Thread: Wheres the Wipeout 64 love?

PSN ID
    Axellink

Default Wheres the Wipeout 64 love?

Hi peeps I'm new here and a very big fan of wipeout. But it kinda saddens me to see there is hardly any wipeout 64 love in these forums!!!! I mean come on the game did bring some neat features to the franchise like super weapons and challanges!!! So wheres all the love at peeps?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I do love WO64, as do most who own it. :) The problem is not that WO64 is too bad for Wipers to love it but the platform it was released on - my guess is that too few Playstation gamers also own an N64. It had a different target audience than Sony's machine.
    Anyway, what I really liked about WO64, apart from the excellent new music and new tracks, were the challenges. I know, they were in WO3, too, but 64 had them first, so some credit should be given to Midway. However, I never quite likes super weapons. I don't know - I just feel like they didn't add anything to the game. On the contrary, they made it more of a shooting game than it should have been.

Ben

welcome to the forums, Axel.

i would probably like WO64, but it would be the only reason for me to acquire an N64. just not quite enough reason

PSN ID
    Axellink

Well Lance if you eva get the chance to geta N64, try it out. The game is the second best in the series to me after WO3SE. I just loved the speed and I was a huge fan of the N64 controller as well

if you ever get the chance, try a neGcon controller with the Sony consoles

PSN ID
    Axellink

Thats another thing, whats so special about the Negcon controllers? What are it's features etc?

Well, apart twisting them controllers they may be black or white :

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Definately.

WO64 deserves much more love than it gets.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Lance, I did get an N64 only for WO64. A second hand console is about as cheap as a neGcon these days... Anyway, I just meant to say WO64 CAN be enough reason. :)

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Yes, WO64 is indeed sweet. I got my copy of it before buying the actual console! My fave is the endless time trial - very meditative stuff.

assuming i actually had any extra money, i would rather get the original WO for my PSX and two or three more games for my Dreamcast to broaden my gaming experience to a greater degree than buying the N64 and only one game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Errrm, good point, actually. I forgot YOU got a Dreamcast, whereas I have that N64 instead. Don't mention it. Please? ;)