
    infoxicated

There aren't any on there that grab me either, but occasionally there's a song in there that I end up liking when I hear it. Couple of years back they had Good Charlotte on the soundtrack when they were completely unheard of and it was good exposure for them, so sometimes it's good to be thrown a bunch of songs I generally wouldn't hear. Either way, I'm going to buy the game.

going back to the Nx 1000 issue.

I wonder why in the pic the nx1000 is flying over dirt, since it was said in the manual that it flew over a special designed track. The second thing is that its engines give a purple trail, just like in wo2097 (or w3o to be precise, because the trails in this game had different trail colours for the first time). Pure nonsense, since it should have had jet engines, just like W'O" crafts. I just noticed that, not like i'm being picky, but i think we should stick to the facts, right?

As for the similarities, it looks very similar, and I agree with that 99% (leaving 1% if it shows that it's not nx1000, hehe)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I always thought the nx1000's first test run was somewhere in the desert, like nevada, where pretty much everything that moves fast is tested...

as for the engines, they are not jet engines, they are cold fusion turbines, as far as I know...

Stick to facts, Shem? You do know that WO is not based on a true story, don't you?

Besides, it's one image. It may still have been tested on a track. That doesn't mean it was built and dismantled on that track - it may well have gone elsewhere. Also, I'm not sure how you can be so certain what type of engines are what. Are you basing what you percieve as facts from the low-polygon graphics of WO1?

Now that we're at it - how does the FX300 stay in business when the only people who advertise on the tracks are the companies that make the ships? Where are the Space Walk ads?

Except of course in this Koltiwa track where they went for a total retro (in Pure timeline) Wire05 tribute...

Not based on a true story?? NO!!! :wink:

But seriously tho, i DO think that wipeout game is based on a story that's been presented in W'O" manual, and W'O" itself. I do think that's there's nothing wrong in showing that picture illustrating the history of wipeout has elements that are not exactly correct with the story. Of course if it was just a lose picture, there'd be nothing wrong in this, but i saw this one, and i'm sure you did too, in the official WO Pure's website, in the 'history' section. As for the engine, I do assume the things I see as a fact, i'm not trying to guess the intentions of the designers, if I see something that looks like a jet engine blast and a jet engine thrust trail (W'O" intro), and if i see the same in the game, then it must be a jet engine. There's nothing wrong about that, just as you can assume that Mario's wearing a mustache and it doesn't bother you that's it's made of square pixels. ****, so it turns out that i'm being picky after all.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang
    how does the FX300 stay in business when the only people who advertise on the tracks are the companies that make the ships? Where are the Space Walk ads?
    I keep encountering ads for ubermall, though if you don't pay much attention they appear at a glance to be qirex ads

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

Somebody at SL should (just for a laugh) put in Krazy Ivan and Assault Rigs billboards in really hard to reach areas of on of the tracks. That would be kinda retro-cool.

...before you say it, I know - copyright issues etc. yadda yadda... ops:

Just ordered my copy of WipEout Pure JP, so hopefully, I will one day be able to sample the delights of the Wire05 download... :wink:

what is a ''cold-fusion turbine''? how does it work?

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

has anyone noticed a funny shadow on the WIRE05 craft? I've only seen it when I've raced against it on the classic tracks, and then you have to be really close - it looks like it has an aerial sticking out of it from the back that isn't actually on the ship.

Yeah, there seems to be a strange extra part to the shadow. Maybe it's the secret of AG Racing revealed - we're not supposed to see the strings attached.

ops:

Think I know what that is.

( Starts to empty his desk )

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

we promise not to tell sony... what's going on?