Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CITTIA NOVA soooo hard

Timezone
    GMT -6

Default CITTIA NOVA soooo hard

CITTIA NOVA!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGHHH 8O

Cittia Nova is the hardest tract in wipeout pure.

i am trying, i repeat trying, to get gold on single race rapier for it by either i'm blown up or fall of the track or go over the humb before the tunnel and land smack on the sign and that bumps me back a few places so... any advice would be very welcome

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Oh yeah,CN, I spent far too much time there in order to complete the game. Well, here's the trick: Keep your nose down! Good pitch control is vital for a fast time at the track. If you want to be on the safe side, get off the accalerator shortly before the turns and take a low and hard turn.

By the way, the most difficult track for me was Modesto Hights at Phantom. Try getting TT gold there when sitting in a well lit train with a PSP shaking like hell! ;)

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

yeah, citta nuova is definitely the hardest one. here's two cents on how to beat it.

the first critical point is the steep hairpin: be sure to stay on the very left side of the track when you climb, and cut the right turn very early, almost hitting the center with your nose. Also be sure to catch the double speed pad.

the second critical point is the corkscrew. be sure to push your nose down (by pressing up) on left turns. also try not to use the airbrakes too much, they will make you lose momentum. better slow down a bit by releasing the thruster then and there. if you have a turbo pickup, save it for the hairpin AFTER the corkscrew, because you get really slow there if you hit the wall. If you get an autopilot on citta nuova, KEEP IT! It's the only track in this game where you can be a lot faster with an AP. use it in the corkscrew but only after the third hard left turn, when you pass under the billboard. any earlier and the AP will mess up, flying into walls or off the track.

hope this helps.

NOTE: I have posted this exact same post in 'the 154 gold medals challenge'-thread, just reposted it here because I thought it fits.

it does fit. but since Rouni would have already seen it, since he posted after your tutorial post, with only one post between yours and his on the same page, he should possibly have not started a separate topic. however, i can see that there is justification for getting more than one answer, so i am leaving this topic in existence and unlocked. your answer in the other topic was probably the inspiration for this topic.

it would probably have been better to simply point to your previous answer, though it does make it easier for people who have not read that topic. i tend to dislike repetition of posts even when they're in different threads. as someone who reads every thread, i sometimes find it difficult to imagine that there would be someone too lacking in Wipeout enthusiasm to read everything!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

heh, I can understand that. I also try to read everything on these forums, at least the Pilots Hangout, general, Arena and wipEout PSP threads :wink:

I only just beat Citta Nuova Rapier yesterday, after a few dramas to say the least.

Another tip is to save a turbo for the longest straight - you`ll gain a load of places - then just concentrate on avoiding bad mistakes for the rest of the lap and hit the speed pads as often as you can. Make doubly sure you`re pointing the way you want to go before you hit them. And on the sharp hairpin especially you must get in tight and hit the speed pad without a pause. A few times I went in so tight I ended up not going round the corner at all, and ended up pointing the wrong way while the guys I just turboed cruised past me.

Also I used Harimau instead of my Qirex, which was possibly a sell-out, but helped.

PSN ID
    wirehang

I'm really stuggling on single race Raiper Citta Nuova, so thanks for the tips. Tonight, hopefully!

matt

Default ...

ha...looks like I'm not the only one. This track discourages me, as I'm currently on Rapier myself. No matter how much I memorize this track, I still have trouble getting into the top 3 . You guys mentioned about releasing thrust rather than air brakes...I was wondering if it'st better to do this in any other tracks as well...like Blue Ridge for example?

~Thanks

PSN ID
    wirehang

All the enemy are going ballistic, which makes it more difficult, too. I can;t get any sort of regularity. Sometimes I'm #2 or #3 other times I'm #6, #7, #8.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Citta nuova really is a hard track with some luck required, too. Now, with lots of routine, I manage to get at least in 3rd when I race it (as opposed to all the other tracks where you can get in 1st easily on every racr once you have the routine), but 1st is still very rare here. It will come eventually, don't try it too hard.

Default ...

So I see it's the same problem among everyone. At least I'm not alone. Maybe its just me, but does anyone think that is is one of the toughest WipEout tracks ever (although I think the first WipEout had some hard ones...can't remember considering I haven't played it in ages...and I was much younger)? It might also depend on the way the ships handle in Pure, and the killer AI that bombs you....it really stings when you get a missle up your ship on this track.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

It took me a while, but I finally got used to this track... the one that gives me the hardest time is Modesto Heights... man, I hate that track.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Same here! Modesto is the hardest with some really tricky sections, especially considering it's supposed to be the second easiest of them all. I hate those chicane things in the tunnels, it's SO easy to hit one of the walls there... Citta Nuova only comes second worst and is quite managable once you get the hang of it.

Ben

Default ..

I used to think Modesto was tough at first. It looks hard...and it throws you off I think (at least thats how it was with me). The tunnel only looks scary, but you can make it with minimal turning. Find the center point and ever so slightly tilt your ship from side to side if you need to. The turns in the tunnel (aside from the first major one where you have to slow down a lot) are just there to throw you off...you barely have to do any turning in there at all.

PSN ID
    wirehang

Snagged CN on the bus home last night - yes!

matt

CN is definitely a bitch, that and a number of other factors put me off playing the tourny's so I've settled for Rapier. To be honest im not that bothered about getting phantom, the honey moon period is definitely over between me and pure, I've shelved it and gone back to playing WO3SE, which IMHO is much more fun.
    I think I'll wait for the pure sequel, with any luck they would have sorted the AI and weapons balancing by then, and it might actually be fun to play.

PSN ID
    wirehang

Come on Space Cowboy, cheer up!

I've had nothing else in my PSP since I got it.

matt

I wish I could dude, but this game just seems to punish hard work and good racing skills. The number of times I've been hit miliseconds from the finish line in a tourny is just ridiculous. Having to go back and start all over again isnt my idea of fun, especially when I've restarted for the tenth time. IMHO playing this game is getting too much like a chore so i've shelved it till the sequel. Sorry

PSN ID
    wirehang

Fair enough mate.

The slight problems, of which only CN and control reversal disruptor have bothered me so far and hanging on comign out of suspend, are outweighed by the simple fact that I can play it on the bus as I do not get enough time to play games at home.

matt

Default ...

Space Cowboy, I feel your pain. I've been thrown off the track, nearly bombed to death, missled, quaked...I've even made it to the top 3 on the last lap....only to fall back to 6th after being quaked off.

It seems to me it hurts a lot more on CN than on any other track as well. I don't think I've restarted this much, out of frustraion in any WipEout as I did in Pure. The tracks that I truly enjoy (such as Chenghou Project, which happens to be my favourite), I'm usually several seconds ahead of the pack by the last lap. Unfotunately, with CN, it's gotten to the point that I refuse to practice it because its no longer enjoyable. I tend to play stiff and tense on CN. Regardless of the fact that I don't enjoy the track, I absolutely love the rest of the game.