Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no Wipeout online?

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Default Why no Wipeout online?

[color=blue]Can anyone figure out why their hasn't been a Wipeout made for online play? If not, why won't they make one. It's hard to find somebody skilled at Wipeout, and it would always provide competition.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I dunno if the PS2 online technology was in place at the time of Fusion and it would be near enough impossible on the PS1 WipEouts, the new PSP title should hopefully have internet gaming on it for those of us with broadband (as in, not lance )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

That's mean. ;-) I agree, though. I believe Fusion was a bit too early to have an online mode and after that we will have to wait for Pure to bring us together... However, online play had not been totally neglected by Psygnosis as they released a patch for XL, which supposedly enables multiplayer via TCP/IP (and IPX?). It didn't work with most people's installations, though.

Ben

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    It didn't work with most people's installations, though.
    That's a shame, how popular actualyl was the PC version of 2097

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I can't tell. But I assume it didn't make as good an impression on PC players as on Playstation gamers. Otherwise, I assume, we would have seen WO3 being converted as well. Those who got WOXL PC liked it, though. I haven't read a single negative comment. The difficulty seems more to sell pure arcade racers to the PC audience.

Ben

PSN ID
    o_fluff

going off subject, welcome to the zone chill!

just showing my transalantic ignorance but is WA washington state?

coincidentally enough, ''WA'' also stands for an organisation i happen to belong to, Wackos Anonymous.

oops. like Hagrid, i shouldn't have said that. now i'm not an anonymous Wacko anymore.

hi, Chill, welcome.

PSN ID

Yah, even though i've read all Harry Potter books, I didn't know WA also stood for Wackos Anonymous. ops: Yes, it's Washington, and even though It doesn't mean Wackos Anonymous, ti my-as-well, becouse I'm one of those speed freaks committed to Whipeout. But wouldn't it be better for online capability for the PS2? Not all of us will be able to buy a PSP, and online capability for the PS2 would just seem better than on the PSP. Hay, mabye even costomizing your own Pilot and Craft? :wink:

WA isn't in Harry Potter as far as i know. i founded my own local chapter of this fine and ancient organisation. [proud]

PSN ID

Default Continue of Wipeout Online...

If a wipeout online were made for the PS2...
    We'd be able to talk while racing and using weapons. While using voids/those bomb balls, I could yell: EAT MY POOP!!! It'd be fun just using powerful weapons and telling all who got hit to yield to you.
    Or the capability of the computer constantly changing the track, so you never know what to expect. Wipeout Fusion's sited seemed awsome, but the game was a little high rated. I expected dark tracks, with faint sayings of incomming weapons or something that would be unusual, such as a faint womanly voice of "Racer of Tigron Eliminated" such as if it's not a big deal considering all the competition that could possibly be in the game. Awsome, a wipeout that would be dark and contain sounds like on Wipeout Fusion's site, while going online. Ablosutely extrordinary! The tracks would be so large, that thousands of racers would be in one race, and the tracks would have multible choices of directions, twisting around planets in space, diving down into the Earth's cowded cities twisting around the buildings and back up. It would be called the Wipeout Space Control, or something cool.
    Any thoughts?

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

heh, I think you'll have to wait for a new console that uses blue ray discs or larger before you'll get tracks of that size, cool idea though, not sure about having thousands of racersi n one race, how could you wee which one was yours? And how slow would the game run?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Default Re: Continue of Wipeout Online...

Quote Originally Posted by Chill
    game. Awsome, a wipeout that would be dark and contain sounds like on Wipeout Fusion's site, while going online.
    does anyone know if those sounds are still available somewhere?

PSN ID
    o_fluff

nick the swf file of the website and try to extract em - wait for 25 minutes and bigno! you will ahve the lawsuits at your door...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

lol but the website does not exist anymore so thats why I asked, is there a history thing like way back machine i used that but its not good the site won't even load

PSN ID
    o_fluff

http://show.goodtech.co.uk/wipeout/

the site is there still

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

oh would you look at that im over the moon i was typing the old addy

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius
    nick the swf file of the website and try to extract em
    how do I nick this file?

PSN ID

Demension wrote: How slow would the game run?

Think about that watcha-macall-it game were you have hundreds of players on one screen. How does that work? If not that, well, I don't think now it would be possible to have "thousands". I mean, what about those poor people in the back. They'd have a have a hundred quakes to catch up, with another five-hundred turbo boosters. I thind though that they could make a wipeout that had tracks that could float. I mean, the crafts can, right? Then you'd be able to flie through clouds and jump high distances at high hight. Mabye they can make a wipeout from which you can transform after jumping into air-alone flight. Air-born, without hovering technology. But then once you entered a certain area, that track would suck you down, and if under, you'd be eliminated.
    "Mabye in the future they'll make fans with these types of games?" :

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Well, they already did the floating track thing with Odessa Keys - didn't work out just as good as some of the rest, though. ;)
    Quantum Redshift had a bit of what you describe with it's Mars course. In order to be fast you have to spend the larger part of your lap in the air (or whatever thin air there is ;) ), however, if you forget getting back on track at the right spots, you lose a lot of time. Pretty fun stuff.

Ben

PSN ID

Well, Wipeout shouldn't change too much. It holds something in it other than just a speed-freakish racing game. It holds a lot of values. It's popularity for scenery, and heart-rush fealing is very high, which means that they've done a wonderful job on it. Even on Wipeout Fusion, it has tracks that causes you heart to race hard. That's one thing good about Zone mode. Whenever you need an adrenalin rush, it's right in your entertainment room. This rush gives you a spirit-flying like fealing. So after rushing through tight corners about a speck awayfrom each wall, and then you jump a jump, your heart feels it. It pumps hard, then when you jump, has a break and the feeling makes your heart feel it's intaking an incredible amount of breeze. Something, I think. Wipeout 3 was very good at expressing. The rain also directs a feeling of a cooling tricks of water on your heart. Of course, this doesn't really happen, but feels as if it does. Every element in Wipeout is important, which would need to play a part in any online Wipeout. The rush needs to be good, something Wipeout Fusion lacks other than it's Zone mode, and flying while fully upgraded, but even that is no good with it's crafts center of balance. I feel the balance sould lie on the Back of the Ship such as on Wipeout 3 in order to give a fuller heart rush.[/u][/b]