Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 279 gold medal (ALL downloads) challenge *JAP*

Default The 279 gold medal (ALL downloads) challenge *JAP*

:idea: has anyone out there lucky enough to possess the JAP edition, gained all 269 gold medals yet

If so... get posting those pics... if only the 'rating' name of 'purist' changed to something... purEr?

21.10.05 ammended to reflect the plausability of 279 medals obtainable. :wink:

That's a... NO then?

OOOOOoooooooooooooo hope I'm the first! (as yet on 142 and got a busy evening ahead... grrrrrr : )

PSN ID
    infoxicated

And you had to bump your own topic just a few hours after the original post?

Well Purist it seems you're the only one here with a japanese copy so'll you'll be the first. Even if I got one I'd have to work all the way up from nothing again. That could be fun though...

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Once I will get an eventually PSP then I will get a Japs version eventually also an American as well in near future!

Yes I know they are all the same but I want them all!

stevie :wink:

146 at present, the Staten Park time trials are proving extremely tough :cry:

I have like 20...

I'm at 47 and about to unlock rapier. pumped!!!

Only 47 and you're about to unlock Rapier!? I take it you haven't got all the Vector, Venom and Flash medals yet then perfecide?

I'm currently on 104 and halfway through Rapier, 2 out of 4 Zone.

103 of those are gold, 1 is silver - Rapier Citta Nuova is f**king breaking my balls, I've even switched from my beloved Feisar in an attempt to beat that one track and it's still impossible for me so far.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Heh, that save data file is pretty clever. It can tell you your rank without even having to load the game!

I guess you have a jap psp then purist - oh and keep on practitcing!

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Come on Purist, not got those elusive last 6 yet? Not too much of a problem really though, you'll have another bunch to get all over when the next release is available Good luck with that.

It's so harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd! :cry: am I complaining though? not ruddy likely

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Right on, glad it's not wearing you down

Quote Originally Posted by Seek100

103 of those are gold, 1 is silver - Rapier Citta Nuova is f**king breaking my balls, I've even switched from my beloved Feisar in an attempt to beat that one track and it's still impossible for me so far.
    Jesus yes I can't beat this track either..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

yeah, citta nuova is definitely the hardest one. here's two cents on how to beat it.

the first critical point is the steep hairpin: be sure to stay on the very left side of the track when you climb, and cut the right turn very early, almost hitting the center with your nose. Also be sure to catch the double speed pad.

the second critical point is the corkscrew. be sure to push your nose down (by pressing up) on left turns. also try not to use the airbrakes too much, they will make you lose momentum. better slow down a bit by releasing the thruster then and there. if you have a turbo pickup, save it for the hairpin AFTER the corkscrew, because you get really slow there if you hit the wall. If you get an autopilot on citta nuova, KEEP IT! It's the only track in this game where you can be a lot faster with an AP. use it in the corkscrew but only after the third hard left turn, when you pass under the billboard. any earlier and the AP will mess up, flying into walls or off the track.

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek100
    Only 47 and you're about to unlock Rapier!? I take it you haven't got all the Vector, Venom and Flash medals yet then perfecide?

I'm currently on 104 and halfway through Rapier, 2 out of 4 Zone.

Yeah, I like to push hard and unlock everything before I get good at the game, then I feel more relaxed and my skills grow easier as I'm not concerned with finding out what comes next, I just enjoy the rest of the experience. I have to learn to be not concerned from the start, and maybe I'd get better faster :]

Timezone
    GMT -6

Yo i'm at 94 and bleieve that Cittia Nova is the hardest $%#$#$% track ever!

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

is it possible to get medals in time trial?
    if so, how?
    if not, why does it appear in the medal tables in the profile?

It is very possible to get medals in TT. It just takes a little practice at first. You'll notice in the upper right corner of the screen what time you have to beat to get a medal.