Thread: Nub / D-pad?

Default Nub / D-pad?

Have always been a d-pad man but started off Pure with PSP's nub.

After much enjoyment I've switched back to good old D - for speed.

Thoughts?

-One more thing: This game just gets better and better > it's definitely got the addiction/rush factor. I live in phantom mode!

Started with D-Pad and stuck with it. Tried the nub a couple times later, but it felt like i was starting over again. Might try learning it when the games becomes too easy.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I use the D-Pad, It's what I used for the PSX WOs before switching to a neggy so it feels more natural, even if the PSP's one's a bit on teh funkeh side :roll:

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

originally I found the nub better in certain speed classes. but now I'm definitely firmly planted in dpad.
    I need to find the time to open up phantom, rapier no longer feels like my mind can't keep up with the game

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

D-pad all the way, the nub feels a little unresponsive.

Been reading the FAQs on Gamefaqs and those writers all stand by the nub (together with Single Airbrake). I tried it but the position of my right hand's even more uncomfortable and my thumb keeps slipping off the darn thing.

I use the nub. Can't imagine phantom with d-pad.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

eew, single brake... that's just nasty
    can't imagine trying to play like that

I got to phantom using th d-pad and recently tried teh nub and it is impossible for me to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxman
    I got to phantom using th d-pad and recently tried teh nub and it is impossible for me to use.
    I feel the same way, I'm shaky with the nub even when I use feisar...
    The weird thing is, when I'm playing zones, it is kind of easier for me when I use the nub..

PSN ID
    Curufinwe5503

I almsot always use the D-pad, but I use the nub for Zone mode, and also on some tracks where the D-pad just won't do. I was having a lot of trouble beating the Karbonis Time trial on Flash, then I switched to the nub and got a gold medal on my second attempt. Those twisty corners just before the start/finish line are just a lot easier using the nub.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I started off with the D-pad, it never occured to me that the analog nub was an option, and for a while it worked nicely, though by the time I arrived in Flash, something was wrong. I kept hitting walls all over the place. I was out of my league and I couldn't make up for it.

I read that the analog nub was the more accurate choice, so I retrained myself by re-racing all tournaments in all classes, and managed to finish Flash and unlock Rapier.

I couldn't even consider returning to D-pad now, but that's just my own opinion on this.

Go with what WORKS for you - that's the best advice I can give, whether it's analog vs D-pad or single vs dual brakes.

Well I don't know if it is more accurate. I can't help feeling the d-pad is better but I trained myself to use the analog in WO3 just because I liked the idea of it so I stuck with analog.

I just can't handle the D-pad at higher speed. wondering that others can.