Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro Release

Default Euro Release

hey guys just saw this page on ign thought i'd post in for all the fans who are still awaiting their native countries release. enjoy...

http://psp.ign.com/articles/607/607503p1.html

249 Euros?

Completely justifies going import at least. Cheaper price, months earlier.

On a side note, Eurogamer have reviewed the US version of Wipeout Pure. Link:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58756

Agreed, Concept. It's very expensive, and still quite a wait. September is a long time away. Glad I imported.

To be honest I reckon it's a bit of a mess. I'm sure only a very small percentage of us imported but that percentage were the guaranteed early adopters. The six month delay and hefty price tag will spur even more early adopters to import. They are going to be missing quite an important section of their market when they launch I reckon.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Typical, I order one off of Lik-Sang and they announce the bloody Euro release the next day...

Still, I agree the price is pretty inflated, even if it is the value pack. I only picked up the standard pack, but including Wipeout Pure, a 256MB memory stick, a case and a data cable, it didn't come to much more than that.

Just to put it into comparison...

The PSP Value pack is to be retailing over here for £180. Four months from now.

Roughly a month ago I ordered a US PSP Value pack for £160 (+ shipping) from VG+, (when they were being sold for a little under $350 CAD).

The real value of the PSP Value pack is £130 in the US and Japan. The UK will be paying £50 more for the same privledge, and months later to boot.

Fair that.

It also bodes well for the European launch of the PS3...

Hellfire you should also rest assured that the 'value pack' is far from that. You were better off getting the bare bones PSP. Out of my value pack there is not one thing that I haven't replaced yet. The earphones aren't great, the case is open to dust and the memory stick is only 32MB. The only thing from the value pack that I use it the wrist strap.

You'll have done better with what you ordered.

I'm stil waiting for my 512MB card that Lik-Sang supposedly sent out over three weeks ago...

I agree that the 32MB card with the Value pack is useless for anything but game saves, and as Wipeout Pure shows with its downloads, ineffectual for the potential amount that may have to be stored on it for one single game.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Yeah, that was pretty much the reason I went with the standard. I had my eyes on the Aero case from the start, I've already got headphones, and I knew I'd need a bigger memory stick.

I've actually already got the memory stick, picked it up yesterday. Didn't get a bad deal on it actually. It retailed for £42, and I somehow managed to walk out with it for £35.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

September eh don't know if I can wait that long kinda wanted it for July, 249 euros, so thats about £170, I expected it too cost more

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

September, HA, I knew it! So glad I imported!

Sorry for all the guys who still thought it would be May or June...

I wonder what that will mean for the downloadable content of purE? They won't wait till September, will they?

I hope not.

I'm very close to ordering the JP one. The idea that there are updates out there and I can't get them kills me!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

well I'm sure they will change there plans concerning the DLs now. They were also expecting a June release.

I believe the various regional brances of SCE will have been in touch regarding the European release before the announcement, and probably know clear as day when they're going to release each download pack for each region.

You'd think so.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Wow, that's about $320 american, just to put it in perpective for US folk...That is pretty rediculous...and 6 months later too! You fellas got the short end of the stick, for sure! I would import it if I was in Europe...not like I watch any UMD movies on it anyway, so the region coding on those is irrelevant.

In any case, they'd better not wait until September to give U.S. people the downloads, that would irritate me to no end. (I don't even wanna hear you Europeans complain about that, because I'm still waiting for Wipeout 3 SE...).

PSN ID
    o_fluff

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=507846

Here is a good place to get the psp from america - it avoids import tax too (it is under £145) It is the cheapest i have seen it anywhere...very tempting...

Oh and they ship to europe too

Edit: 25 quid for shipping...? oops, off to lik-sang...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

September?!
    lol, we're playig with a one year old* console then
    We had to wait such a long time and the only thing we get is a high price and no new features?!
    I would still import, but that is too expensive, the german taxes and the shipping are too high.
    Maybe I should wait one year more and buy the PS3 with a new WipEout... :roll:

* okay, not exactly a one year

Does anyone now REALLY need a reason to import a JAP or US psp?

I just got my psp the other day from ebay.

I paid £207 in total for a psp standard pack, wipEout pure and a 32mb memory stick.

The seller was from Devon so there was no import tax and it was quick delivery.

I have to say that the psp itself is amazing and I had very high expectations. If you are thinking about importing and can find a good deal I would go for it.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Holy F@k£n sh*t! 207.00 GBP=2,784.80 SEK that's a LOT!!! 8O
    My !"#¤%& guitar cost me 3000 SEK!!! (swedish money)

Can you play Wipeout on your guitar?