Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passwords

Default Passwords

Is there any way to unlock the extra tracks, say with passwords or some such?

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Erm yeah - i don't know what others would think about me posting them but infox or another moderator could remove these if need be.

While in the main menu, hold down L1, R1 and Select Then enter the codes below to access certain goodies...

Piranha Ship - Press X X X X O Triangle Square
    Phantom Class Also unlocks the 2 extra tracks if i remeber right - Press Triangle Triangle Triangle O O O

Cool. Thanks, Can't see the problem in having these, it's not like it's illegal or anything. They were programmed into the game, anyway.

Having just opened Arcade Challenge 1 I just know I'll never complete the challenge, so these will help.

these cheats have been posted in many places on the internet, the only ones that really matter are the ones that change your racetimes, such as unlimited hyperthrust, unlimited shields, unlimited weapons, etc. these are strictly illegal for any times posted in our records tables. the ones that give you additional tracks and ships do not affect your racetimes, so who cares about those?

Well, really you should still try and beat the game if you can - have you tried challenge 1? If you've beaten Odessa Keys on rapier that's the hardest part of the game, it gets easier from there on out, the challenge is just a repeat of what you've already done, the first four tracks are dead easy on any speed. Also if you cheat to get the Piranha then you'll quickly find you can't handle the speed, that's why I reloaded my game after using the cheat I just couldn't see the point using a ship that was too fast for me back then.

I'm not really interested in the Piranha as I know I couldn't handle the speed. I am trying Callenge 1, I can win on the first two tracks easily but the third is still a lottery and the fourth not a chance, so I'm nearly there.

It just annoys me that you can't practice the tracks indefinetly. The time trials are limited to 2 laps. I'm just anxious to see as much of 2097 as I can, before GT4 comes out and I still haven't even started Wip3out 3SE yet.

Well I did it last night. Challenge one completed! Wasn't too bad in the end. Track two and three being the hardest. The last two were quite easy. It's amazing how much you improve without noticing.

I presume the final craft is unlocked by winning these two final track, or just another challenge?

Still thanks for the encouragement. Never even entered those codes after all!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Lee
    Track two and three being the hardest.
    Congrats. Just one more challenge and you got the Piranha license. :) But tell me you didn't find track 2 (Sagar-Martha, winter, snow) more difficult than track 4. ;-) [/senseless nitpicking mode]

Still thanks for the encouragement. Never even entered those codes after all!
    Just something about cheats in general: I always found the mixture of exhaustion and satisfaction after beating difficult games so much more rewarding that I usually don't touch codes. And since every game can be beaten with some practice, there really is no need to not take away the joy from legally finishing at least the good ones. :)

Ben

when i wanted to use a new memory card strictly for XL Piranha whilst leaving my Qirex times untouched, i used the cheats on the new card, you betcha!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Oh, of course, I do use cheats when I play games not for the first time. But I thought this was strictly about beating a game in the first place. :)

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I just want to check something here. The chaingiun weapon on 2097 can only be obtained by entering a cheat code, right? There is no way you can unlock it fairly is there?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

No
    absolutely no way to obtain it fairly

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

shame I like it, would be good if you got chain gun pick ups that gave you short bursts, it's a bit to powerful though and it drags your ships nose down

i don't think i've ever seen the chaingun; what is the code to get it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Sorry Lance don't have the code in my mind, i will do a search if nobody give it to you :wink:

thanks, but i could search for it myself; i was just being lazy. ops:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

and i do my answer to be polite....LMAO
    off topic i am a bit lazy too :

:

I know the cheat code for that "chain gun" (machine gun).
    I use it all the time for fun...
    Pause game in middle of race: Hold L1+R1+Select; press square O X square O X triangle. Release L1 R1 and select and unpause game
    Watch for green flash
    If you see it you have gotten the code right.

i'll try that. thanks.