Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: purE ghost challenge

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Default purE ghost challenge

hey fellow purE pilots!

as you might not know, it is possible to exchange ghost save data from your memory stick. so, I thought it would be pretty neat if we could start a little ghost challenge for purE here!

HOW IT'S DONE:

if you connect your PSP to your PC via USB or wireless, you can access the ghost files from purE. you will find them under PSP>SAVEDATA. they are in oddly named folders, but you can determine the right one easily by comparing the date and time the folder was created with the date and time of the ghost file on your PSP. when you find the right folder, take the file ending on .GHO and upload it to your personal files here on w'o''zone, with a short description to it, then everyone can add it to their ghost files. I'm just 'guessing' here, that it should work this way, for I haven't tried it yet, but it makes sense, doesn't it?
    It might be necessary to clear your own ghost file for that specific track and class, in which case you don't have to delete it, but rather just store it on your PC if you don't wanna lose it (but actually, when you beat the 'foreign' ghost, you will have a faster time than your old ghost, anyway.

I will start now by uploading two ghosts. they may not be hard to beat, because I haven't really tried to get fast times yet, but just take a look at the file description, and if the times are better than yours, go for it!

the two ghosts are:

Flash / Blue Ridge / Zone / 0.36.53

Flash / Chenghou Project / Zone / 0.37.89

I chose Flash class because I'm most comfortable with it right now, and because most of you should have it unlocked by now i guess.

you can find the ghosts here:http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=913

please try if this works and feel free to upload your own ghosts!
    have fun!

EDIT: after some testing we now know that two files are needed: SAVE.GHO and PARAM.SFO
    just put them in a zip folder which you name like this 'class/track/time' and upload it!

I posted a thread about this yesterday but the problem with using the zone file storage is that only zoners are supposed to access them and isn't it a problem if other non-zoners access the files?

I dont want to get in trouble with files in my personal area - is there a site where we can stick these in a permanent open fashion for leagues? They're about 200kb each - or can we get confirmation from the moderators that other wipeout players can have access to these files in our storage area?

Thanks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

first of all, the .gho files are 7kB. and second, I wouldn't see why I don't want ma ghost files to be touched by anyone else, there tagged with my name, so it is clear who set the ghost time...
    have you tried putting one of my ghosts on your psp?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

In the case of these files, I'm fine with you sharing them - as long as it's for the purpose of playing Wipeout. The restriction is really only to prevent people from sharing large files - there are plenty of dodgy file sharing clients for that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

so, now that we have the official OK to this, can we get this started? C'mon!

PSN ID
    o_fluff

My psp is a .gho file at the moment.

tick follows tock follows tick follows tock follows tick follows shattered release dates.

PSN ID
    The_Boye

Is it just the .gho file thats needed?

I don't know how to setup the download page from here so here's my Blue Ridge TT on Flash. I've made a few mistakes and used the airbrake too much for a fast time but it's decent enough for now.

http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...53MQUGGK2G1QY0

35.88 with Assegai.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

okay, first attempt failed. looks like we need more than just the .gho file. the two icon files and the pic file are identical, i tested that by swapping them around. that means we need the files SAVE.GHO and PARAM.SFO

i will now put those two up for my abovementioned flash/blueridge ghost. please somebody try this to see if it works or put up your ghost for any track.

i have put my files in a zip folder with a short description, you can grab it here:http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=913

go go qirex!

flash / time trial / blue ridge / qirex / 0.34.92 ghost

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

just tried it, only took the .gho and .sfo, and it works perfectly! sweet!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

you know what? this could totally replace timetables for pure. we would just have to make one big tab with all the tracks and classes in it, and a ghost file zip for each. so everybody can download the ghost, and if he beats it, he sends the person who does the maintenance on the tab his new ghost, and it's put in, replacing the old ghost. sound like a good idea?

i whipped up a little code for a ghost sharing page, you can upload your ghosts and download all the other posted ghosts. ive only spent a little while on the script so its a little buggy but it is definately workable, ill keep updating the code over the next few days and maybe stick a prettier interface on it. You can get to the ghost page here:
    ghost page
    if you run into any problems toss a pm or email my way and ill check it out

known bugs:
    no spaces in names
    no data validation on times

will do:
    sorting of ghosts on individual track pages
    display recent uploads on frontpage

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

COOLEST. THING. EVER. :wink:
    very nice

so we stick to copying the whole folders now? but then we have to remind people to delete their old gost for that track, otherwise it will mess up i think. take a look at my blueridge ghost file, beacause I'e added a short explanation on how to do it, maybe you can add that to the ghost page.

heh, thanks.

yea, i think copying entire folders is a bit safer, i was reading one of the .sfo's and noticed it the folder name in there, so although it isnt absolutely nessicary it still seems like a good idea. thanks a lot for the how-to btw, ive placed it on the front page. Im not sure exactly what the psp will do if there are two ghosts for the same track but it probably wont work how you want it to so if you want to save your old ghosts you do have to remove the folder from the memory stick ( but thats not much worse than having to remove the .gho and .sfo files ). should make keeping track of stuff a little bit easier as well. anyways, ive added a couple features since my last post but nothing really worth mentioning individually. later.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

I don't think the tables should be replaced... but having this as an addition would be good. You enter a time on the table, and can also upload the ghost for that time. It not only helps enhance the competition (you can see your opponent!), but also provides proof that you aren't being dodgy

yea, i dont think it should replace the tables either^_^ just a fun thing to go along with it.

update: ghosts now sorted in track blocks, will separate to track pages once there are ghosts to separate. time data validation bug fixed.

PSN ID
    The_Boye

When I dropped the folder I was asked if I wanted to overwrite the existing folder as TT/Blue Ridge/Flash save file is named the same by default. To save space we could go down the .gho/.sfo route as long as everyone knows what files they are changing there shoudn't be any problem. All that changes is the ghost that's loaded, there is no change to your own personal records.

Nice clean lap btw, I shouldn't have any problems knocking that time into touch though.

This is AWESOME!
    Somebody put a link in the Pure forum - I nearly missed this update! Nice user interface I was hoping for something just like this!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

actually, I started this thread in the pure forum initially, but noone noticed it...

There seems to be a problem uploading to your ghost page def:

After I tried to upload it said make sure the file was under 3kb and it had an error.

My file was 226KB - Im going to put it in my personal space now...

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=935

TT 0.24.53 Phantom Sol2 AG SYSTEMS Ghost :