Thread: Modding/adding to Pure

Default Modding/adding to Pure

With track downloadables and etc, will it be possible to develop mods/tracks/ships of your own with talented programmers and artists? I would think Sony are being pretty strict on not letting amateur developers onto the PSP, but if someone has read anything about this please enlighten me

Also, I reckon PSP kits will be a bit easier to come by 8months or so from now, does anyone know the licensing issues/prices of these? I might be able to convince the university to get ahold of it.

( oh, and hi lance, thruster, infox and everyone, its been busy months over here hehe ).

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Who the hell are... oh... that Wamdue.

Didn't he get shot or something?

oh...no...no... I think that was just in CounterStrike.

It would be pretty cool if Sony were to allow Pure to have a user mod community.

*Crosses fingers and hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated
    Who the hell are... oh... that Wamdue.

Didn't he get shot or something?

oh...no...no... I think that was just in CounterStrike.
    lol yeah its been a while Had lots to do at the uni combined with the retail release of world of warcraft.

Btw, had a go with a import PSP this week, Im getting one ASAP

hey salt when i get a few mins ill find the stuff in the thread but colin said all the models were made in maya and there would not be an editor avaliable because it would take months to create something they were happy with

I'm hoping for if the game does feel too slow on regular race mode, that we will get a new set of faster ships, but let's wait and see how it runs. I have this bad feeling that it will feel slower than even wipeout 3, but I'll reserve judgement until I play it.

my god, it's the Disappearing Ghost of Helsingborg Castle! hi Wam!

hahaha Hi lance

I wasnt really hoping for an editor, but a means to mod it. Ive become quite good in maya so thats no problem.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I imagine that, if someone figures out how the game recognizes and interprets downloaded content, it would be possible to have user-created content. That could be a big if though.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

hey wammie, long time no see
    So whats the deal with wanting to edit the downloads anyway... are you trying to say it's not good enough already?

Quote Originally Posted by jospicy
    colin said all the models were made in maya and there would not be an editor avaliable because it would take months to create something they were happy with
    Well that is kind of a shame, but I'll still hold out hope that something might show up down the road. But since they are going to give us 6 months worth of "factory mod" content, it is not like I'm complaining

Hehe long time no see indeed thruster

I really hope the PSP tunneling works out so we can all play eachother via the internet. If you guys got headsets I got a ventrilo server where I could make a wipeoutzone channel where we could all hang out and talk while playing

My main reason for wanting to mod it is to make it my final project here at the uni, starting next xmas we will make our examination projects. I wouldnt mind putting togheter a team of programmers and artists and make an expansion of wipeout pure or a mod

yup wamdue if its poss then count me in