Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure concert download (Japanese version)

Timezone
    GMT -8

Default Wipeout Pure concert download (Japanese version)

Has anyone seen this yet? It's from PSP-Vault:

"Wipeout Pure concert download
    Posted on Jun 28, 2005 - 09:22 AM by TechRep
    Email to a friend | Print this article

Sony Japan announced today that there will be a special Wipeout Pure download available on July 16 at a concert in Yokohama, Japan.

On Saturday, July 16, starting at 16:00, in the Yokohama Arena in Japan, the will be a international techno concert.

If you take your PSP with your Wipeout Pure UMD, there will be wireless access to download a special WIRE05 BGM (music), a special WIRE05 circuit, and special WIRE05 menu graphics.

http://www.playstation.jp/news/2005/pr_050628_wop.html
    http://www.wire05.com

NO... I am NOT part of WIRE05.
    I wish I could go, but I will be busy flying.

TechRep
    Tokyo"

See, that and the exclusive PAL downloads are the kinds of things that won't happen in the States for whatever reason. Kinda disappointing, but at least the games are region-free so I can buy the Japanese and European versions of the game...

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

I think exclusive content sucks. It's fine if these's an 'exclusivity window' of like a month or so, but I reckon all territories should have access to the same stuff eventually.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure the US will get some exclusive content too. Hopefully...

OOh - this sounds cool.

/wants

Wooahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is AWSOME!!! - I own the Japanese version!!!

Also, after translating a page on the Japanese site I noticed this

* Before June 17th gamma pack as for the method which downloads 1 and 2,
    Before downloading gamma pack 3, for the second time, please download 1 and 2.

Should the Japanese Gamma's now be downloaded again like the American version too??? only they are the only one I've experienced probs with.

Hmmm... I have to say that I agree with Sumimasen.

One one hand, something like this is fantastic if you get to go to an event like this. It will feel very special and a great reward for those people. And what a great momento! So I can understand that side of it but I know that those of us who can't get it will feel like something is being held back. Like we are being denied something.

Maybe it's one of those glass half full or half empty situations but I'm with Sumimasen in wishing that all of our glasses were full.

By the way, nice find on that Purist - it does look like there have been fixes applied to the JP packs.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Dogg,
    That is true, but it does not stop the general feeling of being stuck states side and chanting...
    I WANT IT !
    I WANT IT !
    I WANT IT !
    ^_^

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Since I eventually plan on getting all versions of the game, I think someone who IS able to go should post the file somewhere.

So we all can eventually get it.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2231
    do not share downloaded pure content.

apparently rob has an issue about distributing a free download.
    I dont see the problem, infact I would even go so far as to say I encourage it.
    But not here.

not here.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Woah, ok.
    Sorry guys.

Didn't see the post about not sharing download stuff.

No worries, Rob. I understand why a rule like this is in place.

Not that I was sharing anything myself, but... oh, you guys know what I mean!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I actually approve of the unique event content, I like the idea
    I'd like to be able to turn up at (eg a convention or something and get game content that's not available elsewhere...

sure it'll annoy me a bit that I miss out on some of the content (eg: if it's released at some concert in japan) but I'll be happy when I can grab stuff that they miss out on.
    As long as I have the same amount of content as anyone else, I have no problem with it being different content.

anything from a specific event that is released for any given regions version will wind up online anyway, whether by official channels or not so I won't be too upset at getting that content sometime later when it's posted by someone who was lucky enough to attend the event (this will be how I will manage having the US release in New Zealand).
    but missing out on some of the japanese content is simply an incentive to go buy the japanese version of the game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I think the idea is great - IF the content will eventually be available to all PSP users. You can't expect to satsify users if you exlude most of them from the content you otherwise offer as a giveaway. Well, at least that's how I feel about it.

Ben

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

ditto :G'Kyl.

All exclusive content should be made available to the general public at some stage.

Then it's not exclusive - it's just called "content".

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

It would still be "exclusive" to the region, or in this case event for a time period of say three or four weeks. Then it should be made commonly available to all regions.

As a WipEout fan inparticular, I feel kind of left out here, almost penalised because of where I happen to live.
    I finally know what it must be like for all you american pilots without W3SE. Doesn't feel very nice, does it?

WOW....WIRE05!?

I've always loved Wire...they have some of my favourite Japanese DJs...heheh, good to see Takkyu Ishino back as usual >_<. Too bad Ken Ishii is not lised.

But damn, this is awsome news for Japanese Pure owners. I really hope that NA version will receive some exclusives...so far it seems to be the most left out (not to mention ton of delays). Even the poor folks waiting for the PAL version will get exclusive content.

PSN ID
    wirehang

I love this new content idea!

It would be great if all content made it to all regions but only Studio Liverpool can comment on that. What is the exclusive Euro content?

matt

emsef... FAR too early to predict yet, we're still enjoying the freebies!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I like the idea of region specific contents, it's a cool thing.
    But yes, it's not really great thing for all these people who haven't got a WipEout Pure version of this region.
    I think it would be a good thing if these special contents would be available just for one region at the beginning and then, later, for everyone. That would still be a special for the region that get it 1st. And not disapointing for all the others at the end. Nothing is more thrilling than waiting. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn
    Nothing is more thrilling than waiting...:wink:
    So true.... the excitment surrounding the GAMMA packs were phenominal, I wonder how many members they alone have added to the boards? :roll:

Timezone
    GMT -6

i am AMERICAN i live in AMERICA so what makes the japs so special that they get
    "excluseve content" when all other walks of human life are left high and dry.

i smell a patition

sorry about spelling if any