Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative looks...

Default Alternative looks...

Yep, it won't happen but just for fun I pilfered a couple of images from IGN and quickly (and badly) photoshopped a different lighting scheme. Have a look.

Firstly here's a not so Blue Ridge.

And here's Sol 2 at night.

those look great DT ^_^

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Wow, very nice, good work

Okay, will someone VERY important in Pure dev staff take the decision of making a night version of Sol 2? I mean, this is a MUST! There's not much to be changed apart the background, and track textures. Comparing it to other tracks, this seems to be easier than others and would profit much more than with other tracks. So...?????

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

yeah, this looks great. we should start a petition for user request track downloads. I would love a nighttime sol2!

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Sweet!! Those are awesome 'Doggy Thingy'!! :wink: Sol 2 looks like, well, a Solarsystem in space?!! 8O Naw. : But it does almost look like it could just as well be a track set in space. Once again, very good work. :roll: Mabye in the future, we could have the technology to screw with things like this independently, and easily (meaning not having to be a geek). :wink:

Cool, glad you guys like them! One last one (another evening one!) here!

Excellent! they look really cool and very moody
    I just goes to show how an alternate look can change the mood of a track entirely.

Sol 2 night version would be cool. Also the sky in the last shot looks pretty ominous.

Sol2 after dark looks a bit too outer-spacey for PurE ... Ashley would kill us all just for suggesting it !!!! :wink:

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Man, the other one is also r-e-a-l-l-y awesome!!! 8O

Just digging up this old thread to show you two more -

This is Exostra Run at dawn - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...xostraDawn.jpg

And this is Sebenco Peak on a very snowy day - http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...kBlizzard2.jpg

Timezone
    GMT -5

.... wow.... just wow... *drools over the amazing sunsets and snowy Sebenco*

You know what guys? I'd like to make the suggestion that the PS3 Wipeout have multiple times of day and weather conditions that can be either manually selected or better yet, set to random, so that each track and tournament never quite feels the same.

You know that the PS3 will be powerful enough to make it possible!

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

Su-bloody-perb!

it would be really cool to have the same tracks at different times of day, and these shots are a great indication of what they would (could?) look like.

Nice job Mr. Thang - these are the mutts nutts! :wink:

I have always hoped that either Silverstream or Firestar would get resurrected in a new W'O" game, and some of these shots have a similar feel. How about it Dev-types? either of these tracks due to appear in a classic pack?

*cranes neck and cups hand to ear in the faint hope of a whisper from the lords of developer-dom...*

I really like the Sol2 at night, very haunting and atmospheric. It somehow adds to the feeling of racing on a thin strip of track miles in the sky - Good job!!

I love exostra dawn. didn't expect daylight would reach this dark track ever :-)

Again, glad you like these! Here's another Sebenco Peak one, this time at night inspired by both Altima and Exostra Run -

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26...bencoNight.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

This one is awesome! It makes a totally different atmosphere, something quiet and also something mysterios.
    I like it!

yes, and instead of birds like in blue ridge some howling wolves along the track... great atmosphere

In terms of Silverstream or Firestar for a new Classic pack, well, I would adore that too but I am sure they would just be in the neon style of the current Classic tracks. I do really like the neon look but they really don't bring back any of that feeling I had racing them before. It's understandable - it would be a lot of work realising those tracks fully rendered.

Maybe in a Wipeout Pure 2!

With my dark Sebenco Peak image, I would have loved more night tracks in Pure or dark tunnels with just a few single colour lights (am I the only one who loved those all-red tunnels in 2097?). But this is where I would applaud the thinking of the Pure design team for taking the target machine into account. As I learned playing Metal Gear Acid, even with the great backlight, dark areas are really hard to make out on the PSP screen unless you're in the exact right environment. Pure never has that problem, which is great. I would imagine from the success of the visuals (and the reduction in ghosting compared with something like Ridge Racers) that the team put a serious amount of work into choosing the lighting and the colours.