Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Pure Japanese Website!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

Thanks Chill. I'd really like to see customizable ships too.
    This would be a great playground for pilots and graphic designers (many of them seem to haunt the Zone).
    What i'd like too see is also the possibility to choose weather condition or daytime but i don’t know if it’s planned (remember Mega Mall at night in 2p mode in WO3).

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

(off topic)
    What keys did you press to get the correct X for qirex? like alt+0134 or smthn...
    Very smart!

(back on topic)
    The Triakis could have done with looking a bit more like a trident. To me it just looks confused. To use a technical term, it needs more pointy.

And whats up with the different writing on the harimau?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

By the way, which trailer are you talking of, BenjaminBirdie ?
    Don’t remember seeing something like MegaMall. Is it the dark track with rows of advertising everywhere ? I’d call it Mega Pinball… If Mega Mall is back, i’d like to see the spiral but even more impressive : what i've had in mind for a long time is lots of turbos before it and then the track following the walls of the cylinder almost 90° of inclination, just like throwing a marble in a pipe. This would be a great time !

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

eeeurgh! The Qirex looks terrible 8O The piranha looks awesome though and so does the Harimou, looks like i'm converting to those two for pure :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster2097
    (off topic)
    What keys did you press to get the correct X for qirex? like alt+0134 or smthn...
    Very smart!

(back on topic)
    The Triakis could have done with looking a bit more like a trident. To me it just looks confused. To use a technical term, it needs more pointy.

And whats up with the different writing on the harimau?
    I had to cut'n'paste from word, you type 0416 then alt+x and it converts it to the cyrillic Ж or 'zhe' if you write it in the latin alphabet, same with the lambda which is 03bb then alt+x to convert to a lovely λ, again cut'n'paste, I dunno how to enter it on a message board since alt+x doesn't work.

P.S. if you go to insert->symbol in MSWord it has pretty much any unicode symbol you could want.

Back on topic again, I agree with the Triakis, it could have been a full blown trimaran, only connected by a spar about 7/8ths of the way back, that would be pretty nang. Oh well it's a nice enough ship, just not different enough from the Auricom to be unique, but I guess it's hard coming up with unique designs for 12 teams (counting the extras)

I like 'em all! The QIREЖ looks really nice. And so does Assegai (my favorite team in wo3)

However, the although the colours on the website may look 'pale' or watercolour-like, it seems that they're just bad screenshots. All the ingame footage has bright, vibrant colours for the craft.

[edit: and who can forget the classic Feisar? ]

[some more OT]

Windows users can go:

start >> programs >> accessories >> system tools >> character map.

It'll let you paste any symbol directly into the clipboard, and tell you the correct
    key combination.

Quote Originally Posted by tapioca
    By the way, which trailer are you talking of, BenjaminBirdie ?
    Don’t remember seeing something like MegaMall. Is it the dark track with rows of advertising everywhere ? I’d call it Mega Pinball… If Mega Mall is back, i’d like to see the spiral but even more impressive : what i've had in mind for a long time is lots of turbos before it and then the track following the walls of the cylinder almost 90° of inclination, just like throwing a marble in a pipe. This would be a great time !
    There was a bit of green track surROUNDed by all types of crazy neon signs in one of the early trailers, I believe. I dunno, the glitz reminds me of Mega Mall, not necessarily anything track related.

the Qirex looks decidedly non-brickish. the good part is that it looks evil, and wickedly fast. like it would cut out the hearts of its competitors without a second thought. if only it were really going to be fast. should be second only to Piranha, as in WO2

Assegai looks damn' fine.

Piranha looks a bit more bulbous than strictly necessary, but it's closer to Icaras than any of the others. and that is a good thing IMO

Auricom radically improved over the ugly clunk in fusion

Triakis too much like new Auricom

Feisar, pretty slick

Harimau, interesting

AG-S loooking gooood

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Hmmmmm, didn't see them until just recently. The Piranha went waaaayyy to far with the fishy look. It almost looks just like a sideways fish!!! : Sorry to all the Piranha fans. :wink: My favorite design in looks would just have to be the Auricom, even though Assegai was always my all-time best craft. We'll just have to see how I think when a actually get to play my game (mabye in another life)lol.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I love this japanese site, but I think the question for all english speaking WipErs is: When will www.wipeoutpure.com have the translated site?

I reckon the .com site will be the global site for updates downloads etc... the jap site is a sony site to promote the game... which makes sense for them to host all this graphics... eventually they'll put a link to the .com site...

AG-Systems: Definetly best in show. I just love this design and how they seperated the thing into an "engine pod" and a "pilot pod" without making it look clunky and dorky.

Auricom: Not bad. It's actually more recognizable as an Auricom craft than the F-9000 ship. However, I think the fuselage could have been designed a little better.

Feisar: Tied with AG-Systems for sheer style in my book and has almost instantly become one of my favorite AG ships out of all that appeared in the Wipeout series.

Harimau: Looking pretty good, but not quite as good as AG-Systems or Feisar. However I do dig the color scheme!

Pirhana: Worst in show. Seriously, it looks like a shoe with a Tigeron engine blended to the back end.

Quirex: A very spiffy departure from the one AG-team that never seemed to change a whole lot throughout the Wipeout games. I had grown fond of the brick, so this one will take some getting used to. Nevertheless, I like it.

Triakis: *shrugs* The color scheme and the sharp, angular, uninspired shape of this ship gets the most neutral of neutral opinions from me. I don't hate it. I just really don't care about it.

Assegai: Nothing really stands out with this design. I liked the F-7200 Assegai better, but this one is good too.

My favorites in rank

1st AG-Systems
    2nd Feisar
    3rd Harimau
    4th Quirex
    5th Auricom
    6th Assegai
    7th Triakis
    8th Pirhana

I don't know if this should be asked in this thread, but I didn't feel like making a new one.
    According to www.ebgames.com Wipeout Pure was suppose to be shipped today in the US, no?

you don't need to make a new topic for this question; you can ask in the 'questions i want answered' thread in the PSP section

Urgh... Pure is so good, but the ship design is really really BAD! T_T
    There's no one ship good looking... and also, the shadow sistem make them even more bad ;_;
    They're OLD designed, un-stylish and too SMOOTH!
    Too many ship with "2 arms", and the color scheme is...

i'm really sad... :cry:
    i think Ossegoi, Piranha and AGsystem are the worst wipeout-ship design ever.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'm afraid you won't find many people agreeing here...

I, for one, think those are some of the greatest ship designs ever!

[no offense...]

i know i know, i've read the previous pages...
    ;___;

really bad, i'm so sad...
    WHO is the designer?
    WHY they don't give us back the TDR?

edit by Lance: Quotation eliminated[/b]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't know why they couldn't get TDR to do it. Back in the days when I first read about Pure I was praying for TDR to do it, but now it seem StudioLiverpool has pulled off the trick just as well, so I don't mind THAT much. Still would have been nice though, just for the feel of it

i think i'll pass Pure... :cry: