Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Downloadable content

No need for anyone to apologise, I just thought I'd let people know the how and why.

As for the 'alternative' ships being selectable and deselectable as AI, the points have been noted

How about being able to completely turn off the ghosts in either time trial or free play? Having the option not to auto-load ghosts should mean we dont have to look at them unless we want to...

Don't get me wrong - the Ghosts are extremely well done. Just sometimes I want the track to myself

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I'm with you on that one. I find ghosts a major distraction
    my ideal would maybe be a second clock at the top that I could look at if I wanted, that wasn't as obtrusive, where I could see my split at any exact point on the track as compared to what would otherwise be showing as the ghost. perhaps colour coded for peripheral recognition of being ahead/behind?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    eastrain

Colin, have the additional ships for the rest of the packs been planned out so far, or are the downloadable content packs being developend as you go? I ask because I was curios if any thought had been put into developing additional content from outside sources, like your explanation of the medieval ship. Perhaps a contest to design a ship for a future expansion...

Wishful thinking I know, but all the same, other companies and development studios have done it, and I'd love to see the community push some of the vision of where the world of Wipeout is headed through perhaps their own individual creative spirits.

-dan

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    I'm with you on that one. I find ghosts a major distraction
    my ideal would maybe be a second clock at the top that I could look at if I wanted, that wasn't as obtrusive, where I could see my split at any exact point on the track as compared to what would otherwise be showing as the ghost. perhaps colour coded for peripheral recognition of being ahead/behind?
    Ya, I totally agree with that. I've wondered the same thing, and that they should have a clock rather than a ghost, because I'm always afraid of mine coming up behind me, it make the hairs in the back of my neck raise. : Well, it's a ghost after all. :wink: And when that happens, I lose focuse, thus making the ghost drive me to do worse. I always want to beat myself, but the ghost get's me all timid at the controls, and I really hate it when flying at the exact location of the ghost upon the track, making your view of the track all gray and the movement of the ghost in front of you just makes it worse. Great that you guys bring that up. :wink:

We thought of that, which is why, in Pure, the ghost ship fades away the closer you get to it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

8 O That's bloody fantastic! What a great idea!

It's totally true, the "opacity" of the ghost ship is a problem when you're real close to it, but I'd never actually thought about it or really realized it.

Excellent solution to a problem I hadn't admitted existed.

I'm surprised I haven't seen comments from some of the Pure players about this feature already. Perhaps they didn't even notice and just enjoyed the ghosting a lot more, hence the huge amount of "ghost challenge" stuff that has appeared? 8 )

It's getting harder to resist buying a PSP.

I hope the price drop is happening soon...

Ghosting is popular because it's the closest thing we have to racing against other zoners.

I did notice that ghosts fade but why not make the ghost menu option simpler - ie ON or OFF? There are times when you simply don't want ghosts!

I wouldn't care so much except that PSP-performance is much better in free-play and time-trial and Im in it for the speed.

Ghosts can seem irritating and 'in' your field of view from time to time. Don't get me wrong - I think the Ghosts are cool, but I think the vast majority of players would like the option to have them completely on or completely off. It's a simple addition that could benefit European players etc.

if the ghosts are on, they should definitely still fade and have the exhaust dimmer as you get closer to them. i love racing against ghosts, but on the old games if you let them slip just a bit ahead of you, you can't see where you're going anymore. the Pure approach seems much better. but an off option would be good, too

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Quote Originally Posted by yawnstretch
    Ghosting is popular because it's the closest thing we have to racing against other zoners.
    What about xlink?

*wishes he had a wireless router around*

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

There are times when you simply don't want ghosts!
    Really?
    Don't get me wrong - I think the Ghosts are cool, but I think the vast majority of players would like the option to have them completely on or completely off. It's a simple addition that could benefit European players etc.
    well, on this I relunctantly agree

I would prefer it if ghosts were for a whole race like in wip3out, not just for your fastest lap. An option to choose between the two would be ideal. I prefer going for best race times rather than lap times, but the two can require different strategies in terms of turbo and barrel-roll use, and often you don`t really race against the best lap ghost when going for a good overall race time. Therefore I`d like whole-race ghosts to take on - that`s where I really start to feel like I`m racing. I don`t get that feeling in a one lap burnout. This is just personal preference though, obviously.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

in that case you better dust off your dexdrive! grin

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Ehm, anyone else had trouble downloading the gamma pack? I finally got java working (had trouble downloading/installing that too thanks to the wizard freezing multiple times) and got as far as a screen asking for my stick to be connected, though now it can't find my frigging PSP w/stick and sits idly doing nothing at that stage... Damn this sucks, i've had nothing but problems with transferring stuff to my stick :cry: maybe it's just because i'm thick

When the content was first released someone (can`t remember who) said that it worked if he played wipeout pure first, with the USB connected, then he went out of the game and into the USB mode, then downloaded.

It says this in the help bit on the site:

Note: If you are trying to obtain a download that is restricted for use with a certain game, you will need to have previously played the game that the download is for, using the Memory Stick Duo that you are intending to download the content onto.

For example, if you would like to download content for WipEout Pure to a Memory Stick Duo, you need to have played WipEout Pure while that Memory Stick Duo was in your PlayStation Portable.

maybe its referring to this process????? I`m only guessing here but in the absence of better ideas you might want to try that.

another idea, which I found on another forum is this:

If you're having any problems downloading from the website, you have to format your Memory Stick (Pro) Duo on your PSP. If you have any files on it, copy them over to a backup folder on your PC, then format it by going to System Settings and choosing Format Memory Stick. Then, transfer over any files that were on the Memory Stick and proceed with the website's instructions. It should work.

why you would need to remove your Pure saves, format the mem stick, copy Pure back and then DL....... I don`t know. But somebody somewhere thinks this works.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

It's really much simpler to obtain the files from unofficial channels as normal file downloads. I don't know why they had to make the official download site so complicated.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

is there an american downloadables release calendar?
    all I can find anywhere is the approximate japanese calendar from earlier in this thread:
    Code:
    Japanese download schedule
    gamma pack 1 - download now
    gamma pack 2 - available may 15
    delta pack1 - available june
    delta pack2 - available july
    classic pack1 - available august
    classic pack2 - available september
    classic pack3 - not yet decided
    classic pack4 - not yet decided
    if that's the case, and since we got gamma1 on may18th (officially) would it be a fair guess to say every month on about the 18th and the month after japan?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

I had read somewhere that new DLs would become available on the first of every month... I am probably wrong, though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

that would be nice, though! *checking purE site every hour*

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Northern_Raven

Assegai represent!

Meh... it seems that there is no new DL.