Thread: Studio Liverpool : You are redeemed.

Default Studio Liverpool : You are redeemed.

Studio Liverpool,

As an avid basher of Fusion and a Wipeout fan since DAY 001 of the U.S. release (when I was merely 15 years old), I feel compelled to formally thank, in this forum, Studio Liverpool for the incredible gaming experience that is Wipeout Pure.

I live in Canada, and BAM!'s shaky release of Fusion here meant I had to take a quick trip across the border to Detroit , MI to buy it as soon as I possibly could. I had already read mixed reviews of the game and was concerned - but I believed the game was going to be great.

I still remember the sinking feeling I had when I first saw Fusion's front-end... it was like my first-born was being butchered in front of me (I take this crap seriously).

Fusion had it's moments, but it wasn't nearly the Wipeout's that were dear to my heart. I was convinced that this was the last Wipeout I'd ever see and I wasn't happy about it.

But the news of Pure came, and the Pure mantra seemed promising from my standpoint. So I aquired a PSP asap from Lik Sang and on March 18th, purchased Pure in Orlando Florida.

As quickly as I got that sinking feeling with Fusion, I was sent back to better days in my Feisar ship playing "Messij" on a loop w/a time trial. What a RELIEF. The guys at EB Games in the Florida Mall in Orlando are also impressed by the way

Liverpool,... I flat out hated you guys for Fusion. But you've shown you understand it this time. I am dazzled, impressed - humbled by this work. You've shown you love for this game and your respect for us. This game is absolutely astounding - be proud.

Thank-you.

Tye Roberts

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

*applause*

I feared Fusion would be the last Wipeout too. I thought it was going to be Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue and Jet Set Radio again.

i.e. a series that falters commercially and ends up cutting dead before its time.

If anything, although the videogame industry is as sequel-obsessed as it has always been, the critically acclaimed seem to be drying up and dying in terms of further entries.

It's good to see one of the first 'next-generation' ('95 onwards) series be reborn and successfully find its roots again.

Now all we need is Panzer Dragoon Saga II on the PSP and I can die happy.

Well although I haven't played it yet I do have something I want to add. I'm really amazed at the quality of the artwork/design in pure. I was really cheesed off that the designers republic weren't involved with fusion. I didn't think I would see another good looking wipeout without their involvement but looking at the various videos, screenshots, the menu system it looks like studio liverpool have seemed to have matched or even bettered previous games in the wipeout series, and all without any outside involvement (or none that I've heard of). Nice work.

this topic was totally hijacked by succeeding posts, and those posts have been moved to their own topic.

this post now constitutes a 'bump' for this happy topic which is worthy to stand on its own.

please continue with praise for the PSP development team.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, well, I could go on forever !!!!!! You definately have picked up the Wipeout series again, and I am very very very very very very very very, well, you know, happy!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Studio Liverpool, for giving my dreams back!! If nothing had come, however, I would be determined to get into graphic design and design a WIpeout myself, no matter how much work it would take!!!!! But you saved that from happening, which I'm cool with. As long as you can be Santa Clause again and make everyone happy. Thanx!!!! *BIG APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!*

Thanks Lance

I wanted to wait until I got my copy of the game before I posted to this thread. Now that I've had my chance, I just want to echo the sentiments of everyone else on the board. You guys have done an amazing job with this game. The tracks are unbelievable, the handling is wonderfully familiar and the graphics are jaw dropping. It takes no small measure of courage to bounce back from an outing like "Fusion" and put out something so incredibly. I sincerely hope that you guys are able to stop and enjoy the fruits of your labors for just a little while before getting back to the grind on whatever your next project is. Thank You Very Much Studio Liverpool, Sincerely!

-DD