Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mmmm...

Looks nice, i have to say im not too excited about the ship design tho, they seem too cartoony, i like the older (wo and xl) formula 1 aggressive style.

I have been dreaming about a worthy succesor for the WO legacy for so long.. the intro videos for original WO and WOXL should help as inspiration for the new game graphical style (this is a subjective opinion)...

Of course added gameplay features as the one they explain for the weapons are interesting, but i think the features should concentrate in speed and weapon actions variables; althought that could mean a steeper learning curve that could be fun for us, but not to most of the younger gamers.. who knows....

pootle: hi, welcome to the WipeoutZone

Well, if the game is as good as it looks, then I'm going to buy it right away. Oh, and it seems like that ship in the corner is a Xios.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I dunno, it's white by the looks of it, dunno a white ship, might be one of the new ones. Oh and what is that red one on the pic with the quake? i was thinking maybe pirhana but the yellow/red stripy one's obviously the pirhana I'm waiting for the vid to download, dooby doo...

*EDIT* Holy crap! great, love the effects on the weapon explosions and the tracks look pretty varied and cool, an underwater track, very cool The ship designs don't look so bad in motion, I thought that the Qirex looked aweful in the stills but it looks pretty good in the video. Good stuff

*EDIT 2* Some stuff i've noticed:

About 28 seconds into the vid a turquise/yeller (FEISAR?) scrapes the left wall and boosts forwards, we have turboscraping!

I see them advertising something called "Horimou" 14 seconds into the vid, a new ship I'd hasten a guess

The tension's building and building, just when will it end!?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Absolutley awesome stuff especially the quake which are braw! but on a curious note is that Odessa Keys` track? but I could be wrong.

I`m nearly 99% certain I`m getting one :wink: :

stevie

okay, now we're certain that AG-sys are back. There are ad's of AG-sys all over the place. Feisar's logo is cool too. "Horimou" - my bet is that it's a new team. Basicly there are 3 ships that are hard to ID. The first one looks like fully upgraded XIOS (well, sort of). The second one looks like Feisar. The third one is like Asseqai.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Seeing that trailer makes me want to go pull out Wipeout 3 or XL again...This game looks so sweet.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I just downloaded the video.

Ladies and Gentlemen: WipEout as we know it has returned!

No questions, I am buying a PSP when it comes out here.

I'm bouncing like an idiot over here! :

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

I have said it before and I am gonna say it again.
    I am getting a PSP.
    Dont know when or where (lik-sang is not taking orders) but I will have a PSP.

Awesome footage of the new Pure title in action. All the power and depth of W3 with the ferocity and exitement of W2097. Extremley good work, Liverpool, somebody out there must be taking notice.

:vagrant logic
    You're exactly right. WipEout as we know and love it!!!!!!
    COME ON THE PSP!!!!!!!!! COME ON THE PURE!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys for disapearing again, l have been completly swamped. We're working on some really time consuming stuff at the uni right now ( making a game-trailer, not just for a completed game.. But building everything up from scratch, like a fake-game. And instead of doing a half assed job we're trying to outdo ourselfes so we can actually use it in our portfolio. ). Crunchtime will be over after next week and then I can digest all the info I have missed on these boards. Then I got to finish HL2,halo2,metroid prime2 and san andreas hehehe.. Ill be busy this xmas alrigth Oh and the WOW beta of course.

-

I just got linked to those screens from Penny-Arcade, rushed over here to see if you guys had spotted the screens too.

The screenshots are way beyond my expectations, I really like how crisp it looks. I have no oppinion on the ships yet. Is it just me or does some of the tracks give ya a deja vu? A picture reminded me of Stanza Inter. Another reminded me of the first track in 2097, but reversed hehe. Is TDR back? The Feisar logo and the general feel feels very WO3. Im glad AG-5y5 is back. Im sure all my questions are answered in some other thead. Ill get right to catching up with you all at the end of next week.

woah... omg, it's just beautiful....*sheds a tear* Still a bit annoyed they took the trails out..havnt they learned anything! trails are cool...2097 had it donw to an art. Also, as far as i know, PSP doesnt have analogue stick right? D pad just doesnt control well nowadays. you cant get that floaty feeling...or at least i hope they got that in there and not the F Zero X "you're ships belly is stuck to the track and moves like it's on ice effect" (thats the technical name i give it anyway)

I mean check out the Zodiac from
    www.tapwave.co.uk

its got analogue at a nice proportion and not too obtrusive.

all hail wifi wipeout!

I just downloaded the video... the ships look a lot better in motion, i dont know what the stills do to them... but they dont do justice to the game in motion, its looking way better for me now.

Im eager to play this game but in faster classes than the one shown in the video, i need to see if theres a something in the same or faster class than phantom, im sure there is, but i need to be sure hehe.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Damn, but this is looking better all the time!

