Thread: hmm...

Default hmm...

i just realized something, they are saying that there are gonna be downloads for wipEout purE right? they said like levels and crafts and stuff like that, right? so do you think there is a chance of creating xcustom content? maybe an official level editor/creator, or maybe we can import custom 3D models of crafts?

anyone else think that would be a cool idea?
    i'd love it if i had a chance to create my own level, or change that Piranha to look just a little cooler

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

I wish we could at least edit predefined tracks in order to customize their shape.
    Something like getting the mesh that represents the track in a 3D editor (e.g. Blender) and modify some parts of a circuit.
    There could be a tutorial with an oval track that you can easily modify to make the turns tighter or the track wider.

Meh, I'm just daydreaming.

I agree - it would be awesome. Im pretty good with MAX but Im only starting Maya (after what Colin said about it being the software they've used). Hopefully the downloads will have the ships as seperate files so someone can hack them up and figure out how we make our own.

Should be supported really - why shouldn't we be able to stick in our own 3d models? Once we know every parameter (or copy the existing figures for speed aerodynamics etc) it would truly be worth puttng the time into making one's own vehicle.

I still think it's unlikely though- we've never seen anything like this in any other game ever and there are bound to be complications, but who knows - maybe with a 'limitations' tutorial we could be told what can and can't be thrown into the game as a model.

- or maybe Im talking total crap :roll:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by yawnstretch
    I still think it's unlikely though- we've never seen anything like this in any other game ever
    Oh, but what there are a lot of customizable games. Granted, most of them are 3D-Shooters, but what about games like P.O.D., where people could build new tracks and cars? It still is unlikely we will get this sort of mod community with Pure, but it is certainly possible in general.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Doing mods for games is quite normal stuff for PC games but, as you say, it's almost unseen in consoles (appart from a little bunch of games that have had track or level editors).

This article makes for an interesting read.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02..._game_hackers/

To the people who are in charge of making such decissions (if they ever read this): you should follow the example of Tenchu 2. The weakest in the series regarding gameplay is probably the one users have played the longest because they could share levels made with the ingame editor through the Internet with dexdrives.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

EnrealEd is a personal learning version of the maya program studio liverpool used.

But im betting the the tracks aren't in ut2 format.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by xEik
    To the people who are in charge of making such decissions (if they ever read this): you should follow the example of Tenchu 2. The weakest in the series regarding gameplay is probably the one users have played the longest because they could share levels made with the ingame editor through the Internet with dexdrives.
    Man! I completely forgot I got a whole mem'ry card with levels I made!!!? 8O
    have 2 find site have 2 find site
    although they are ntsc.
    and i dont agree it's the weakest part (probly coz I played 2 before 1) >> much better steering.

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Well, I played 1, 2 and 3 in order and although 2 had many good points and improvements, several things made it a bit unplayable, e.g. enemies that disappear for no reason and reappear later (I wouldn't mind that if it only happened with enemy ninjas but I don't think disappearing is a skill the normal samurai has).
    The grapling hook, although being more realistic, was quite bad to play with and one could fall numerous times from the edge of a cliff.

But I digress, in case you want to find the site, last time I checked it was at www.tenchu.de I suppose the site and the user-made levels for download are still there.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yep! they are! (^_______^)

btw I do intend to better my times in the wo3pal tables >> i see there a 3rd place you took from me
    and I also read you were busy studying .. I think .. and that's perfectly ok with me!

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I think Tenchu looks pretty cool! But about customizing crafts and tracks, I thought of this many times, along with sharing tracks with others via online. You could add fog, rain, and many other elements. It would be really nice! :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by zargz
    and I also read you were busy studying
    I've been working for about a year, since I finished my studies.
    But this leaves me with even less time than studying.
    BTW, working sucks, studying rocks. _on

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

as i tell my kidbro (17years) and every person under 18
    but they dont belive me till they get there>>work! hehe

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I believe you. I'll have to work while going to college! 8O Mabye going to college to become a game designer, who knows? :wink:

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I don't think anything official will come up regarding user created content, but I think it will end up being possible in some fasion.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

well I wouldnt bet my last credit on that
    in wo4 or 5 perhaps and probly an ingame customisation >> design your own logo and put on the side of your craft or
    change the existing colors of your craft keeping the same patern - much like in the Armored Core series (great one as well!)
    and that's my guess ..
    which ofcurce would be totally OK with me.
    I also think that making your own ship design and so on is a bit too far?
    *dodging / hiding

yo as i have said before somewhare i'm only 16 and studyin 3 advanced subjects plus a higher subject at school( ) buy i got in to lightwave and studio max plus have 2 or 3 years experience with macromedia software and unreal ed\valve hammer (and it's equivelants) so can see the future of modding qiute easitly developed however most console modding would still have to be done on the PC platform. as i can't see any of the coonsoles planned for the near future will have an environment as good as Linux (sorry guys i'm kinda against windows after it destryed all my course work unrecoverably) but then even the x-box doesn't yet have a vary develpoable environment i can see a wait for that but it's definatly possible to make mod programmes that will save the data in a readable format (this is where the addition of the memory stick is very handy)
    aaahhhh mini rant over that is probably all but hey i think i just failed my physice exam : uns head