Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Downloadable content: where is it?!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

For those who didn't pay attention, there are also new screens from Exostra Run and ÜberMall on the IGN page. The first one has a nice 2097 industrial touch and the other looks even more like the real thing, if compared to WO3's MegaMall.

Edit : the link from previous page… http://psp.ign.com/articles/627/627495p1.html

****. I wanted Sebenco Peak.

Sebenco Peak is good but I prefer both Exostra Run and Ubermall by a considerable margin. They are top tracks. i don't think you'll be disappointed.

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

It's all good - assuming that all territories will eventually get all the packs, I'd prefer two tracks over one track and a new team at the moment (esp. if that team is Van Über!)

They'll need to release the other Gamma some time so we can access Gamma Tourney and Descension.

Who knows, maybe they'll release them both together, and IGN just don't know about it...

...Doubtful, I know, but we can live in hope!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    they strongly recommend it to fix some game freezing issues.
    So the re-release pack is patched to fix the freezes, then? I was hoping it would be that.

I was looking forward to Sebenco Peak and VanÜber, but two new tracks is always nice.

How do Sebenco Climb and Sebenco Peak compare? Sebenco Climb is my favourite track on Pure, hence my disappointment at this delay.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

so... we have to re-load Gamma Pack 1

You will not need to re load Gamma pack 1, but it is recommended that you have Gamma pack 1 already on your PSP before installing Gamma pack 2. (at least this is true for the Japanese version)

Speaking of which, it is odd that the US Gamma pack 2 is the Japanese Gamma pack 3. I am assuming that the July US download will have Sebenco Peak and the Van Uber ship. Not really a problem though, as while I think that the Van Uber ship is very cool, I was left slightly underwhelmed by Sebenco Peak. It is a cool track with a good layout, but I suppose I was expecting something like Silverstream for the overall look, which it most definetly is not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I like the design of the 2 tracks.
    >> http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/imgs_1.html
    ___

Yeah, but what's with Van Uber and Sebenco Peak? Will they be available as Gamma Pack 3 for the US version?

Gamma Pack 1 jap = Gamma Pack 1 us
    Gamma Pack 2 jap = Gamma Pack 3 us
    Gamma Pack 3 jap = Gamma Pack 2 us

That could be right, couln'd it?

Can't think that it would be anything different.

Soon my attention will be on the upcoming Delta league, I am looking forward to the return of Goteki 45 and Icaras, also can't wait to see what new racing environments are in store for us.

VanUbermall looks very cool. love the lighting

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

I don't think my question has been answered. I wanted to download Gamma Pack 2, but when I used my PSP to check for downloads, the only one available was Gamma Pack 1. What have I done wrong? Did I miss something?

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

According to the IGN article, US Gamma 2 will be live sometime tomorrow.

Apologies to the moderators for any repetition.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

Thank you for the answer.

I apologize if I have caused any annoyance.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

You think it may be a possibility that IGN might be confused and have forgotten about the pack in the middle, thinking that this next US one will be the same as the last jap one? I may be wrong of course, but it seems a bit weird for this to happen, what's up with the jap strategy for it that they need to change?

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

Sorry for going off topic, but can I just say that I cannot believe that the harmless joke at the end of my last post was moderated!

I'm sure that this entire post will be deleted for bringing this up, and my account will possibly be suspended, but where in the guidelines does it state that joking is not allowed?

Swearing seems perfectly acceptable, just so long as it's not aimed at anyone, and while I don't care either way about this, some may well find it offensive. But obviously telling a small joke is deemed too much, if the moderator doesn't find it funny...

I know it won't bother anyone either way if I left the forum, but to be honest, if this kind of over-moderation is commonplace (and judging by the amount of edits I've seen, it is), then I really can't be bothered - I have enough petty rules and regulations at work, without this.

Sad thing is that I feel really pleased to have found this forum, and somewhere to discuss Wipeout, of which I've been a fan since the original launched on PS1, and feel that I have a lot to share with the community - not only with my knowledge and experiences, but also my artwork, which seems to have taken a WO bias of late.

If this is to be my final post, then please, moderators, have the decency to leave it unmolested as I feel this does raise a valid point.

+1

PSN ID
    AG-Spike

What time can we speculate for the release? I'm in the UK.

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

Possibly any time after 2-3pm, I would imagine. Depends what part of the States their office is in. I wouldn't give up hope any time before midnight, UK time.

Am I the only one whom thinks it's kinda cool that they've mixed up the release schedule, it not only makes it exciting for owners of both the U.S. and JAP versions but isn't the potential for future exclusives/early releases now there? e.g. the yanks could get new tracks, ships, skins before their JAP conterparts and vice versa<-(which has the standard so far)

Have I expained that REALLY badly or does that make sense? :roll: