Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good things come to those who...

yeah the old wonder-wonkable is rubbish for races on WO3. There aren`t enough buttons. Its fine in Time Trial though.... wonkers prefer it by themselves after all. :wink:

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Yep, that's true. Still struggling to find the most preferable settings for the thing, i've tried it all from 0 deadzone to 15, from 10 max lock to 80, the latter seems to be working best at the moment, and i find that using the II button for acceleration and I for hyperthrust is much more comfortable on the thumb joint Anyway, my eyes have all gone to blech so i'll have to resume at a later time I've always prefered it on my own, even before I was a wonker anyway *Sings Ulrich Schnauss' "On My Own"... badly*

I use B for accelerate and A for hyperthrust (fire in 2097). Then you have a very precise on/off for these commands and you don`t have to bother with those squeaky old analogue buttons at all, except for firing weapons in races. But there are as many configurations as neg-owners. I think Al has a very tricky setup where his airbrakes are I and II, or something along those lines. You can`t say it doesn`t work. There`s an old topic about it...... somewhere

i couldn't handle Al's configuration at all; i do the same as lunar, and stick with B and A for thrust and activate power-up [or hyperthrust in WO3] with II and I for weapons control. as that implies, i use the neG for both TT and SR

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Ah, never thought of using the A and B buttons, i'll give that a try, thanks fellas

PSN ID
    stin_wz

As long you don`t overtake my scores then I`m happy!

stevie :

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

"As long as" not too long i'll bet stin, I was getting better with it when I packed it in earlier, scored a couple of PLs so it's only time my friend i'm sure, oh and while i'm at it, let me reiterate that the Auricom chalenge will be mine! :

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

'Auricom chalenge will be mine!' .. hmm .. sounds familiar!
    Oh! was exactly what I told stin on the msn!!!!

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

K so now that i've had a neGcon for a day, I can safely say I don't dig it all that much. The closest i've come to one of my DS times is 7 seconds off at mega mall venom(!) and now my right hand's fingers ache something chronic, having had them scrunched up around the most uncomfortable bit of plastic i've held in some time. I couldn't find a steering setup that worked in more than one class, it kinda felt like i was a complete newbie and my times reflected it, straight up hated it. But still i'll give it another go when my hand stops hurting in a few days.

Oh and Zargz, this changes things, might not be participating after all, there are more important things to spend my wipEing time on than a venom tournament (like learning how to do phantom all over again

I didn`t really learn to use it for about a month, and flying hundreds of laps of Talons Reach Rapier/Phantom on 2097, with max lock set very low - about 5 or 6. WO3 does need a higher number, but no more than 40. Hope it works out when your hand gets better. I was going to make a joke about wonkers cramp and so on but its probably best not. :roll:

I think anyone will reduce their times with a negcon, eventually, especially on fast classes where you need to turn and change pitch at absolutely the same time.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    I was going to make a joke about wonkers cramp
    Yeah, I think we've done the "i'm a wonker" bit to death now I didn't expect to learn to use it instantly, but I'm still kinda gutted that I sucked at it so much :roll:

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    I think anyone will reduce their times with a negcon, eventually ..
    key word being eventually

and probably even more eventual for talented d-padders like you and Dimension.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

thank you kindly lunar but the ghost you left before you were of for your holydays > we didn't beat that yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimension
    Oh and Zargz, this changes things, might not be participating after all, there are more important things to spend my wipEing time ..
    WalkOver?! 8O
    well, well .. anyway that MM time is driving me nuts : have to do something about it soon!

here's something not amuzing for me to look at >>
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Arnaud Senand France Icaras 1:47:68
    2 Al Sartwell USA Icaras 1:50:88
    3 Alistair Douglas United Kingdom Goteki 45 1:59:36
    4 pavel Ramirez Sweden Icaras 2:00:04
    5 Jeroen Meuleman Belgium Icaras 2:00:16
    6 Thom Coakes United Kingdom Icaras 2:00:96
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    atm I'm 2:00.12 with Auricom!
    as stin says > I will prevail!!! {{:x}}
    Ha! just occurred to me - I'll post that time instead - I still be 4th! muaha! :

*Edit: btw I just dl your icaras time for 'future analysis' :roll:
    and I like the (WR) you included in the fileName!

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Yeah I know, good no? :wink:

PSN ID
    stin_wz

LOL!!

stevie :

i think you guys are getting this topic confused with the one about ghostsave competition

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Yup, it has got kind of off topic, hardly news though as it's been that way for over a week :wink: