Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A quick start?

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I don't really see a reason to make the boost start hard to pull off, if you don't get it right, you're just going to restart anyway and pull it off next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension
    I don't really see a reason to make the boost start hard to pull off, if you don't get it right, you're just going to restart anyway and pull it off next time!
    for tables warfare: agreed. You just learn the loop of button presses to restart. how many times have I done this at Sagarmatha in 2097? : . One disadvantage of a neg: you don`t feel the rumble to tell you when the engine is ready to roar.

IMHO A turbo start should be fairly simple for experienced racers, but missable under extreme pressure in multiplayer/high pressure situations: a bit like field goals in Madden.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

agree! I hope it works like in real life when on the grid racers waiting but no one knows for how long
    coz the light's are turned of with an interval ranging between about 3-5 sec and it's randomly choosed! 8O
    Imagine that wait in a 8 multiplayer game!

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Quote Originally Posted by zargz
    Imagine that wait in a 8 multiplayer game!
    scary.

Well there's a few Negs for sale at the mo:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Managed to get the boost last night, doesn't seem too hard, but time will tell. Finally got to the fourth track in the championship though. Didn't play it much but seems like a great track.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Korodera! Gotta love it --> my favorite in wo1 and perhaps in all wipEouts! :mrgreen:

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I faintly remember (when I had Wipeout), that Korodera (or whatever you call it) was my favorite also. I also remembered that starting out with a boost wasn't to hard either (and I'm only remembering here). If Korodera was the one with orange skies and had much air pollution in process, then that was the one. To bad I don't own Wipeout anymore. :cry:

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

from what I remember of W'O" i hated that track (if that's the one in the industrial city, all polluted and that), lots of sharp, annoying corners and funny placed boost pads if I remember rightly While I couldn't win (ever, best I got was third) at silverstream, that was one of my favourites, the second track was really good too

my copy of WO1 on the PC only worked for about 3 weeks, but i recall that Korodera was my favourite. er... that is if Korodera was the one that has that downhill zigzag that you drive down like it was a slalom on a ski slope and at the bottom you turned left, then straightened out and went over a jump, and still continued going down some more. that whole thing was a nifty section that felt very real. i think you approached the top of the downhill esses by turning right out of a long straight tunnel. very cool track. i think it was the second track in the game right after Altima VII, but i'm not sure at all

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

then, dimension and lance, you are very lucky coz as far as I remember it's Terramax ->> 2nd track with the zigzag
    http://www.gamewinners.com/Multi/WipeoutSol.htm
    that is gonna be on pures classic league along with another favorite of mine ->> sagarmatha!

and Dimension!! you should be ashamed of your self :
    if you clame to be a Qirex racer then you should Love Korodera coz it's in Mother Russia!!! :

PSN ID
    o_fluff

i liked korodera - it was the moody rollercoaster - but it was friggin hard

i was thinking thatTerramax was sorta semi-deserty in places but not nearly as much of a desert as Arridos [dry dry dry. sand and rocks everywhere, sunny]. as i said, it only worked for 3 weeks and that was a long time ago. was Korodera the one that had a long um... right curve that ended in a jump where you land right on a split track?

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

yeah, thanks to zargz's oh so pleasant description, I can attest that I do indeed hate the feisar eating corners off korodera, I remember always doing the daft thing and launching a boost off the massive jump at Korodera:
    *fwoosh!* MEGA WEEEEEEEE! *feisar lands nose first on track wall after a fifteen second flight while the pack pass you pulling faces from their cockpits*
    annoyed the hell out of me that did, (though it was fun) but I also remember this short straight with 3 turbo pads somewhere on it and a corner at the end that tightens like a duck's arse so trying to take it ends in you subsequently imbedding your ship 5 feet through the nearest wall. It was just full of crap corners like that, I even took to time trialing to learn the course and still sucked on that track! Korodera: mega ev0l! :

was Korodera the one that had a long um... right curve that ended in a jump where you land right on a split track?
    sounds like the one, korodera was the track the was a constant brown colour,

silverstream is the track were you need a quick start the most, or at least not to stall your craft at the start

Quote Originally Posted by piranha wiper
    was Korodera the one that had a long um... right curve that ended in a jump where you land right on a split track?
    sounds like the one, korodera was the track the was a constant brown colour,

silverstream is the track were you need a quick start the most, or at least not to stall your craft at the start
    Come to think of it, it might as well be the 'canyon' track [Arridos IV] where you took a big one and landed right on a split of a track (or I haven't been eating magnesium for a loooong time thus my memory may suck ass big time). As far as I can remember (closing my eyes, visualising me flying Korodera>internal view.........okay, i remember!) you could take a really big jump at Koroderra (duh!), before the jump there was this very long tunnel, that was going slightly right and upward, then there was the jump itself, you flew between two power plant chimneys, you landed on a strip of a track turning left, the track narrowed itself, there were a lot of speed pads, but no track split, right turn, and some short tunnels, and a final stretch (i think). The vision is over, I'm off to track down some murder victims with my psychic powers....

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by piranha wiper
    odd that you would mention that, that was the only way I ever got into a qualifying slot and won the Venom league, interesting what you remember when someone mentions these things

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

PW: Hmmm, I finished Silverstream twice today and a quick start is not what you need in WipEout. If you manage to fly one perfect lap, you will almost certainly find yourself among the top three, quick start or not. After that keeping up a decent race saves you that gold medal. :)

Shem: Yep, what you describe is definitely Korodera. I loved that track the minute I started flying there. I don't know exactely why. Maybe it's because it's long, maybe it's because it's Russian (Qirex! :) ), or maybe it's got to do with several sequences of turns which challenge you but still let you pass through without losing any speed. Or maybe it is something completely different - or all of the above. ;) The only thing that could have been better about Korodera is the wuss wagon at the big jump. Speeding up the ramp and boosting your way into the sky - well, take a book with you, you're gonna need it.

zargz: Sag is going to be in Pure? If so, I wish they had chosen another one instead, because 3SE already had an updated version of the track, and I feel that at one point enough would have been enough. It's one of my favourites, too, but then there are five games with courses to make a potential reappearance.

Ben

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

zargz wrote:
    that is gonna be on pures classic league along with another favorite of mine ->> sagarmatha!
    --
    Wow! Pure has a classic league?!! I can't wait until that game and the PSP come out! : If I get good enough, I'm afraid I'll become addicted to beating everyone!
    Oh, and silverstream wasn't to hard for me either. Just takes much practice. :wink:

gkyl wrote

PW: Hmmm, I finished Silverstream twice today and a quick start is not what you need in WipEout. If you manage to fly one perfect lap, you will almost certainly find yourself among the top three, quick start or not. After that keeping up a decent race saves you that gold medal.
    i think i have put this the wrong way, i meant you dont HAVE to have one to become in the top 3, but it does help.. alot

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    my copy of WO1 on the PC only worked for about 3 weeks, but i recall that Korodera was my favourite. er... that is if Korodera was the one that has that downhill zigzag that you drive down like it was a slalom on a ski slope and at the bottom you turned left, then straightened out and went over a jump, and still continued going down some more. that whole thing was a nifty section that felt very real. i think you approached the top of the downhill esses by turning right out of a long straight tunnel. very cool track. i think it was the second track in the game right after Altima VII, but i'm not sure at all
    Think that's actually the second track "Karbonis". I have a vid of it if you want.