Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure concert download (Japanese version)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Region exclusive content is cruel and unusual punishment. It should be banned under the Geneva convention.
    :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Egg
    So be prepared for Purist Kev to do a bit of showing off ! : : :

:wink:
    yay, recognition! - I really will have to get my copy signed by the team one day... does that make me sad?

: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha : Japanese copy owners regain superiority again! :wink:

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times... buy the Japanese version people! proove your loyalty to 'the purE' and have the upper hand on the majority : although, whilst saying that (in order to remain above board) wouldn't one have to travel to the event personally to officially obtain the packs?

Whilst I'm on the subject of potentially cool downloads, couldn't help thinking maybe an even faster 6th 'flame' class could be created and/or 5 more ZONE tracks!

To officially obtain the packs, yeah. But there's nothing that says you can't un-officially obtain them... which of course would be completely illegal, something Lance would probably remind us all about. *makes sacrifice to Colin Berry for even mentioning such a thing*

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Link to video of Wire05 downloadable content:

http://www.playstation.jp/ch/pv/asx/mv_wipeoutpure.asx

Darn 56k modem, trying to watch streaming video is a tedious process.

...Okay. That video just... Purist, you have a convert. You have my permission to dance like a monkey in celebration.

That's it, I want some commission!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

It's the "Koltiwa" track already seen in the japanese Sakusaku Show, right ?
    With brand new billboards and a few graphic enhancements…

Link to Aka-Sho's Website: http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconVa...ms/indexP.html
    DD link for the video (8.5Mo mpeg4): http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconVa...kusaku_WOP.zip

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Now I have to learn japanese... I don't understand a word (Ok, WIPEOUT and PURE)...

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Tapioca you're right. I knew i had seen it before.

Also ibnt he edge magazine, the one with pure ont he front cover they have scrennies of that track with edge billboards.

Ithink it will make it to the Omega Packs just under different billboards.

Just not Mcdonals, please.

Apparantly... 'Japan is not divided into different time zones. The whole country is nine hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). So, when it is midday in London, it is 9pm in Japan (8pm during UK Summer Time).' and 'On Saturday, July 16, starting at 16:00 (although from timetable, downloadable area open from 17:00), in the Yokohama Arena in Japan, the will be a international techno concert.'

So they should have it in just a few hours!!!

In addition, did anyone notice the stats on the ship? Correct me if I'm wrong but upon closer inspection they appear to be ...

SPEED 4/5 HANDLING 5/5
    SHIELD 3/5 THRUST 3/5

oh, one last thing, had a bit of a nose around their site this morning (looks like a pretty cool gig IMO) and located these points of interest... maybe?

ARENA MAP
    DOWNLOADS (i.e. wallpaper)
    TIMETABLE

Wow, that seems like a stunning night out - goes on until 6 in the morning! I wish I was there!

DOH! - just sussed it out, it would have been available from 9am our time (Japan only 8 hours ahead in summertime) - so it's out there, folks are playing it... NOW! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just found out through a Japanese forum, it's 7.85mb!

Default omg!

i want japanese version!

Just spoken to a friend of a friend.. and...

Tune is called 'JINGLE WIRE05' (well funky)
    Ship is called 'WIRE05' (nice, thin and 'sharp' edged)
    Track is called 'KOLTIWA' and it's 5006 metres length / 255 metres high

Cool, nice info. So that confirms that it is the track that was on the footage from the Japanese show.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

*cries*

I want it!!!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

At least tell me you can give us the Craft from it.
    Rename it if you have to!

But I'm LOVING that classic design!

Well Vagrant, possibly one of the devs could tell me if I'm warm or cold here but seeing as the track turned out to be the same one that was on that Japanese show, it could well have been made as a generic 'exclusive' track that could easily have the billboards etc switched. If that is the case then I would have thought that there is a good chance the same track will appear in the other territories but with different licensing. Could be the same for the ship too.

Of course that's pure speculation on my part.

Damn,
    just finished a few laps of the new track using the new craft.

The craft looks cool, I like the "retro wipeout style". The longer angular fins make me think of an old school wipeout craft upgraded to compete in new events.

The track is nice as well. Very open and fast. It has a cool jump that has you land on a section of the track that is dropping away steeply and this creates a cool effect.

To select the track there is a new addition to the "league selection" screen called "EXCLUSIVE." I dont know why but this gave me the impression that they are serious about the exclusive nature of the additional content.

Anyway, more great stuff for free! Thanks to all involved.

The style of the WIRE05 is very much in sync with the generic WipEout style of fonts, graphics etc... almost like the event was inspired and directly copied the style or something?!?!? - anyway, seems like a match made in heaven to me!

Oh and Dogg, it does appear (to me anyway!) to be the same track used for the EDGE mag and that SAKU show.

Wonder if anymore exclusive are coming our way and just what they'll be?