Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Downloadable content

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

the Largest country in the world after all!
    ( TI tread Q - does most northamericans really think the states is the largest country in the world? )
    Go Mother Russia!! > I was actually born in Moscow!
    : mwaha!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Russia the largest country in the world? not likely. maybe by area, but in terms of sales potential which is what counts for Sony for release date purposes, no way. you could go by buying power or population, and that would be U.S.A. or China. the fastest way for them to get their development money back is by selling to the hottest markets first. influenced somewhat by the company being native to Japan, as are most of its top execs. but i digress. the country that has the most money for financing teams and had the greatest pull with the racing organisation would probably be the one to have the most teams and races. like the U.S. used to have 2 Grand Prix races per year, when all the other countries who had races at all only had one. the world ain't fair.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

the word 'Largest' to me indicates Area > nothing else!
    and we are talking about a bit more than hundred years in the future (pure) not about today nor the allmighty Sony

true, but this topic started out being about downloadable content [supplied by Sony] and release dates [determined by Sony]

oh... and btw,

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yeh. also true ..
    another thing that's true is i wont be getting me a psp/pure till they go down in price
    but still -> !! and >> here the logo of qirex pilot fr wo1 kel solaar -> a fist in the air <<

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Only 4 new ships?

I was kinda hoping for a few more.
    ======
    EDIT: I'm not complaining. I just initally thought there would be 8 new ships too. And was hoping one would be the Dual-Engine classic design.

Still, having Goteki-45 will be a sweet thing.

Van-Über will be twin-engined, it can't really be single engined given the design is mostly engine with a cockpit stuck between LOL.

Lance: by the time of wipEout America should have lost most of it's wealth, this is not just random America-bashing, think about it. Most of the money invested in the US belongs to OPEC, the US is completely dependent on OPEC pricing in $ as this means everyone else has to have reserve supplies of $ to buy oil. The invention of AG tech makes oil worthless and so every country in the world will then sell their reserve supply of $ and the OPEC countries will immediately pull out all it's investment in the US to try and stay afloat meaning a very swift crash in the US economy. At least that's what I see happening going by the current financial plans of the US.

Zargz: most of Russia's area is barely-habitable deserts or tundra, the largest administrative area in Russia - Sakha has a population density of 0.3 people per km² and it's not even the least populated place, so while it may have more area than any other country there aren't enough people to fill it up and there's not enough money for it to compete with places like the US or the EU.

Prometheus: I read the history of Qireж on the site and it says that the criminal organisation who were at once the Russian government and the owners of Tigron were all arrested along with the owners of Overtel and the other corrupt teams in 2170, there's no one left to restart Tigron, or if they are still around they're rotting in a gulag somewhere. :

That assumes that Van-Uber will be one of the new ships. I'm not so sure that the Fusion ships will (or even should) make an appearance as their design is so contrary to where Pure has been taken. As it is the Medievel ship really throws off the look of the starting line-up. One of the great things about the ships in the original is that all of the craft look like they are part of the same race. By Fusion it was like the Wacky Races.

Different isn't always good.

It is a little weird to me that Fusion was panned by so many people and elements from it seem to be wanted in Pure. Personally I am happy to let Fusion go as a failed experiment and leave the teams, ships etc in the past.

As for extra ships, I think I'd like maybe some Pure renditions of more classic ships from the first 3 games.

Another nice donwloadable feature would be... gt4 mobile

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

it's to late for wishing, I'm afraid, as you can see by the w'o''zone purE avatars, the four bonus ships will be icaras, goteki, vanuber, and tigron.

Ah okay. I didn't know that!

The reason for panning Fusion was not the design aesthetics of the ships in it, some of those were redeemable if a little bit as you say 'whacky races' (Xios looking like a flying potato for example) the reason I want to see some of the Fusion teams recreated in purE or in a later wipEout is because they are interesting designs but with sloppy execution, look at Auricom in Fusion, it looks like a badly assembled lego model, but we know that Auricom can be done in a 'proper' wipEout style, the same is true of teams like EG.r and Van-Über they can look good if done in a more wipEout-ish style, Van-Über for instance looked pretty damn good in the early concept work when Fusion actually looked like a wipEout game.

There is one Fusion-style ship that I would actually like to see in purE and that is the second Feisar model, can't remember the name at the moment, but it's the first upgrade for the ship, twin engines, the hull comes up smoothly to the cockpit and out to the sides instead of going straight back, the wings are swept back like in w'o", only bad thing was the crappy logo Feisar had in that game.

Well I do think the design aesthetics of the ships were panned by some people and, in my opinion, with good reason. I think most of them looked rubbish (again, purely personal opinion). I do agree that the Feisar looked good but then that was the most WO looking craft out of the whole bunch. I hope that the Fusion teams get ships that look like WO ships.

I am infact one of the most rabid anti-Fusion people here and while I did pan most of the designs in their final incarnations in the game I would also be the first to recognise that the basic shapes and proportions of the ships were not entirely without merrit, I think one of my posts a while back I was singing the praises of the Van-Über design, not the version we see in the finished game but the basic idea which could have been developed into a good looking wipEout ship.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't know about you guys, but I REALLY dig the EG.r ship. that and the feisar in its early upgrade stages where the most w'o'' looking ships in fusion. oh and the fully upgraded g-tech was pretty cool, although looking more like it came from f-zero.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

@ seek 100:

Doesn't it say that tigron still existed and quirex were making some parts for tigron?

No it doesn't, it says that in 2132 the Overtel corp. (the people responsible for the downfall of the sport) severed ties with Qireж (there's no 'u' in Qireж otherwise it would be pronounced qweerex by english pronunciation conventions) and after this they continued to dominate the sport until the Russian economy collapsed int eh late 2140s. Tigron Enterprises was the commercial front of the Russian mob that had taken over the government, they bought out Qireж and used their facilities and tech to make Tigron craft. In 2170 the corruption in the league was uncovered and the Tigron team which was the most heavily involved and basically all the owners appear to have been arrested as the team was simply abandoned, it was then bought in 2172 by Feliks Levovich who re-registered the name Qireж in 2179 and made his living producing parts using the factory for old Qireж ships to sell to enthusiasts, he agreed to sell surplus parts for Tigron ships to private collectors but vowed never to make any new examples.

browsing around on the japanese pure site i noticed an update to the "on-line" section here is the text:

additional content will be uploaded every month to the wipeout pure PSP private website over the next six months.

basic additional package contents (the following items can be downloaded every month):
    1x new circuit
    1x new craft
    1x new menu graphics

the first - "gamma pack 1" will become available for download on 4/7.
    im no master translator but the update is pretty clear, the rest of the info remains the same as my translation from this post: online play

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

TOMORROW!?
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

w00t indeed. i was pretty suprised when i saw it, i was expecting a bit more warning... of course theres no way to know for sure that the american release will be the same as the japanese release, but i dont see any reasonable reason why they would'nt be.