Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I hate AutoPilots...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

yes it needs , obviously the difference is quite big ( in term of time) in SE & W3O in each classes; i have noticed that very often. just before hitting a blue pad and engage AP, use first your boost and see what happend...

Quote Originally Posted by Old asayyeah
    yes it needs , obviously the difference is quite big ( in term of time) in SE & W3O in each classes; i have noticed that very often. just before hitting a blue pad and engage AP, use first your boost and see what happend...
    I know about the Turbo-Hyper trick, basically it'll send your crafts speed to Max., but only for a short while, plus it also depends on whether the Turbopad is a Single or a Double.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Yes, you are right Foxdragon. In speaking about AP in 3 or SE, did someone notice that sometimes in Manor Top Phantom, your AP is going largely outside the track , searching to get back the road again but loosing 3 or 4 sec to succeed. This happended to me after the little shorcut and just before a tricky difficultie ( the big chicanes )

Btw these chicanes are extremely hard to deal with an icaras, as a matter of fact you can see many pilots using Assegai with his cool handling on higher class of speed, but i have decided to change the rules Despite of his handling like a Ford T , i run with it , trying to get topping positions in 3 and SE... hard task but great challenge vs Al's Assegai

Al ran Icarus in single race phantom on manortop. That is the only place that I know of that autopilots can pay off.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Joel :i agree with you; ive checked the NTSC tables : Al is using an Assagai for TT in Phantom and SR rapier . He used only icaras in phantom SR. ( btw great job with your amazing race times in phantom TT & SR : you push Al to his limit !! )
    However i don't have that version; i ve played W3O Pal & SE and Al used basically Assegai on Manor Top( except for Phantom SR Se and laptime phantom SR W3O)
    I must say that's Assegai could be the ultimate ship in TT for that track and icaras for SR ( make a pray for getting 1 AP per lap...).
    So my Manor Top session is ended and the result is : I ve missed 4 topping positions only in W3O ( Rapier race time SR and TT , rapier laptime TT, phantom TT racetime), get all First place in SE.

PSN ID
    madwiperII

i agree with all said above but :arrow: there is one other good use too:
    when on the final lap keep an autopilot!! that way if you have low shield and hear a warning ENGAGE AUTOPILOT IMMEDIATLY even if your ship is eliminated it will keep you moving on for a little while longer- its helped me over 5 times (if your near enough the end of the race it will take you over the last checkpoint--- :

: this will not work on fusion :