Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PSP suppliers, shipping, bundles, and warranties

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

MINority. Damn me. I don't seem to be able to concentrate at the moment. Which, in general, is true, but I do double check my postings before submitting them...

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

the liksang people do celebrate eastern. they will be back at work on tuesday, so check your status then.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cowboy
    hey concept, has you psp been dispatched yet? mine hasn't, im still waiting for the email.
    Damn easter!
    It does look like Easter has got in the way somehow. My Play-Asia account says the PSP/Pure is to be dispatched on or before March 29th, so it'll probably be next Monday now. Tronix and Lik-Sang haven't shipped either so all I can gather from that is the delay is down to Easter.

I think it's less likely to do with Play Asia, than it is to do with the shipping companies etc. who may have workforce on holiday in several areas more closer to home. Hence the reason they can't send stuff out.

my psp and pure was dispatched yesterday morning from Lik Sang, and is currently sat in CHEK LAP KOK until Easter is over... Damn I wished I'd ordered it a couple of days earlier...

I think I had a total of three dreams about wipEout last night, one of which included me putting the finishing touches to a wipEout website... </freak>

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

OFF TOPIC:
    Dude, put them in the 'Any Wipeout Dreams?' forums, in the 'Pilot's Lounge'!! And I thought I was the only freak!!!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Does anyone have any idea whats going to be on the my PSP site? If I bought one from Japan would I be missing out on anything?

You'd be missing out on a six month wait for one thing.

Just a little thing some of you might not know... the YANK psp (like mine) has the benefit of pre-installed firmware (v1.50) and a battery that last 30% longer than the JAP one PLUS! there's non of this 'SQUARE button as the start/main/fire button' business... get the US one, you won't be dissapointed AND the bestist movie will come to this model!!! - REMEMBER movies are region locked!

Really?!! That's the first I've heard about increased battery life. Are you sure about that?

YUP!!! I'll try and find a link to the story from EUROGAMER.com

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

More reason to get s Japanese PSP since its region 2 for movies as well in Japan land, I would have though that any PSP now on sale in Japan will have been corrected with regards to the square button

Another little question, the Japanese PSPs have ‘Sound’ and ‘Power’ written on in English right? Its not in Japanese writing is it

Yep all of the text in the japanese PSP is in english.

It seems that Japanese PSPs now come with v1.5 firmware pre-installed. At least mine did last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Assegai Developments
    any PSP now on sale in Japan will have been corrected with regards to the square button
    Nooooooo, I meant, in Japan, the CIRCLE button is their main go/fire/start kinda button, whereas ours in the X button innit

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Ooh.

Erm purist, what do you mean by the bestist movies? I thought the movies would be the same here.

I'm now torn where to get it from, usa or japan?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

You don’t mean the circle button is placed at the bottom where the x button should be? If its configuration it can be changed, surely

Sorry been a bit quiet, net connection was a bit goosed... anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius
    Ooh.

Erm purist, what do you mean by the bestist movies? I thought the movies would be the same here.

I'm now torn where to get it from, usa or japan?
    Mobius - by 'bestist', I mean who has the best?... uncut, earlier release, more extras... etc etc. not the UK that's for sure, the US that's who!!! - so, the same will apply to the movie umd's released here, they'll have to be BBFC certified, so therefore (depending on the movie) potentially cut... i.e. Matrix headbutt scenes, True Lies 'toilet fight' scene plus any sexual violence etc.

OK, sure, if your a HUGE manga fan then the best bet would be to opt for a JAP model, course, added into the bonus the JAP and UK and the rest of Europe are the same region (2). BUT, a buddy of mine bought Spidey 2 after seeing how gorgeous mine looked and all the menus are in JAP and this can't be changed... so the moral of the story is, if you like your manga and/or wanna just walk into a highstreet store and pick up a British umd movie, then until September, the JAP model is the one for you, if on the other hand you want your movies sooner, uncut and (future?) potentially extras then US is the way to go.

Hope that makes sense....

Enjoy... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...moviesUMDs.jpg :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Assegai Developments
    You don’t mean the circle button is placed at the bottom where the x button should be? If its configuration it can be changed, surely
    Assegai Developments - Noooo, no, no right, I'm sure someone can clear this up for me :roll: but it goes something like this, Japanese custom states that 'X' means bad luck/carmer or something and 'O' (circle) is good/pure (no pun intended) or something. Same goes for the number 9, nine is VERY bad luck in Japan I think :roll: So, we press X to go/fire/start, they press O, in certain games it can be changed but not in the menu's system and I think it's quite a pain/awkward to do. I LOVE my US psp :wink:

Then Metal Gear Acid must really bug you because it has the O button for the main action button (as do all of the Metal Gear games and FFVII if I remember correctly). Switching for X to O going from WO to MGA is no problem and similarly using O button as the main button in the PSP menus isn't really a problem. It's not something I'd really factor into the decision on which PSP to get.

Although, when it comes to movies I think I would agree with Purist if you were interested in UMD movies.

Otherwise, there really doesn't seem to be a difference so it should really come down to which is cheaper.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I think I could live with circle button for PSP menu, lol I've been playing bomberman on the PS1 for years so I have plenty of practice with it