Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More info and screens on IGN

Quote Originally Posted by xEik
    I must admit the pic with the clouds is gorgeous.
    What team might that black ship between two speedpads be? (the one in the penultimate image for 01/25/2005)
    Its a dark tunnel and so the colours appear darker than outside. The ship ?? Its . .. . . .

and yes its 1.30am
    and yes I just got home from work

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Aww, he's not even gonna tell us :cry:

Like the idea of the clouds track, one there shows that huge vertical curve, seems like an interesting feature, not sure how boring that might be to fly through though (just a really long straight?)

EDIT: Oh and it's nice to see you're working hard then Colin, at work till the wee hours of the morning, can't complain too much

EDIT AGAIN: Nice detail in the backgrounds, you can see the moon & stars on the first one *gets all giddy*

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension
    not sure how boring that might be to fly through though (just a really long straight?)
    in the slower classes maybe, but I like a liong straight here and there in when racing in the upper classes

Quote Originally Posted by Assegai Developments
    not sure how boring that might be to fly through though (just a really long straight?)
    in the slower classes maybe, but I like a liong straight here and there in when racing in the upper classes
    Yea, Icarus and Qirex ships really show their true colors on the straightaways.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I guess straights do give you long enough to correct yourself for the first corner, but having said that, it can also disrupt the whole flow of the track if you're powering down the straight for five seconds lol, tracks like PK worked really well because the straight was just long enough to correct yourself, should you mess up, you'll crash, means there is no time to breathe, keep the focus and you'll do well. Oh well, just my opinion

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Both on SR and SI I find it hard to make the 1st turn on the higher classes coz on the straight I can't resist using the boost! 8O
    Also I dont race too much there .. :roll:.. Stil they are two of my absolute favorites in wo3!
    Good thing with long straights :arrow: with missiles or rockets you can shoot the leader and win the race - especialy if it's a friend of yours!

Preaterea censeo Carthaginem esse delandam

Straights sure look weird in wipeout

I think this track is allready becomming famous because of this :

Also the track in the clouds certainly looks great. I wonder what it will be like to actually play there.

Looks like there are much fresh ideas in this wipeout (in contrast with the 'less' fresh game designers with their long working hours).

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Hmm yes, well as far as straight tracks a and fast ships go maybe it's not such a good idea, usually I get a bit carried away and that corner comes along a bit quicker than I was expecting it to ops:

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by Assegai Developments
    Hmm yes, well as far as straight tracks a and fast ships go maybe it's not such a good idea, usually I get a bit carried away and that corner comes along a bit quicker than I was expecting it to ops:
    Hmm, can anyone say "the second tunnel at Hi Fumii"? That one got me time and time again when I first started TT-ing there, that's kind of a long straight and it is hard to resist R1'ing the whole biznatch

@Zargz, you like Stanza Inter!? that track is evil incarnate lol, I absolutely hate it with a vengeance! uns

Oh and (a little) back on topic, that track does look very cool, I'll have to wait and see if it does indeed play nice with bits like the one in question

*edit* Any chance of getting these images at "Ludicrous size" Infox? Or was that just a one off kinda thing?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I'll ask for some more screens today.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

nice one, thanks mate

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

@Zargz, you like Stanza Inter!? that track is evil incarnate lol, I absolutely hate it with a vengeance! uns
    I also really like Stanza Inter... I just like the feel, the dingy, dirty industrial look to the city, the track layout is decent.. The only bad bit about it was the god-awful pitlane entry. Since there are no pits in Pure, here's hoping that we get to see some Stanza!