Thread: Why is gar d'europa with goteki45 so frustating diffcult?

Default Why is gar d'europa with goteki45 so frustating diffcult?

In classic mode have almost played all ships with all tracks in vector with gold. But this track is so frustatng the ship seems to be so slow. The best i could get is silver.
    Almost hitting all blue pads, dont ram the wall. But each time when i finnaly get first in the last part fromthe second lap. There is that high hill thing with lots of bumps in it. It seems to slow me down, its like i glued to the floor. Almost everybody else passes me there at that point at twice or triple my speed. So that after the jump i am 4rth or 5th again and agian.
    A 50% of the time the shoots lots of rocjets there at me too, to make it more difficult

Its a beautififull track, like the train passing by. But god i hate it. Played that track 50 times but still silver.

ps tried a few laps in venom mode, its seems 50% quicker but could it be that the shield is much lower? i didnt make the end line becuase i died, possible of the frequent wall crashes.
    Are the more differences between the 3 difficulties except speed?

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I've never had much difficulty winning at Gare D Europa with anything, then again I've not done all of the Vector SRs, that said though, there's not much that can be said, one thing I noticed back when I was playing 3 PAL was that if you open a race, the competitors you go up against will never change, however many times you use restart, if you think it would be any easier, you could go through the selection process lots of times to get a nice enough field, that is, easy enough to beat field I do hate the SE AI, it is indeed some of the most annoying i've ever gone up against, but in Vector, perfect laps should come fairly easily, cut enough clean corners and even the fighting back AI should be blitzed... usually ops:

Your problem is so simple to solve I feel like an idiot having to say it: hyperthrust, save some energy for the last hilly section (on vector and venom it's probably a challenge to actually die from wall-crashing so you should have plenty of shield) and hyperthrust all the way to the top of the hill and just glide down to the track at the start/finish line, repeat on the next lap.

The only difference between the difficulties is speed, nothing else, shields function exactly the same, which is how it should be, difficulty settings in games that make things harder by gimping the player or over-powering the enemy aren't a proper test of skill, they're just sadism and laziness by the programmers, thankfully w'o" has steered clear of that.

Hyperthrust? did i miss something?? Where do i find that?
    I only know gas, left/right brake and view.
    My manual is is german and light blue text on white paper wich makes it almost impossible to read.

Edit : How stupid of me. I found it. Always raced without it ops:
    Will tryi t again latert

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

You'd best go to the config screen, look for hyperthrust, assign an easily reachable button to it and see your lap times improve a LOT. :)

Ben

Ben[/quote]Arrgh all these rounds i played withhout it, what a waste.
    Thank you for the hint

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Hey, you are not the only one ops: till my son told me to use hyperthrust! ops:

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

But you HAVE done your Stick2Trax records with using hyperthrust, yes? Otherwise I'd start getting worried right NOW. ;-)

Ben

PSN ID
    stin_wz

LOL! yes I have been using hyperthrust :wink: but my son told me that was just over a year ago! well nearly two years ago!

stevie

How old is your son? Isnt he telling you to grow up instead of playing games :

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Heh, I think it's more becoming a hunter family tradition to play wipeout than something stin should grow out of Your daughter better than you yet stin?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

LOL!! ops: At least I`m okay for the rest of my games (I do play alot compare to my families! :wink: therefor they cannot compete with me (phew!))

If you must know my son(LoTR) age? and he is nine yrs old now ops: so you know now! . He did said to me in exact words "Dad!, you are not using faster speed!!!", as I said to my son "Huh??? what speed you gabbing about?!!!" and he said "Dad have you tried R1?" sniggering! Then at the back of my mind (Oh ****! he`s right! friggen smartarse!) ops: ops: Never looked back since!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Yeah, it's good to take a look into the manual... I even did not know that you can also fire a missile backwards in 2097 a few month ago ops: Then I looked into the manual. Old game, new surprise

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

lmao stindah, funny stuff :

Finally gold!!

Btw finally found out how you got those beautifull avatars (always thought you made them yourself).

Choose me a nice one. What other choice did i had after this debacle :wink:

Good stuff, it's ironically easier to do Gare d'Europa on higher speed difficulties as with a little pitch-control you can smoothly glide over those bumps, it's evident that the course was originally designed with rapier speed in mind.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

"it's evident that the course was originally designed with rapier speed in mind."

...Which makes it all the more fun in Phantom

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

You don’t have to use hyperthrust to stop the AI ships passing you at those bumps, you need to raise the nose as you come out the tunnel but make sure you don’t keep your finger on the button as your going over the bumps, you need to make sure you don’t bottom out and also make sure your going fast enough it’s tricky to get right but a little press will see you on your way

Tip: At the end of the ramp, along the home straight; nose up and hyperthrust, this provides a massive speed boost to the craft.