Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A quick start?

Default A quick start?

Is there a way to get a boost from the starting line? I have a vague memory of there being someway to get off the block fast by pressing the excelerator at a particular point in the countdown, but was that just in the later games?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

a millisecond after the yellow light (one)! not a hundred of a sec but milli!!!

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Cool, I'll be trying that tonight.

there are another 2 ways to do it,

1. wait until the anouncer says "1" and then hit the X button and it should get to the right place, but this is hard

2. find the "sweet spot" where the thrust bar has to be so u can get a turbo, its hard to do and maintain it in the near area so it is there for you when the race starts,

once you know exactly where it is, youre sorted, and i think the position changes slightly between venom and rapier, might need conformation for it though :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

The thrust bar needs to be at the same level for both Vector and Venom, but since Venom class ships take longer to charge their thrust, you need to hit the accel button earlier (or release it earlier if you first charge fully up and then release it at around the time the count says "3").

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

It’s easier with a NeGcon, just press the button till the thrust goes up to the required area and hold it there, you'll have to apply more/less presure to the button to find the correct pressure if you have one that is

Jesus, a Negcon! Is that the twisty controller that Namco made? Does that work well with Wipeout? Time to visit ebay again.

By the sounds of it, starting in WO seems to be similar to starting in GT, where you have to get the accelerator balanced between maximum ecceleration and tyre grip?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

no tyres here frankie-boy! :wink:
    when the yellow light turns on the 'guy' does say One but it's harder to explane on what part of 'one' you have to press
    wo1 is the hardest to get a boost/perfect start on of all wipEouts! 8O
    coz you have to hit the second line (bar) from the right in the speedmeter and not the sapace betwwen 2 lines
    --> we are talking about a pixle here!

Ha! Managed to get a Negcon for £5 including shipping. Looking forward to giving it a try.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

it's just not fair, why couldn't I get one that easy when I was looking for one? : Nicely done though Frankie Lee, they do say the NegCon's something special :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Not special. "Essential" sounds more like it. :)

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Yes "essential" is what they say, i've managed to do alright without one so far though Besides, having a neggy gives you even more to be ashamed about when arnaud and Al trounce you :

third is just the second placed loser, :wink: whatever controller you use. Get yourself a neg and I guarantee you will get the seconds you need on PK. This is a money back guarantee - if a neg doesn`t help I will reimburse what it cost you and take it off your hands too. *

*subject to original paid sum being no more than £5. All shipping costs to our office in Outer Mongolia to be paid by Dimension.

Al and Arnaud have both been using the amazing neGcon for Wipeout for many years. thank goodness that Joel sent me one about a year ago; theyre fantastically good!

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Well I might get ahold of a neggy one day but there's much to save my money for first i'm afraid, what with the PSP coming in the distant future, WO 2097 and SE to buy (because zargz and shem told me to), add to that that i'm in desperate need of a mic pre-amp, preferably within a cheap mixer. Oh and let's not forget my insatiable need to constantly buy new music, so much stuff to have, not enough money

woah, hang on a minute, what was this topic about again?

Edit: oh and lunar, that's first loser at mega mall lol

zargz wrote
    we are talking about a pixle here
    a pixel!? what, that is hard, so why's it like that then?

dimension wrote

WO 2097 and SE to buy (because zargz and shem told me to),
    yeah i need to look for you sorry, i will have a look next friday when i get paid ops:

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Don't worry yourself over it Piranha wiper, I can wait, need some moneys first anyway

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by piranha wiper
    zargz wrote
    we are talking about a pixle here
    a pixel!? what, that is hard, so why's it like that then?
    I dunno but I Love it!
    both 2097 & 3/se are way too easy to get turbo start as on 1 you need real skills to pull it of!
    But I really like the start in fusion --> works like any motoGP, stockcar or F1 start! way cool!
    I also noticed it's how the start is done in pure as well!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

What’s that, you mean the you must press x within a split second of the man saying go to get your boost, I got too used to the old ways of boosting starts and when I first started to play Fusion, I never got the boost and always got that other sound, the sound of a futuristic craft stalling, I like that way that sound has survived so long, will it be on Pure?

im not on a bout the same way fusion does the turbo start, its like w3o where the controler vibrates wen youre at the right place for the start, but its a smaller area on the original, and it doesnt vibrate,