Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circuit plans ?

Default Circuit plans ?

Howdy

I am wondering has anyone ever made plans for the tracks (wo3 & classic) ? i.e. in Illustrator.

There are simple top view plans in the manual of wo3se but even knowing the tracks I have a hard time saying where is what...

Also I was thinking one could add notes on them for shortcuts and such.

If someone has source material I'd be happy making them in Illustrator (vector based) and then someone else may add all sort of text and signs to it if wanted.

Is there even any interest for it?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I have asked permission to get these resources released, as the original top-down views of tracks and wireframe representations still exist.

Sadly I don't have permission yet, but hopefully at some point.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

I loved the 3D models of the tracks in wo1!

Preaterea censeo Carthaginem esse delandam

PSN ID
    infoxicated

good stuff!! thanks!

hm.. at a first glance at Terminal, one might not guess that it is such a rhythmic and flowing track to fly

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Cool! They are pretty simple but at least you see the track!
    Should've been in the manual for the game instead of the other ones .. :roll:
    that pretty much are the same but with no start line and these do have a '3D' feel about them ..

How much so little can do!

( hey! this sounded pretty cool! and yes you may quote that )

ps. And look at Stanza!! such a beauty! dunno why ppl complain so much about it!? :wink:

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    good stuff!! thanks!
    Yes indeed, cool stuff, although...

hm.. at a first glance at Terminal, one might not guess that it is such a rhythmic and flowing track to fly
    I don't find Terminal to give a rythmic feel. Compared to Silverstream, Spilskinanke or even Vostok Island I even find it pretty weak for a final track. ManorTop is as cool as they get, but terminal is like just one more track, with nothing special about it. Probably my least favorite from WO3.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Ouch! Is that your knife sticking out from my back G'kyl? it's probably my 3rd favorite track in wo3.
    we talked about the last track somewhere and we came to the conclusion that prototype4 is the last track and very hard to beat too!
    at least that was our theory of what the Makers 8O intended! :mrgreen:

Awesome! thanks.

ps. And look at Stanza!! such a beauty! dunno why ppl complain so much about it!? Wink
    Stanza is one of my favorite tracks. I dont like when you have such a hair pin at the pit stops though, when on other tracks the pitstops are nearly no cost on lap time.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Very cool, never thought of the first corner at terminal as an entire 360 degree one 8O And on this subject, Terminal is my favourite track, Stanza is my least. Go figure *shrug*

Terminal is the first course i got reasonably good at. i loved it and still do.

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl

Compared to Silverstream, Spilskinanke or even Vostok Island I even find it pretty weak for a final track.
    compare Spilskinanke to Terminal? You can`t. I`ve never overcome my initial disapointment in Terminal - I expected much more WOW than that for a final track. It has no WOW or Pzazz at all.

moving onto a very much more exciting arena:

http://wipeoutzone.com/images/wipeou...anza_inter.gif

how on earth can the right split be quicker? Maybe the gradient as you go left?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    how on earth can the right split be quicker? Maybe the gradient as you go left?
    Because you can take the right path essentially in a straight line, and the exit from it into the corner afterwards is at a better angle.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

ow! rejj you posted while I was answering too!

so .. the right way is faster simply coz it's the right way to go!! :mrgreen:
    err - too early in the morning ..
    anyway !

:arrow: coz you can take the tunnel almost as a straight, it's flat, got a couple of double speedpads and going in & out of it dont lose you any speed!
    :arrow: left fork - much tighter higher risk of crashing, 3 small hills make the straight longer, if you don't pich right you can crash with the road
    and, main reason in my book, going in the left fork is pretty tricky and even more so is going out!! 8O

but hey, as we all know boosting of a small bump, hill or jump gives you a good speed up and there are a few single speed pads the left way
    so if you can go in & out without loseing too much speed you might be the one that's gon prove the rest of us wrong so Go for it !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

I just remembered I brought this up in a thread ages ago - http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1009 if anyone is curious.

yeah, that was a cool discussion. i wish some of those pilots who were more active here in the Zone back then were active again

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

yes, I looooove Stanza. It was the first track of WO3 I flew, because it was on the demo. Since this moment I love this track

PS: Why is the screenshot so dark in this tread?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension
    Very cool, never thought of the first corner at terminal as an entire 360 degree one 8O
    Same here !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension
    And on this subject, Terminal is my favourite track, Stanza is my least. Go figure *shrug*
    Too hard for you?
    Really! Give it a chance and you'll see it does have a good flow through the part after the tunnel
    all the way to the straight! Just have to find the the line! :wink:

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Stanza is a cool track, I hated it at first because I kept crashing into this wall and that wall, especially in that tunnel it was BANG x4, after some practice though it grew on me it’s one of my favs now and so is terminal except this was easy from the wood GO!

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Hmm, might have a go att stanza later, i've just always hated it, that was where I got stuck on my first W3O PAL save (which I then lost), in rapier class, I just couldn't beat it, not even with the AG systems :x

Guess it'll be less stressful since I've upped my skills (haven't played it since I last touched the (still incomplete) challenge mode... and that was a while ago too ) *shrug* I guess it's popular with you lot, [arrogant]might as well go ahead and get myself into the top 5 at another track[/arrogant] :