Thread: PC games

Default PC games

Why isn't there a newer wipeout game for the PC. Some online Wipeout gaming would feed the monster.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

WipEout ever was a PlayStation exclusive, don't know why they made a PC version for the 1st and the 2nd game, maybe because it was so famous.
    The WipEOuts after Wip3out were all launch title, showing the quality of the new console. They should have been a reason to buy the console. Making a Version for PC would ruin the exclusiveness of the game. That could have been the thinking of the creators, I'm really not sure.

But I agree, they could make PC versions of 3 and Fusion now. But I think these games are too unpopular to make a re-release. And they are too old as well...

PSN ID
    o_fluff

The reason why wipeout and 2097/XL were multi format is because that the creators psygnosis were a freelance developer company, as in they would work for whatever format. During this time they were partly owned by SCEE but in 1998 they were completely swallowed up and became SCE Studio Liverpool. This meant that their post '98 games were (and are still) exclusive to the playstation format.

Edit: cheers lance, i stand corrected

i think you meant that the Playstation exclusivity is post '98 rather than pre '98