Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: XLink Kai

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

wow, I just raced this japanese guy called 'wowawa' on kai again, and I have to say that he is THE SH*T on phantom! I lost like one and a half second PER LAP on him! Really good pilot. (I took an ex equo gold on rapier gamma tourny with him tho )

Timezone
    GMT -5

*nods* I heard of him from other racers, heard he was good, but I had no idea he was THAT good! Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, I played him and beat him a couple times using van uber. Playing him made me realize that you must have high thrust, as he used AG Systems and I used piranha. The best guy Ive played, though.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Nice, I'll keep an eye out for him when I get online. Hopefully he's better than Foxy (sorry, coudn't resist )

wowawa is pretty much regarded as the best Wipeout player on Kai. Nice guy, though. Even if his Japanese > English translations are a bit spotty.

He's beaten me some 20-odd times. I've beaten him... 5 times? I dunno, something small.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Hopefully he's better than Foxy (sorry, coudn't resist )
    Ouch! :

I'll give you a better run for your money if we get to play Wipeout 3 SE together at some point - I'm just not a big enough fan of the handling model in Pure for it to keep me practicing, so I'll concede to the better man for portable wipeout.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'll have to brush up on that, it's been a long time. I'm sure I can provide adequate entertainment. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    wow, I just raced this japanese guy called 'wowawa' on kai again, and I have to say that he is THE SH*T on phantom! I lost like one and a half second PER LAP on him! Really good pilot. (I took an ex equo gold on rapier gamma tourny with him tho )
    Exactly how I felt.

Kinda like getting physically beat up. By a wrestler.
    The entire race i was like "OMFG WTF IS IT LAG OR DID HE JUST GAIN 5 SECS ON ME MAGICALLY?!"
    He's damn good, though.

Kai report: Teusday, July 19th

Good times were had by all (at least I hope). There were many 4-5 man races, and only about half of them provided some serious lag. We actually encountered an alledged "bootlegger," but it was no big deal. I was actually absent from the room between 6:30 and 7:00 PM Central time, but I raced quite a bit. After getting my ass handed to me every previous race by eLhabib, I decided to dump Auricom for good ol' Medievil for the last Gamma tournament, and I clean sweeped it. Lots of great moments, too.

Me, djlucite, eLhabib, and Drakkenmensch were all there, among others.

eLhabib can fill you guys in on the events that I missed if he wants.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

true, awesome racing that was! shame my internet connection dropped after the last league (where warhawk owned us) and when I came beck online, they were all gone... I wanted some REVENGE!

Timezone
    GMT -5

*smiles* Warhawk and eLhabib handed me over repeated bronze medals, showing me that I'm far from being done learning in this great game called Wipeout Pure, and that's good!

You don't improve by gaining easy victories over newcomers and inexperienced pilots. That only breeds complacency. War and eL gave me exactly what I needed, a powerful and exciting challenge to push myself beyond, and I loved every second of it!!!

So that's two players I've faced online who can repeatedly smoke me - admittedly, I haven't run into Wowawa yet, so I'm expecting that number to increase sooner rather than later

*takes his sparkling Assegai for another practice spin to be ready for the upcoming challenges*

It's too bad my connection wasn't exactly the best...I really wanted to play with you guys.
    At least me and eL got a 1 on 1 game...got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. With trimmings.
    Still a fun race, though.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I though I should let you know that I am now on XLink! XTag is Hellfire_X, and remember I have the Japanese version. Let's just hope it works...

Timezone
    GMT -5

My japanese copy hasn't arrived in the mail yet, so I'll have to wait to face you in the arena

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

hellfire, you got jap version ONLY? that would suck, I was looking forward to racing against you...

Good news you got it going, Hellfire, but I`m not sure you`ll find much competition with the j/p version.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I know. I found a couple earlier, but I can't seem to maintain a signal at the moment. It stays low for about half a minute and then drops out entirely. The network is still connected, Kai still sees the PSP, but I can't connect to any games. Strange thing is, the DWL USB utility tells me the signal is at 100%. Do I believe that or the Windows taskbar?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

in the DWL utility, under site survey, press refresh until the connection shows up with a little blue circle on it, indicating that this is the one you are connected to. then it will show your true conectivity. I am sitting right next to the DWL with my PSP and it still only says about 85%, so that's normal.

I think the windows signal strength readings are pretty useless in this case so I`d believe the DWL utilities. I`ve never had anything other than very low signal readings from windows and I can connect just fine. Sometimes I have hardly any signal according to windows and 100% according to DWL - and its working, so I basically ignore windows after the basic setup and believe what DWL is telling me. If you are using DWL utilities you have to duplicate all the windows IP and network settings into the utilities programme.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

That's encouraging. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Everything else is working fine, I managed to get a game going before the other guy dropped out after three laps.