Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons and Tracks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

In the game there are only 16 tracks - including the ones of the old games. At this point Fusion rocks!! ... and Pure sucks ...

And I don't think they will have round about 30 tracks for download

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

You just like your Fusion a lot, don't you, Sausehuhn? ;-) (sounds funny writing that in English...)
    Don't worry, though, track, weapons, whatever count doesn't make the game. WO 1 (as well as XL, for that matter) only had 8 courses, and it was the one that got the world hooked up on AG racing...

Ben

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Less tracks means tighter competition and more time to practise your lines

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I know, I know. But every time when I fly a race in Fusion I love to chose different tracks. I don't fly just one or two tracks again and again. I fly ca. 20 or 30 tracks of the game! (Just a few tracks are really bad -> for example Vohl Square track 1)

Erm... a question: They will add Mandrashee (wohooo!! Yeah! ...Florion Height would be better, but Mandreshee even rules!!! :wink: ). But Which track? the first, the second, the third or all? Does anybody know that?

You sure its Mandrashee? Cause this screen http://wipeoutzone.com/images/wipeou...%20Screen4.jpg reminds me of the first corner of Cubiss Float track 2. Makes sense imo because I dont think there will be loops or corckscrews in Pure and this track hasnt got any of them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I read on the german page www.playstationportable.de that there will be this 4 tracks of th eold WipEouts:

Manortop (Wip3out)
    Karbonis (WipEout)
    Sagarmatha (WipEout 2097)
    Mandrashee (Wipeout Fusion)

:

Sounds good, right?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Well, I just flew a Rapier race on manor top with pirhana and let's put it this way -
    fix the humongous shortcut from the first jump through the building And through the Head
    of our beloved Big Fat Cat(wich I managed with Ease on All Four laps!) and yes Manor Top is a pretty cool track!
    The shortcut on Sagamatha could we also do without. Wich I nailed only one of four laps,
    flew a Rapier races there just now with an AG system.
    It's the second time I try to find this sortcut, Only for research nothing else!
    I'm sure thought that if I tryed hard for an hour or so I'll manage it every time!
    Sgarmatha btw a personal favorite from the 2097 days!
    Karbonis! well .. Any track from wipEout (Or Tracks)! Just bring'em!
    Mandrashee - no Data .. :roll:

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Picking this topic up again and moving onto tracks:

Now we know that all 8 tracks will appear on one island and you will gradually climb up the island onto higher and higher tracks, so what kinda track designs do you expect to see and at what point in the ascent?

Track 1: Harbour Track
    Track 2: ?
    Track 3: ?
    Track 4: ?
    Track 5: ?
    Track 6: ?
    Track 7: ?
    Track 8: Clouds/Edge of space Track

Maybe there will be several tracks in a certain style, so maybe there'l be two or three in the style of the last track and 2 or 3 indoor ones on the way up? Ideas please... Also, what about names? Any ideas?

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I don't have many ideas, and sorry for not having any, but I think track 8 is gonna be really awesome!!!! I just can't wait man!! OK, I just had an adrenaline rush without Wipeout in front of my eyes. Amazing!!

PSN ID
    o_fluff

there is a city ground level track
    a park track
    and a city high level track

i think

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I do not know that I should think about the places where the tracks are. They are all on one island (like in Wip3out, there they were all in one city), so there will not be a track on the Moon (like it was in Fusion), or on the Mars (I ever dreamed about that)...
    :roll:

No metter, I think WipEout Pure will bring the spirit of WipEout back! Give me a PSP!!!!

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Mars was on WipEout, the track Firestar. And WipEout I (if that's what you mean) is spread throught the world and on mars. :wink:

Edit: never mind if you already know.

Second Edit: oh, I was thinking Wip3out meant WipEout, or Wipeout 1. Sorry, man!! :

i suspect that he knows that already

Oh! So the tracks are now settled on an island? on ONE island?...... sounds promising, but deep inside i was hoping they would set the tracks in different countries of the EARTH (notice EARTH!)...

hmm....

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Ditto ..

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

If somebody is interested in the logos of the weapons, he should visit this link:

>>> http://people.freenet.de/sausehuhn/galerie/waffen.JPG

I could not figure out which logo is which weapon [just know shield or something like this...). However, it looks cool

Heh, well done Sausehuhn

those weapon icons are yet more evidence that 2097/XL is the primary inspiration for Pure. wipEout original is part of if, yes, no sticking to the wall, no pilot characters, no performance variation attached to pilots. Pure seems to be its own separate evolution from those of WO3 and Fusion. three parallel evolutions to separate Wipeout futures.

or a radical rethink by the League organisers for every change of personnel on the Race Committee

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension
    Now we know that all 8 tracks will appear on one island and you will gradually climb up the island onto higher and higher tracks, so what kinda track designs do you expect to see and at what point in the ascent?
    I hope not, because that would make the second last level be...

Sagarmatha?

You'd think the Sony CEO himself designed it the way they shove it down our throats. One of the shortest tracks in the series, the first tunnel seems to have been slapped in to connect the two ends when they ran out of inspiration [just like the final tunnel on Vostok and the part after the pit lane on Mega Mall], and I still have nightmares about the exceedingly silly 'avalanche danger' and 'collapsed bridge ahead' signs in 2097. It isn't even a collapsed bridge, christ.

Sagarmatha is also the Tibetan name for Mount Everest, so it really makes sense to name an island track after it. Definitely.

I guess in the end we will all grow to like it, and the 'Zone will be renamed to Sagarmathazone. :

[totally effin' offtopic, but interesting to me: the name i had always heard was Chomo Lungma [Goddess Mother of the World], but possibly that is exclusive to the Sherpas of Tibet and Nepal rather than to the more general Tibetan population. i wonder what the Chinese call it. last night when i was watching a repeat of a Globetrekker episode in which Ian Wright goes to Nepal and climbs high enough to get a good view of the mountain, his guide called it Chomo Lungma. it all depends on which language tradition you're part of. i was kinda surprised at the 'Sagarmatha' name in WO2.]

some islands have mountains, too, don't they?