The pure vision of the original Wipeout?
    The bright vibrancy and fast thrills of WOXL?
    The deep gameplay and large set of tracks, ships, and game modes of WO3?
    The pure visual beauty and zone mode of Fusion?

All that, PLUS 8-player action? With universally standardized hardware, controller, and game?

Good Lord, I think I wet myself.

On WOPure launch day, I'm picking up a copy. And a PSP of course, to play it with. 8 )

Same thing I did on Fusion launch day.

If you can, hold off on your buying of the PSP. Maximize your consumer input by making all your purchases on WOPure launch. If "making a good WO" = "cash income for Sony" then you can bet that we'll be seeing a lot more where this came from.

I might die of exuberance!

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

That's actually a very valid point, assuming that PurE will be a launch title when it hits europe, and assuming there will be a PurE bundle, then it is an excellent and well thought plan. Sony will sell out of PSP quickly, and preorders are going to be essential.

OMG, just been running through "Ridge Racers" for the PSP and it looks like after the travesty of R:Racing Evolution it got the same treatment as PurE and gone back to what they know. And they have created a masterpeice. 6 "discs" of soundtrack!!!! Courses from ridge, rage, RAVE!!!!!! _on , type 4 and V to master all over again....

The reason I'm making a fuss over Rave Racer is that it is the first time it has been seen outside of an arcade! (well, apart from the vivanonno conversions, but they surely dont count ). Rave Racer is an all-time arcade classic for me. Rage Racer is an all-time PlayStation classic for me. The combination of these greats, and all the other truly notable, and excellent, installments in the series has got to make for a great game. Points deducted for lack of originality, but it just isnt necessary. If it isn't broken, dont try to fix it.

Like so much of this PSP stuff I am very exited. A genuinley good handheld that obviously does not make any graphical exceptions for the fact that it is portable.

Anyways enough raving about the PSP, this is about PurE.
    And what is up with the weapon effects this time? I swear it wasnt that good even in Fusion! Subtle yet powerful touches like how the quake can pick up debris from the track and toss it everywhere.
    Also noticed that there are no trails from the engines, which is a step away from tradition of current WipEouts, but to be honest I believe it would kill the current look of the game if they were included. I dont knnow if this footage is dev or beta, but it looks effin' awesome.

" I pity the foo' who doesnt want this game. Spin me, clown!"

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Don't know where the engine trails have gone in, folks, but they do have them. I commented a few weeks back that I thought they were a bit too long and I was told that they weren't finished tweaking with them yet, so maybe they were doing that when the video was put together.

Default Superb...

Watching that video is such great relief.
    Thank god SCEE listened and are stepping away from the fusion formula.. thank you!!
    It looks spectacular, graphically and gameplay wise... this is what wipeout is all about and i have no doubt this will be a huge success.
    Just out of curiosity, what is the song and artist on the film clip??
    And has the music been finalised or near finalised?
    Although, with the news that you can download music onto to MS, there might be the small possibility that we will be able to play our own soundtrack... CoLD SToRAGE off the Mem. Stick would be heaven.
    I cant wait. _on ist

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

- I haven't seen the new trailer yet, so maybe something will be wrong -

Hm... :roll:

Well, that looks good, but not as good as I thought. The design is... well... no WipEout. That's my opinion.
    It doesn't look bad, but the graphic and the weapon-design (for example the shield) looks like a "we-want-action"-style, but not like WipEout. WipEout Fusion looks much, much better than Pure at the pics does

The really good designed speed- and weapon-pads in Fusion are gone, now they are looking just like a few points on the ground.
    When this is the graphic of the finally version of Pure I think Sony did a bad job with the PSP, because they said the PSP will be like a portable PS2, but when I look at these pictures I don't think so...

You can say what you want: That's not what I've expected! Sorry...

edit:

Now I've seen the trailer, and the game looks better in this movie. We will see how Pure will be. But we have to wait

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

The point which makes me sigh with relief is the quality of the graphics,an the fluid motion. I had expectations of the quality being somewhere between PSOne and Tamagochi. Seriously!

It may not quite be PS2 quality, but did anyone ever really expect it to be? At least not me. At least not yet...

I am trying to speak to mr. SToRAGE about musics for the game, my guess is that he has got the contract, and feeling pretty chuffed about it, too! Would be nice to know what the audio is with that clip.... sounds good!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Here you also will find the trailer. It doesn't take so much time like the other one.

>>> http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/6...html?fromint=1

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

There is also lots of talk about downloadable content (craft, tracks, music, skins (?)) for PurE, is any of this confirmed?
    If so, you know I would very much like to have a wipeoutzone skin, and EVERY download available.
    I wonder if our fan-teams are in? mmmm, minsawki.......