Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure...got the game, but don't have the PSP...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

Default Wipeout Pure...got the game, but don't have the PSP...

Three days before the PSP was released, I bought the Wipeout Pure game right off the bat.
    well I still haven't bought that PSP yet, because of the usual finacial issues between me and money...

Well, a friend i know, bought himself a psp, and he told me that theres supposely some bugs in wipeout pure when you play online going wireless.

I don't know, somebody tell me...

No, there ain't, it's clean as a Nun's clout

PSN ID
    o_fluff

*shudders*

There no bugs playing online because the game does not support online play.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Great to see an old Wip3r is coming back to the zone

There's no online play, that's right. For other bugs: I didn't hear anything about big bugs in Pure like the ones in Fusion. The only big bug in the game is "Bug" by Rennie Pulgren & Roxiller, a really good music track...

There are a few bugs in Pure I found but nothing major. Maybe it's just my copy but sometimes it doesn't like coming back from sleep mode - especially on the classic tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

@Dogg Thang: I had these problems, too before updating to the 1.50 OS. Check your PSP menu System Settings > System Information. If it says 'System Version 1.00' you have to download the system update, then you won't have the sleep problems anymore. Also I have heard that it can happen when you put your PSP in sleep mode more than once during one single race, so try to avoid that. I usually just press 'Start' when it's urgent, and then when I have a little time, I just finish the race I'm in and then put it into sleep mode.

Hope that helps.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I didn't quite understand the whole online thing (sorry to disturb you guys with your help about sleep mode on the PSP, you can post right through me if you want). So, you could go online using WiFi, or hooking up to the internet from you computer?!! Because I was gonna say, why not just play from the internet you already have on the game? Though I'm probably wrong, it's just something I thought about. :wink:

You're right eLhabib, I'm on 1.0. It's weird because I thought I ran the update and everything went fine. Seeing what's going on with the homebrew stuff I may leave it at 1.0 for a while and live with the WO sleep mode problem.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Wo WO WO "No online play"?

It says right on the box Wi-Fi Compatible. and also internet connection and network device my be required for certain Wi-Fi multiplayer functionality.

Beside the ability to use the Wi-Fi allowes it to extend the reach of the wireless play to an area achross the globe.

What do you mean no online play?

Just download the Kai engine from XLink. It tunnels PSP with a PCI card. Works great, play WipEout all you want online.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouni Kenshin#1
    It says right on the box Wi-Fi Compatible. and also internet connection and network device my be required for certain Wi-Fi multiplayer functionality.
    Your misquoting that. My cover says, "Internet connection and a network adaptor may be required for certain Wi-Fi functionality." This refers to the downloadable content. "Only one copy for host only may be required for certain Wi-Fi multiplayer functionality." This is refering to Ad-Hoc multiplayer (local play directly between PSPs). The yellow box above that states "Wi-Fi compatible (Ad-Hoc)" is refering to local Wi-Fi directly between PSPs. If it listed Infrastructure then that would mean it supports online play.

All of that aside just use a wireless network adaptor installed on your PC and XLink like Jqwerty suggested and you can play online all you want.

I got a copy of Pure of ebay, but there was a problem with the psp :cry: . So the psp will come within 9 days, but Pure is sitting here all pristine and begging to be played . Ah well. Anyone remember me btw? Came back here today after not posting for like 2 years.

i remember you, but you probably have never even heard of most of the currently active posters since there are so many new members, especially in the last 3 or 4 months. welcome back.

Wahey, I am remembered . I still recall my first post; "I am a Wipeout 3 expert ask me anything". LOL I was so so flamed and crushed by all. My defence is that I was only 12, and that it was 3 years ago .

The pull of Wipeout Pure has brought me back. Im currently playing Wo3 (my favourite) and Wipeout Fusion in earnest as I wait for Pure (and more essentially) my psp to arrive.

Roll on GCSEs in 2 weeks, then. :cry:

lol. yeah, i remember that post; i was one of the crushers, i think. ahh, the know-it-all arrogance of youth. i used to be like that too. i still have a touch of it sometimes when i forget who i am

lol yes well. Let's forget about that shall we ops: . It's nice to see you still around Lance . I cant believe I only have 25 posts though. I'd better get to it.....

Back on topic (sort of) have you got any idea on the customs charge for a copy of pure?? Just in case.

nope, sorry, but there are several people who have imported, so they should be able to answer your question when they turn up here again

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

In Austria it is abaout 20% of the purchase, so for purE wich cost me 38 euro it was about 7.60 euro, making a total of 45.60 for the game, which is still cheaper than what games will cost when the are released here (49 euro).

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Hey eLhabib, you think that will apply to the PSP I'm waiting for from Zoolander? I bought one of his PSPs and purE so you think it'll be similarly 20%? I'll have to scrounge that together if so