Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help me?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Default wip3out se

you can buy it in uk or europe in PAL PS1 but if you are in USA!? then can`t get them in there cos you got NTSC not PAL!.

Hopefully someone might help you whoever read this forum.

stin

Is it wipeout or golf? tough question

PS only try to help

Thanks for the speedy reply stindah. Yes, I live in the US, but I have a modded PS1, so I can play the imports.

-Tom

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I`m glad you got the right one and hopefully you will get one soon!

stin

Is it wipeout or golf? tough question

PS when you got it and you will enjopy it :wink:

Default turbodawgy

Pal imports play in black and white(with a few bizzarre colors) on ntsc televisions. You will probably need a converter or a tv that could play both. Actually to get the colors right, you will need a pal psx. My modified psx's played the games, but black and white. the converter is needed to make the screen the proper size.

That's true, but I have an Xplorer FX Pro, and there are codes for Wip3out SE that take care of all that.

Their site is www.xploder.net (previously www.x-plorer.co.uk), and their codes are backwards compatable with gameshark and action replay, as well as having codes unique to the Xplorer / Xploder.

Another way is to copy the game, and patch the file before you burn it. Patches can be found at www.megagames.com or www.psxcopyworld.com

I forgot to mention this, too:

A lot of the newer tv's can play the games in full color, mine works fine with my PAL Wipeout 3.

Interesting note: I also have the NTSC Wipeout 3, but the PAL version when it is patched is MUCH faster, ie, rapier seems like phantom, and phantom seems like phantom times two! (I didn't know this at the time, I bought the PAL version for the awesome vapor trails that come of the wings... not present in the NTSC version.)

The speed increase has to do with the frequency conversion. It makes the game faster, but the clock is all messed up (example: you are cruising before curly says "Go!")

Default SPEED

It is sped up 15% for the difference between the two tv's. I noticed this too. It is much harder to get a good time with the patched version

Yeah, it's great. It's like having a super phantom level... very challenging and fun! That's why my son Joey and I are trying to find a copy of Wip3out SE... we can't wait to play our favorite tracks from WipE'out" and Wipeout XL at high speed (and with analog)!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Wipeout 3: SE on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...h&BasicSearch=

You can look here for Wipeout 3 Special Edition. That's how I got my copy. Be prepared to pay $30+ when one does pop up.

Do a search for whatever articles I posted here. I have to links you can use to help you or others to try and get a copy.

Thanks! I'll try that!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Default Re: Wipeout 3: SE on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by vh5150
    http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=wipeout &categoryid=&ht=1&category1=1249&maxRecordsPerPage =100&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&submit=Search&BasicS earch=

You can look here for Wipeout 3 Special Edition. That's how I got my copy. Be prepared to pay $30+ when one does pop up.

Do a search for whatever articles I posted here. I have to links you can use to help you or others to try and get a copy.
    is this site good?

would like to know thanxs

stin

ps hoping to buy from scotland

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I thought you'd already bagged a copy, Stin?

I used to find that the EB's in the St Enoch centre and Buchanan Galleries were great for finding obscure stuff in their pre-owned or bargain baskets. Granted I haven't been in either of them in a couple of years now, so I guess that may have changed... that and they're both probably GAME's now.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

sorry infox! yes i`ve got a full collection of wipeouts.

l was meaning for ebay in america is it safe for me buy from there because i was really interested at this one material i really want!

stin :wink:

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawgy
    That's true, but I have an Xplorer FX Pro, and there are codes for Wip3out SE that take care of all that.

Their site is www.xploder.net (previously www.x-plorer.co.uk), and their codes are backwards compatable with gameshark and action replay, as well as having codes unique to the Xplorer / Xploder.

Another way is to copy the game, and patch the file before you burn it. Patches can be found at www.megagames.com or www.psxcopyworld.com
    I do not see anything there for Wipeout 3: SE

Default wo se codes

I'll check the site out and get back to you. If I can't find them there, I'll dig up my codes and post them.

-Tom

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Re: wo se codes

GREAT!!