Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The "I Got It" Thread

Spectrum, yess.

Well i was lucky there. Anyway apology accepted.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

spectrum? wow that's way cool. I tried to get my hands on one for quite some time, but I have given up. I do own an old pong game tho.

ahem, sorry, back on topic...

I was always more of a C64 man myself at the time.

System 3. Last Ninja.

Yes, please.

actually i do remember seeing the old pong game in our living room but i never played it so im guessing it wasnt our families seeing as i havent seen it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Concept
    I was always more of a C64 man myself at the time.

System 3. Last Ninja.

Yes, please.
    woah - I think I had that game - could you do summersaults and throw shurikens and move through a scrolling 2d level?

C64... hardcore

Last Ninja 1 and 2 were great. The second game featured some of the best use of the SID chip usage ever conceived., and was a fantastic action-adventure title in its own right.

You can find music and information about the games here: http://lastninja.lemon64.com/main.htm

There were plans for a current generation Last Ninja title on the Xbox years ago, but it's gone very quiet now, which probably isn't good news.

I love both the ZX Spectrum and C64... but the latter just had slightly more games that played to my favour,.

Ah - just remember that the game I was thinking of was called Ninja Commando... ah those were the days.

Makes you appreciate what loading times used to be about.

Certainly.

Although one of the benefits of the C64 was that it could play music during the loading. Last Ninja 2 sweetened the wait in particular with the Central Park/Sewer Loader tunes.

And then it promptly crashed.

Those were the days. I can't help but smile a little when I read of people complaining about Pure's loading times a while ago. Ten seconds is nothing.

Well the inland revenue wrote to say I`d been paying too much tax for four years. the amount was slightly more than the price of a new psp and pure - so what else was I to do?

I recommend Pure, and the PSP - both are lovely. I`m not going to say anything else because I think wipers who don`t have it will like it when they get it.... and they will enjoy finding out about it for themselves. :wink:

I bought it here: http://secure.sell247.com/svcdigital...sp?id=15915969

Not the bestest site to order from, but they do respond to email quickly. its a jap unit, value pack, ships from London so no taxes to UK/EU, delivery free in the UK, except a few remote postcodes. They also told me they would replace the unit if I had any dead pixels. However, it doesn`t say this on the site, they only told me in an email, so you should have all this confirmed for yourself if you want to buy from there. I don`t have any dead pixels anyway. For British people I think SVC is a bit more pricey than lik-sang/play-asia with taxes, but if your PSP is broken you don`t have as far to send it back and find out how good their warranty is. 8O

thanks lunar - it's always good to know where the best deals for europeans are as everyone keeps asking me where they should buy one when they see mine (and I don't know where the best deals are as I bought mine last year).