Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The PSP is flawed, and they're not fixing it. Thanks sony.

Default The PSP is flawed, and they're not fixing it. Thanks sony.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

No way! That's unbelievable, love this though:
    "I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."
    Now that takes guts to say lmao, arrogant twat :

I guess if you get a faulty one you have to just send it back to them (death thread included... obviously) But in all seriouslness, that really, really, reeeeeally blows :

8O That was quite an astounding reply, wasn`t it. "My machine is a work of art so p*$$ off the lot of you." Or words to that effect.

I`m sure the problem can`t be that bad..... you would like to think anyway.

some people are too insecure to admit a mistake or having not had the imagination to invent a way out of a difficulty. we just found another one of those people

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

That article pisses me off, who do Sony think they are?

"nor did I want its machine body to become any larger."

oh come on if it was just ever so slightly increased in size at both ends

: : :

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

This guy does indeed have serious problems.
    "This is something that we've created, and this is our specification. There was a clear purpose to it, and it wasn't a mistake", he says. OooooK, so the PURPOSE was to not make the button work properly, yes? God, this is the most silly case of misplaced arrogance I have heard of in a long while.

Ben

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

"This is something that we've created, and this is our specification"

Well here is a groundbreaking idea, why don't you shove it up your.......

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't think anyone would have complained if the whole square button had been placed a little more to the right, not just the sensor beneath it. but I guess that would have destroyed the 'beauty' :roll:
    IT'S A GAMING MACHINE GODDAMMIT! NOBODY CARES WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AS LONG AS IT SPORTS NICE GRAPHICS AND PLAYS WELL! Wake up Sony!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    IT'S A GAMING MACHINE GODDAMMIT! NOBODY CARES WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AS LONG AS IT SPORTS NICE GRAPHICS AND PLAYS WELL! Wake up Sony!
    Actually, people do care. The success of the Playstation is largely due to making the machine(s) a cool accessory of your living room. So there is good reason why Sony wants the PSP - something you (in theory) carry around everywhere, something similar to the I-Pod - to look as neat as possible.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

It really looks Good though!

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

It does! Although from a strictly personal perspective, I'd have to say I too prefer usability over design. ;) Which is why I am really disappointed of Sony reacting that way. That's very unprofessional behavior in my book.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

.. That's true. I totally agree!

For crying out loud, was Sony's purpose to make playing games difficult because of that button? it IS a button you know, and it IS equally important as D-pad for example. Just imagine playing games on a D-pad right directional button of which would be messed up. Can you? I sure can. So first of all, Kutaragi being ignorant about that issue just hurts my eyes when I read his statements. Maybe it wasn't their mistake (but then again - would they admit that it was a mistake looking back at similar incidents with PSX and PS2?). Maybe they planned it to be like this. But it turned out to be a mistake. And tell me - who is right? The ones who paid an awful lot of money for the system that is designed to cause problems, or the guy who says that all these people must cope with it, even though that he could improve the system? Kutaragi's statement makes me angry. Is it that difficult to add these extra few milimeters of material so it all would fit like it should? I'm not talking about shrinking the screen, i'm talking about adding a few more extra milimeteres to the board. Of course I might be wrong, becouse I'm not an architect of this system, so it's easy to point that out to me. But then again, I'd tell those designers to invent something since I'm not for that kind of work.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

that is just stupid - i was sriously considering buying a psp on launch day - via preorder coz i dont think skipping school for a psp is that good an idea - or waiting all thursday night either...

anyway the price problem and the [] button flaw has really tainted this - i'm gonan wait and see what happens...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

What Kutaragi has come out with there is ignorance at its highest level. It doesn't matter if it looks like the best thing ever to grace this planet, the fact of the matter is you should tinker the design to incorporate functionality, NEVER the other way round. It wouldn't look any worse to me if it was slightly wider, as long as it works like its supposed to. Perhaps it's being blown out of proportion a little, after all, we haven't all had first hand experience of this, but he'll be crucified for those comments if it does prove a fatal flaw.

Seeing as there is just as much space on the other side of the screen, can I take it it's the same case with the d-pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire
    Seeing as there is just as much space on the other side of the screen, can I take it it's the same case with the d-pad?
    apparently so:

http://nfg.2y.net/games/PSP/

as you say, though, maybe its blown out of proportion a little. Let`s hope so.

The guy writing the article above doesn`t seem to think that the square button is an issue.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

oh dear, I didn't realise you had to touch the UMD like that to get it out the box, I'm not impressed by that at all, what a bunch of clowns sony are

Also, I believe that the D-Pad having problems is a bigger issue than the square button!!! I’d still be happy with a dodgy square button since I don’t use it a lot in any game but not the D-Pad, how are you supposed to tightly turn that corner if it’s unresponsive

PSP Attractiveness meter – Last month 10/10 Now 5.5/10

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Assegai Developments
    PSP Attractiveness meter – Last month 10/10 Now 5.5/10
    Still 8/10 here. Those issues could be just the usual nitpicking at the release of anything new. I do agree, though, that the D-Pad is the bigger problem. I guess I'll have to stick some paper between the pad and the screen so it won't have a chance to slide from left to right. ;)

Ben

EDT: I really have to concentrate while I'm typing anything.

EDT?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

G'Kyl : Concentrate OBVIOUSLY!!! :mrgreen: LOL!!!