Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure concert download (Japanese version)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I'm sure the people in the US and in Europe will get these special contents too, just at another time. So let's wait - when our 1st special download is available I'm sure the japanese people will have to wait as well.

I dont think its going to be that hard to track down any exclusive content. Someone in japan is going to make it available as there are already a number of unofficial sites you can donwload the gamma packs from.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster2097
    apparently rob has an issue about distributing a free download.
    I dont see the problem, infact I would even go so far as to say I encourage it.
    But not here.
    The license agreement you have to agree to in order to download the official downloads from the official site says you agree to not distribute the downloaded files to let people download them from unofficial download sources. In not so many words. Not like anyone actually reads license agreements or anything. Gosh, that was a lot of repeated words...

Anyway, they're free, but being used under license...it's those meddling lawyers de-simplifying everything. So Rob is legally obligated to prohibit download sharing, especially since some of the devs hang around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster2097
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2231
    do not share downloaded pure content.

apparently rob has an issue about distributing a free download.
    I dont see the problem, infact I would even go so far as to say I encourage it.
    But not here.

not here.
    Its not Rob who has the issue with distributing a free download, it is Sony and as they pay us, then we have to follow their wishes.
    Whether Rob or I or anyone else working for Sony has an issue with free downloads or not is irrelevent, we've been told the situation and it is common sense for us to adhere to what they want.

I can see Sony's perspective on this too - in order to know what effect the downloads are having, how many people are updating their WO games, etc they need to be able to keep track of who is downloading them and whether they are going through wi-fi or the site through USB.

This information will affect how much downloadable content becomes standard with PSP games and how it is distributed. Pure is the test subject. I've had issues with it myself (particularly with the fact that the JP downloads only work wi-fi officially and my PSP has real trouble maintaining a connection to the JP site) but I can understand what they are doing.

Check out the update on the JP site with images of the Wire05 content and even a vid! Can anyone translate the page? It looks great!

It's on a link on this page - http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/

That track looks SWEET. Hopefully we in the West shall see it as well...someday.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice find DAWWWG! :wink:

Here's a rough translation of the contents, if this hasn't been covered already?!?!

* Download contents
    With limitation around the PSPĀ®"place t Shaun portable" zone inside the meeting place, 3 points below were collected to one, the "WIRE05 special pack" it becomes download possible.

WIRE05 special BGM
    The original CM tune which the Isino ping pong person composes with the image of WIRE05.
    In only WIRE05 notification CM it can hear, the valuable sound source.
    WIRE05 special circuit
    Preparing the special circuit which is decorated with WIRE logograph. Adjusting to BGM, WIRE mood while overflowing, ' WIPEOUT PURE ' you can enjoy.
    WIRE05 special menu graphics
    Representing WIRE, the menu graphics which was designed.

... all that, plus a little extra something we put in just before we submitted the pack.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Could it be the ship that's in the pictures? Or even something extra that they don't even have on the site?

This really is a special treat for a concert exclusive!

Put it this way ... anyone recognise that ship ? :

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

The back view looks a little bit like Icaras, but the wireframe shots... I dunno.

That track looks really cool though! There HAS to be some way to get it over here...

Made you look : :

It was a trick question. It's a newie.

Hmmmm... I think I'm missing the significance. In some of the screenshots it looks remarkably like the PS1 ships from the original WO but the wireframe makes me think maybe that's not it because of the split. I'm not sure...

Edit: Doh! You got me, Egg. I was staring like an idiot trying to find what it was. For anyone who can read Japanese - I don't suppose there is anything on the update that says it will be available to the general public or is it still totally exclusive to the concert?

It's meant to look very traditional, but Pure-ified a little bit. It's spindly in the wings, but chunky around the engines and cockpit.

I dare say the download will make its way onto many a PSP that didn't turn up at the event - but remember, it'll only work on the Japanese version.

So be prepared for Purist Kev to do a bit of showing off ! : : :

:wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

please tell me you won't leave this content exclusive to jap versions! Can't be that hard to make it available for US and euro, can it? It's not like you'd have to re-do it twice!

I'd imagine there would be license issues with the Wire05 branding, meaning it couldn't be used in other territories.

But, but, but, but, but, but!

Couldn't you just, y'know, change it to Sebenco Peak billboards?

GAAAH!

*Shuffling Off To Charlie Brown Christmas Music*

Not my decision, unfortunately :

Anyway there's loads of other downloads on the way, and the game's not even out in Europe yet.

So be patient ! Go play Gamma Pack 3 :wink:

*snf* Yeah...I guess I could do that...

Descension offers some SLIGHT amount of stuff to do. I guess...