Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Questions I want answered

Default The Questions I want answered

Is it possible to get around the track at top speed with zero/very little use of the airbrakes (as it was in Wipeout 1 and 2097/XL)?
    The turning capability of the ships is very important to me - I never liked to rely on airbrakes at all - I want full stream ahead with a loose feel to the ship (if there is no ship that can turn easily I will be very dissapointed).
    - see Wipeout Fusion for reasons why ships should be able to manoeuvre! (The main reason I think a lot of people only liked The Zone in Fusion is because the prototype ship handled better than the Fusion ships.)

Can we choose our own music in-game (as we could to a certain extent in wipeout one and 2097/XL) using perhaps the music we have on our memory stick?
    Not that the in-game music won't be good - Im sure it will be brilliant, but it would be nice to bop along to some earlier wipeout tunes too.

Will other people be able to make ships\ tracks\ other downloadables for Wipeout Pure?
    I've heard that the Wipeout Pure downloadables will come from a certain website - will that be the only possible source for downloads? Are they free?

Will downloadable tracks be both real-world and 'tron'-style or just 'tron'-style?
    Just wondering in terms of fitting stuff onto most people's 32MB stick - is this how it's going to be done or will new textures be part of a download (for those of us with larger memory sticks)

Is AG-Systems a confirmed team? Is there a storyline? What year is Pure set?
    I'm not sure I want spoilers - this is definitely a question I want answered, but unlike the others, I think it can wait a bit

I heard in an interview that there is some sort of wi-fi infinite track, does this mean that people can just join an already running game?
    A bit more info on this would be cool.

Do ships respawn or die?

I've a Japanese PSP - I assume I will have no problem running the European release of the game, but will I be able to play wi-fi with a European PSP if both of us have a European Wipeout Pure?
    Basically I'm wondering do I have to get rid of my Jap PSP

Anyone else got questions?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I would like to know what teams are in there, a few can be identified from the video but that’s not really good enough I guess that a list of teams might be giving away too much info so there probably won't be one posted *sigh* I also want to know if there will be a storyline and if you can have your own music and again not that the in game music isn't good it would just be cool to be able to play your own

Hi Guys

I'd love to be able to answer your questions but at the moment I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say so I must err on the side of caution

I do know that lots more information will be coming out over the next few week, several magazines will be running features and articles soon, so hopefully they will give you all some answers.

I can confirm that the AG Systems Team is in the game and that the year is 2197
    Oh and the games are multi region so it will work on a Japanese PSP fine.

I know its not much but is a little

Oh and please dont stop with the questions, just cos we might not be able to answer them today doesnt mean you cant ask them tomorrow !

I would like to play pure but not on a little screen. Is it possible to connect the PSP to my TV (or PS2)?

PSN ID
    o_fluff

what i would love to see is an "UnrealEd" for this game...

you could make really cool tracks then - is this gonna be real or am i gona have to stick to messign around with ut?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry
    Hi Guys

I'd love to be able to answer your questions but at the moment I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say so I must err on the side of caution

I do know that lots more information will be coming out over the next few week, several magazines will be running features and articles soon, so hopefully they will give you all some answers.

I can confirm that the AG Systems Team is in the game and that the year is 2197
    Oh and the games are multi region so it will work on a Japanese PSP fine.

I know its not much but is a little

Oh and please dont stop with the questions, just cos we might not be able to answer them today doesnt mean you cant ask them tomorrow !
    Thanks Colin! Once again you've made my day - ah where would I be without wipEout... where would I be?

(That's rheotorical btw) :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Don't know about the others, but I sure can't (yet - as I keep hoping). ;)

Well I can do a 16.9 but the point is it's important to have ships that can react fast for highspeed control.

Another question about Pure:

In a 2player game, can both players choose the same ship for the same race? (Provided they've unlocked it of course) as this means two hardcore gamers can have a fair race?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by yawnstretch
    In a 2player game, can both players choose the same ship for the same race? (Provided they've unlocked it of course) as this means two hardcore gamers can have a fair race?
    which kind of made me think, will it be a case of selecting a ship at the team selection screen or selecting a ship with a stupid pilot? you see if it was just a ship and there were no pilots on the game then I can'tt see any good reason why two folk couldn't pick the same ship,

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

if there are to be downloadable ships then it is highly unlikely that there will be anything like pilots involved I would hasten a guess, bit too much work making 2 new pilots for every ships up for download i'd say

what i really care about is if you can make and save your replays! save them to MSP and show them to your friends! that would be über :
    if the game would look more like:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen002.jpg
    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen001.jpg

i'll be a very happy gamer! i just love this kind of scenery in a wipeout game!

edited by Lance

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

uh-oh......*insert dun dun duuuuuun*

can you hear it?.....
    can you hear ?....it is....IT....!!!!
    yes....it's.....WZ FORUM POLICY ON POSTING BIG IMAGES ON FORUMS.....and it screams .......

"DON'T DO IT BECOUSE DIALERS CAN'T HANDLE BIG IMAGES!!!'

(please post link to images next time)

I like to remind such things

okay sorry! ops:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Well, about teams in pure:

By looking at the ingame movie released a couple of weeks ago, I can clearly make out the followong teams:

Feisar (looks just like the first tuning step in fusion)
    Quirex (blue and purple, shape like the w3o one but a bit pointier)
    Piranha (the classic yellow - red, shape is a mixture between wo2097 and w3o)
    Auricom (looks almost exactly like in w3o)

those are the ships that could be easily made out, so I'm sure the teams will be in the game.

then there were four more ships that I couldn't clearly assign to a team:

a dark red one, arrow shaped, with white spray on it, could very well be ag-sys;
    a cyan - orange ship, a bit bulky in shape, no idea what team... ;
    a greenish - yellowish one, double barrel shape;
    and another one which looks almost like the one above, might even be the same, I'm not sure, but it did look a lot like assegai from w3o.

thats it.
    unfortunately, I don't know how to put images up here, but you can go to the wipeoutzone download section and check the movie out frame by frame for yourself.

thank god they're making another wipeout, it would have sucked to have fusion conclude this heavenly series!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib
    and another one which looks almost like the one above, might even be the same, I'm not sure, but it did look a lot like assegai from w3o.
    *thumps fists on desk*

it bloody well better be!!!!!!!!! :

i have edited the heavy-image post for you, hoipexn. you can edit your own posts, btw, by hitting the edit button in the row of buttons at the top right of your post.

i'll have to check the admin controls to see if i can change the FAQ section on image posting, although i suspect that only a small percentage of new forum members would actually read it. so this sort of thing is likely to continue to recur, especially now that news of WipeoutPure is causing us to gain new members at a faster than average rate

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default Pure questions

I wonder if WipEout Zone is in the credits again!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Another question.

Do the CPU controlled craft use ALL the weapons at their disposal?

I'd like th have CPU craft that race along lines that can actually be raced on, and to use all weapons to win. It'd make things MUCH more realistic!