Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: mmmm...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

No offence, none at all, intended, but reading you write German suddenly makes me feel a lot better about some recurring German structure in my English. ;-)

EDIT: Drat, must have deleted the rest. :| In short: Sign me in if there is a petition against the growing use of flash on the net. It's the embodyment of "design over content", and I like content! You have my sympathies for detesting flash sites when surfing at 5.x k/sec tops, Lance. I've been there...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

hey the Wipeout Fusion site was made using flash that was a good for it..............wasen't it?

Ben, my comment in 'German' was intended as a full demonstration of my ignorance of German grammar and vocabulary.

AD, i don't agree; the flash just delayed getting to the fly-by movies and the data. it would have been semi-okay had if i had broadband instead of dial-up, but it was slow of response even while not loading more flash. even at that, it was better than almost any other flash-using site that i've seen.

have you ever tried to use your browser controls to break out of a flash-loop that has errors in it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I know. Hadn't used the ironic smilie otherwise. :)

then i succeeded brilliantly in my attempt to show my ignorance. this makes me very happy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Good for you. Even though now _I_ feel depressed, being unable to show irony. But then a win-lose is better than a lose-lose. I suppose... *sob*

irony is lost on someone who is coughing too much from gooey mucous due to dehydration. feel bad not, young Jedi

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    .have you ever tried to use your browser controls to break out of a flash-loop that has errors in it?
    nope and I don't like how that sounds and so hope i'll never have to, thier again, just hit back

'back' is one of those browser controls that tend not to work when caught in a flash error loop

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

you could always just close the window and start from scratch

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

About flash and features not working. Does anyone know why mouse gestures appear to be turned off when browsing flash sites? I am talking especially the close gesture.

By the way, Lance, have you just gotten your Star Wars box? If not then what turned you into a Jedi so suddenly? ;-)

i assume [usually a mistake] that it's because you are in the midst of the flash program rather than the browser program and can only use controls that are provided by the flash code.

well, Star Wars has been a background of my consciousness since the first movie came out; it has been brought a bit more to the foreground in recent days because commercials are being run on television for the newly released [just in time for Christmas! what a coincidence!] boxed set of the first three movies

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

Someone wake me up when we start yabberin' about PurE again, will ya please? : :wink:

.......SO, PurE will be released on PSP........
    .......(thruster wake up!) :wink:

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

:
    I love it when topics go off-topic.
    This place wouldnt be the same without it!