Thread: Off topic: Will the PSP be a wireless PS3 joypad?

Default Off topic: Will the PSP be a wireless PS3 joypad?

Wireless controllers use IR. The PSP has an IR port (which it doesnt need for anything as it has powerful WIFI).

Wifi is apparently heavy on the juice, but IR wouldn't be.

Thoughts?

Edit: I've heard that IR wireless joypads arent that good though... What could the infrared be for then..?

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

?
    dont know.

I have bought a wireless ps2 pad and to be honest it is terrible. the batteries make it too heavy, and (like most IR stuff) if you dont get perfect line-of-sight with the receiver the connection is lost.

Perhaps it is one of the personal media device thingies where it can beam images and files through IR to printers, pocket PCs and other PSP.
    Basically its a gimmick. :cry:

Never used a wireless controller and don't plan on it. But let me ask you something, if you had the option to choose between the official (included in the package) wire controller or the PSP, which would you use? One scary scenario in the case of someone easily getting mad over a game : Plays a game. Gets mad at the game with a PSP in hand. Throws PSP down in frustration. Realizes it was a PSP. Goes berzerk. Fin.

(Of course, one would get mad playing a PSP game, but actually knows it's a handheld, but that could work either way.)

Not saying I ever get mad (except with Fusion and only Fusion). Just, I would never let anyone handle my PSP as a controller, plus battery life would be a drain.

While it might be possible, I am not sure why you would want to. A real PS3 controller would most likely have analog buttons, L2 & R2 shoulder buttons, an analog D-Pad and twin analog sticks. All of which the PSP lacks.

Sony did say there would be communication between the PS3 and the PSP but no one knows what that means or would be used for yet.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I'm guessing it means that you can use the funneling network with the PS3. Not only that, but you probably could also use it for playing the game by itself (on a larger screen rather than just your PSP). And I wouldn't want a joypad either, it wouldn't have the same effect on me. And I don't think many people use it, do they? So why would they bother making something like that for the PSP?