Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Wip3out moment?

Default Greatest Wip3out moment?

I fired this topic up on another site ; but I got no replies , except one to go here . So here I am. I know Fusion has taken precedence over this (not that i've gotten to try it) but I'll ask this anyway. Post in those moments which made you punch the air with glee, or those that made you sing out the words to "Firestarter" : (yes I know thats on the Wipeout 2097/XL soundtrack) whilst screaming down a straightway. One of my favs is in Eliminator mode, when you launch off about 5 Quake Disruptors in a row, and watch all these ships in front of you blow up at once. : Nice.

Any moments like that have usually come up against another person when I first started playing. One of the most satisfying things I've experienced is taking a friend out with a perfectly aimed rocket in the home stretch of the final lap. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who lives close by that plays anymore, so any time that I play it's just to beat my own personal times. ::Insert shameless and blatant promotion of the DexDrive here::
    As for WO Fusion, you wont find too many people who think that WoF takes presidence over 3. This community very rarely speaks of that game anymore... welcome to the forums BTW

Thanks for the welcome. Wow, so Wip3out still reigns? Why, was it because Fusion was bad or sumthing? I know The Designers Republic didn't work on Fusion, the way they worked on 2097 and Wip3out. Would that have anything to factor as well?

Fusion isn't highly regarded by the hardcore. but no tDR participation is not the reason. it's just that the game has at least one serious bug, and a bunch of less than ideal choices were made in game physics, track design, and records-keeping

btw, howdy

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Greatest wip3out moment for me was way back when I first got the game, had a two player game against a friend, sampa run in venom. Basically it was all going well, I was winning by a fair amount coming out of the last curve until I noticed that I had not enough energy to boost while my friend had full shield energy. Sure enough, as expected he thrashed the hyerthrust only to lose by a tenth of a second Good moment :

Ah, mine was to pick up a plasma bolt, call it a plasma rifle, and nail that craft in front of me with it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

My greatest WO3 moments...hmm, well, probably my first perfect lap at P-mar, eliminating 3 people in a regular race with Plasma Bolts, and the first time I was able to hotlap without using any airbrake (How in the world do you do that with an Icaras?!?!?)

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Honestly, there are to many great WO3 moments I have had to remember, or should I say, the whole game is one big great moment for me?

PSN ID
    o_fluff

When I first played the demo - has to be

Timezone
    GMT + 2

When I bought Wip3out - everything's been roses since then

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius
    When I first played the demo - has to be
    Getting the demo disc ut of the Official UK Playstation Magazine when it was still a decent read and realising that this is the future of gaming and racing, and that the future wasn't going to be as dark or as grim as a weekend trip to Coventry as predicted by BladeRunner or ITV News. Now Im not so sure, but that's still something I remember.

When you completed a race in the demo it would give you a cheat, thought that was odd considering the game hadn't come out then.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Default my best wo3 moment

my best moment was when i was in a race against a friend and i fell off the track, when the little crane-copter put me back on the track i landed directly on my mates ship.
    somehow they got locked togeather and he was destroyed and i flew out of the game and was put on the track again and won!!

lol
    classic!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

some of my greatest wo"moments, along with a couple of stins, can you see (=download) on the Scottish repport thread for about 7 more days.
    I'm especially fond of the tr_cheeky race!

btw a cool thing happened some days ago.
    I was racing on the 4th prototype and on the last S before the sraight I accidentaly was on my way into the pitlane
    so I turned hard right and hit the nose hard on the 'divider' of the track and pitlane, or the right wall
    of the entrance to the pitlane. So I made it back to the straight (anybody got this???!! 8O)
    anyway ALL the way along the pitlane the cam was stuck in the 'pitlaneview' so I saw
    my ship from an almost 90ยค angle from the inside of the pit!
    Hoe cool was that?

was this in 3SE or standard?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Actually I don't remember
    I've been playing both a lot lately checking and trying stuff for that modify thread on the SE forum ..
    But I guess the cam wasn't changed from 3 to SE :roll:

My favorite wipeout moment was in Wipeout 64, and I shot up 4 planes with my feisars machine gun, destroyed 2, 1 crashed into a wall and was eliminated, and the other one tore backwards.

Man, I used to go nuts when I saw that little orange sign come up in that weapon box :

well, yeah, that's great, but what's your ''Greatest Wip3out moment'' [Wipeout 3] as it says in the title of this thread?
    i had several, the first of which was in my first ever Wipeout run on any version, when i sat on the starting grid at Porto Kora and heard the unique sounds of Wipeout while looking ahead to see all the ships floating above the track, and later as i raced, feeling and hearing the completely convincing scrape of the ship against a curve, and experiencing the quiet in the cockpit of an anti-grav racing machine. totally different experiences to anything i'd had before. those were the first, but there were several others involving first wins and records and Phantom speed

my bad

I haven't played Wipeout 3... do you reccomend it?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

the consensus round here seems to be that we'd recommend pretty much all but fusion
    personally I prefer the style they went for in 2097, but the presentation was generally better in 3 (mainly due to higher res textures and evolution of the game engine)
    I have wipeout, 2097, wip3out (SE) and pure, they all get played regularly for various reasons.