Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music extraction tool, does anyone have it?

Default Music extraction tool, does anyone have it?

Hello! I have noticed that many people here have used an extraction tool to extract music and art from the Wipeout Fusion disc. I would also like to do this as well, as I like the music in Wipeout Fusion and I thought I might be able to make some wallpapers out of the game art. I am also interested in the process of extraction, for I find these things interesting.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to link me to this tool, or e-mail it to me at possibilities@deimerich.com . I would very much appreciate it. I searched this forum but could find no links to the tool. I have seen that there was one located at http://www.antibell.net/wof but that website is down.

To the mods, if this kind of thing is unacceptable, please tell me and I will close this thread

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Piracy we're not so keen on, but simply extracting the most from something you've already paid for seems okay to me.

Welcome to the site.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Welcome to these forums, Quickfire.
    Try asking Sausehuhn, a user of this site, about the tool by sending him a pm. He only recently mailed me he extraced all the audio files from Fusion, so I assume he knows how to do it. :) Be sure, though, to have 1,something GB of free space on your harddisk, the extracted music comes in wav-files.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated
    Piracy we're not so keen on, but simply extracting the most from something you've already paid for seems okay to me.

Welcome to the site.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    Welcome to these forums, Quickfire.
    Try asking Sausehuhn, a user of this site, about the tool by sending him a pm. He only recently mailed me he extraced all the audio files from Fusion, so I assume he knows how to do it. Be sure, though, to have 1,something GB of free space on your harddisk, the extracted music comes in wav-files.

Ben
    Thank you! I will do that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

- just for every one who also want this tool -

you can find it here:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~wipeout/...ion/index.html

go to Music
    and then Download

Thanks to WipEout Online for creating this extractor

PS: Is there anyone who will make an extractor for the other soundfiles of Fusion in future? :roll:

PSN ID
    o_fluff

arent the sound files the same as the audio files???

if not there is another tool which can extract EVERYTHING from the disk (say bye bye to your hardrive old pc users! all the contenet is over 1.5 gb on the pc) i can't remeber where i saw it, you'll have to ask me mate mr. google - as he knows almost everyting!

Default fusion MP3's

Hey ya'll! I used the extrator tool to get the audio then converted them to MP3's. ill be more than happy to share with ppl but right now i just signed onto NTL broadband, which is great and all, but my comp is totally dead so i cant access the files at home. but as soon as im online ill let u all know. oh, btw, if u want to make an audio CD, you'll have to choose your fav songs, or make 2 discs cuz u cant fit them all onto one CD! =p

PSN ID
    DaMiGiSan, DaMiGiX

well Mobius,whats the name of the other tool.........??

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

The other Sound-files are .mem-files. I don't think there's a tool for extracting them, because they are PlayStation-files.
    ... the pics of the gallery are .mun-files and I think there aren't any tools for them, eighter.

But there are "Shockwave Flash Objects" (DATA >>> TRACKS >>> then open a folder and you will see)... maybe it's possible to open them with the shockwave-player 8O

Maybe someone will create some other extracting-tools for the other data. This would be wonderful!

PSN ID
    DaMiGiSan, DaMiGiX

Sausehuhn,I downloaded the extractor and i can't seem to get it to work properly,I tried creating the folder first and using the extractor,but alll I get is a "pathway not found " window that pops up ,what am I doing wrong..?

Thanks Sausehuhn ,I have over 50% of a 60 GB HD space so,that is'nt a prob,I did read the usage guide,but it was'nt much help,your instructions were more clear, btw,your english was great :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

So, I will try to discripe you how to do it the right way - but my english isn't very well, so maybe you don't understand I also extracted the music for a long time (one month or something), but I will try:

1. insert the Fusion DVD
    2. Create a folder named "test"
    3. Open the file extractor
    4. In the extractor-window there are to more windows ( the first is "File WAC", the second "Extract folder")
    5. Into the first window, you have to write in, where the file is you want to open (the file on the Fusion DVD)
    6. Into the second window you have to write in, where the folder "test" is (D:\test\)
    7. then activate the button "Extract"
    8. Now the extracted files are in the "test"-folder.

So, maybe it's wrong

PS: read the "Usage"!!! There's help!

The extracted files are 2,09 GBs big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

edit:

If that is wrong:

1. insert the Fusion DVD
    2. Create a folder named "test"
    3. Copy the file "FileSys.Wac" from the DVD into the "test"-folder
    4. Open the file extractor
    5. In the extractor-window there are to more windows ( the first is "File WAC", the second "Extract folder")
    6. Into the first window, you have to write in where the "FileSys.Wac"-file is (D:\test\FileSys.Wac)
    7. Into the second window you have to write in, where the folder "test" is ( D:\test\)
    8. then activate the button "Extract"
    9. Now the extracted files are in the "test"-folder.

You have to try it... *lol*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Thanks!!
    And which description is the right one?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Can this tool be used for other games or just fusion?

Default UNIX?

Does anyone know of a UNIX version or port of this extractor?

¥

Default Extraction Problems

Hi all, I'm a new to this board. Just stumbled upon this thread today, and have tried several times to get the extracted wav's to playback. Although the 2.1 gb extract just fine, I get a 'not a valid sound file' error message. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you get around it?
    Cheers,
    Cormac.

Hi Cormac, welcome to the W3ZF.

Have you tried converting the .wav files to .mp3?

¥

Default Yep, I did.

Yeah, I tried converting them to Mp3s using iTunes, mpeg suite and n-track. Pity really, it's a whopper of a soundtrack. When you extracted them, was it possible to listen to the uncompressed wavs?
    Thanks, Cormac.

Default try...

hey, i used GOLDWAVE (try a google search) for the audio extraction/playback. maybe this information can be of some use

Cormac: tried LAME?

¥

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

Does anyone know of a program that can convert .str audio files from a PS2 disc? I been looking for ages and cant find any.