Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone Mode - Why is the camera so different?

Yep you're right. Actually have you noticed that the camera is rooted to the tip of the nose of the craft? When you start to watch it, it's a little weird.

Pure is like bittersweet nostalgia!! :-P

Bittersweet? Nah, just sweet! I actually think the camera in Pure works exceptionally well.

Actually it's funny the way you notice how things are working when you play for a long time. I remember going to a party once and seeing the word 'sonic' with an arrow written in permanent marker on the television. I asked what it was and someone turned on Sonic the Hedgehog for Megadrive. Sure enough, the arrow always pointed at Sonic!

LOL, that's great.

Rapier's giving me a hard time in Pure :-P...I'm by no means good, I'm not even going for golds right now. I'm just unlocking everything up to Rapier Ascension (i think that'll get you to Phantom Alpha) and then going back and mopping up the golds ^_^.

I agree with whoever said on these forums that the weapons are a B*tch at higher speed levels. It's pissing me off, the other day I was playing and I got hit with a quake, then a plasma bolt (at which point my ship exploded but the hunk of metal kept going), and then my hunk of flying metal on fire got hit with a ROCKET, then it flew into a bomb and blew up finally.

...and I thought they would play nice. Holy crap.

the weapons are a bit excessive at times, but I love getting shot by that disruption bolt that makes everything ahead of you go into a kind wibbly wobbly distortion of perspective effect. I can`t describe it any better, but that messes with your head..... particularly while barrel rolling off a big jump. It just occurred to me to try a barrel roll in zone mode..... I don`t know if its possible. I guess it would be kind of counter-productive though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    It just occurred to me to try a barrel roll in zone mode..... I don`t know if its possible. I guess it would be kind of counter-productive though.
    You can, but only Syncopia gives you enough air to make it possible. It eats too much sheild to be worth it though, and it doesn't really give you any advantage anyway (though I don't know exactly how the scoring works...).

I just thought...does barrel rolling while using the nose-cam spin the camera around? That would be crazy...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

yes it does.

I absolutely hate the disruption bolt that reverses your steering.

It's great in multiplayer though. Hit my friend with one and got lucky and it reversed his controls and heard him cussing at me from the back of the bus, lol.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Well, djlucite, how lucky you seem to have a friend that plays with you. :wink: By the looks of it, I'd say Wipeout is becoming more and more popular, with the downloadable content and web browser and high ratings and all. More people seem to be buying it, which make me really happy. :wink:

I do think their is reason why camera modes on Zone mode would be different, but I can only think that it'd make it easier. Zone mode would reach at such high speeds, that the camera may need to be more connected to the craft than let it drift forward at acceleration, and beckward for deceleration. In other words, I'm sure they have their reasons. :wink:

Yeah, i got about 3 ppl at school that play with me, and there's one I play over xlink (knew him in real life, an old friend.)
    I'd say Pure is one of the more newbie friendly ones. I can easily be crusing along doing perfect laps at Rapier, then when my friend wants to play, he goes into Vector (is that the 2nd one? I forgot, lol.)
    Usually a n00b feels that Venom is too slow, and I just jump them right into vector. It seems perfect for a learning curve.

There's still people that shy away. Most of my friends are like 'ew wtf wipeout is that a surfing game" or something but eh...they can go die. I have Ridge Racer so I can play against them (and still do a decent job at kicking their asses ;-)) when the time arises, but there's nothing like Wipeout.

Xlink is great if you wanna just play a round against a human instead of some elastic AI...makes for more realistic combat.

Usually when me and my friends play, we play with weapons off. It's more of a battle of skill rather than whoever gets the quake/plasma first, haha.

PS: OH MY GOD FLASH/BLUE RIDGE IS ANNOYING ME RIGHT NOW!!! it's so slow I suck at it!! lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by djlucite
    I can easily be crusing along doing perfect laps at Rapier
    perfect laps on rapier, EASILY?! sorry, but I don't believe you.
    either your a natural or I just plain suck (and I'm quite good at this game I think), well head over to http://defaulted.ath.cx/ghost/ and prove it. I wanna see you pull perfect laps EASILY on citta nuova or manortop

I said easily crusing...not easily doing perfect laps. There's a difference.

...and only on Vineta K. lol. (I just hit phantom today. Been playing since last week, on and off.) I phrased that sentence wrong, sorry.

Citta Nuova's a killer. That map (and blue ridge) makes me mad. I need practice, practice, and more practice.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

fair enough. :wink:
    heh I was just wondering if maybe we found a natural w'o'' talent here 8O

Man...I almost beat that chengou ghost. I got something like 0.33.79 or something. Stupid wall scraping, lol.

And I downloaded that phantom/vineta/qirex ghost, holy crap it has like 3 seconds on me! argh.

(And people have the nerve to complain the game is too slow...lol whenever one of my friends does that I let them play rapier/citta nuova. lmao)