Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Wip3out moment?

oh, yes, i recommend it very much, Snapper; it's one of the greatest games i've played. WO2, too

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Had a great moment last night in/on W3O, upped the ante at Mega Mall by over a second. Doesn't sound that great, right? Well I did it while listening to a CD of Underworld live performances I burnt, did it during the last 3 minutes of the final track: Cowgirl [Rez] (my personal favourite of all their back-catalogue)

The moment was one of those you probably had to be there to appreciate; the accentuation of the rhythm, melodies and harmonies added to as close to a perfect race as I ever expect to get (laps 2-5 were all sub 30 second-ers) and it made for one of those moments that make the weeks of bad TTing and poor performance, even under the stimulation of Red Bull all seem worth it!

Now guys, don't tell me in the year this topic's been stagnant, you've not had any W3O moments to remember at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Nelson
    England expects every man to share his story!

Has to be racing Manor Top for the first time in Phantom class for me. Pure bliss.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Houwdy all

My greatest moments in WO3. The time my ship did a barrelroll on the finishline on Porto Kora, that was amazing!! The other time was when i found out that i could fly over the difficult chicane in P-mar Project straight into the rightcorner before the tunnel !!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

yeah i remember a great moment i didn't expected , it was on hi fumi into the tunnel after the beginning : got a cool combo turbo + AP that let me cross the wall without the wuss wagon picked me up , going out perfectly from this hard tunnel with maximum speed .
    Ive tried hundreds time to do this again , with no luck

btw Ali the Smooth aka Blondie : 2.30.04 mega mall you rock dude !!
    getting 5 sec on my previous best and more than 10 sec to Al sartwell : this is scary
    Congratulations
    ( and what about your ***kin' black-out internet connection? dya think we got a chance to play again through msn one day ? )

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Another very cool moment was when i found the code to get the link mode, so we could get a real nice multiplayer game with our own full screen.

@Oldasayyeah: I think we can play on msn again. I lost my connection big time. It's really hard to get Xlink kai running to play wipeout. I'am lost with it.

Greetings Mad-Ice

Mad-Ice, add me to MSN and if I see you online maybe I can help you out with Kai.

to stay on-topic, my most eyeball popping moment was when I learned that, in Phantom class, you can go off the last jump of Terramax and fly the entire start/finish straight, landing near the top of the hill. When I discovered this by accident it was quite stunnning. I tried a few times to fly all the way to the tunnel, but not sure if this is doable. Not exactly on topic as it`s the wrong game, but I`m too crap at Wipeout3 to have had any amazing moments in it.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

That I gotta to look at! and thanxs for the findings cos anything is possible!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice
    @Oldasayyeah: I think we can play on msn again. I lost my connection big time. It's really hard to get Xlink kai running to play wipeout. I'am lost with it.Greetings Mad-Ice
    Don't worry Matthijs , as i told you i planned to go to visit you with Marie , it should have been this week but she & me are extremely busy for different reasons , but we should be ok after the 5th of July
    So i can get my dlink with me + driver and set it up for you on your pc : you just need to find one after i came
    i ve done that with Stevie when i came to Scotland few months ago, and now he is playing with us ( with success )

Stephen : about terramax , try to land not too much on the top on the hill so that you can avoid bottoming out , maintain high speed for getting a great flight over the tunnel ( becareful the game is often freezing in sr mode when you get an AP for perfect landing after flying all the way over the tunnel )
    you can land after the last left turn into the tunnel.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

For Lunar:

Thanks mate, I will add you to my msn list and hope to see you soon on Kai. Oldasayyeah is coming to visit me, so that is settled i hope!!! Couldn't find you on the frappr map though?!

For Oldasayyeah:

Thanks mate for the reply. Hope to see you soon in the land beneath the sea, bring some oxygen just to be sure!!!

Greetings Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

he doesn't breathe. ever. could distract him from his perfect racing line.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

you know me perfectly

Timezone
    GMT + 1

First aid please!!!!

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by Old asayyeah
    on hi fumi into the tunnel after the beginning : got a cool combo turbo + AP that let me cross the wall without the wuss wagon picked me up , going out perfectly from this hard tunnel with maximum speed .
    Ive tried hundreds time to do this again , with no luck
    You're saying you engaged the AP and it took you on a straight line, clean through the wall and onto the straight with slow bends straight afterwards? Crazy Sounds like the one-time shortcutting case on TR that you went crazy over, heheh.

For MSN, probably not any time soon, got screwed over by NTL (cut off my I-net connection then charged me for the next two months LOL,) so fsck 'em. Don't plan on getting an I-net connection any time soon, those heady days and nights of record setting will have to be consigned to the past, heh.

@ Mad-

I remember a discussion once about ships that barrel-roll on the finish that figured out that it's missiles and such hitting the ship as it goes into autopilot on the finish line. Can't find the topic now though, but it's not something i've ever seen

So Matthijs you`re going to let the crazy Frenchman fix up your PC for Kai? I can only say that I hope you took out the extended guarantee when you were in the shop.

I know you won`t be upset Arnaud because you`re a very happy man after last night. And really I`m only kidding, Matthijs, he`ll fix you up for Kai just fine

sorry, I haven`t put myself on the map just yet. I live near Swindon and the nearest WZ member to me would be Mo, Element 42. Arnaud and I were talking about a UK Wipeout get together next year, and really we must make this happen one day. Maybe we will create some more greatest Wip3out moments...... (in a feeble and transparent attempt to stay on topic)

I`m sorry for you internet problems, Ali, I was really hoping you could join us on Xlink and MSN more often.

Ali and Asa: Just getting through that pain in the *** narrow bit of Hi Fumii without hitting the wall counts as a great Wip3out moment for me, though I`ve hardly played it since I got a negcon, and it must be a lot easier to pitch up and get through there unscathed with a neg.

That effort was so transparent that I couldn't even see it coming. But I already gave up on trying to keep this one ontopic. I should just rename it as 'chat' if that is possible with the vB software.

I'm a mod on another forum with over 4000 members and more than 300,000 posts in six months, and the chatting on the main chat thread sometimes has added more than one-hundred pages per day when it was really hot. So I have become a bit more inured to chat, though I am still a total hardass over there about keeping the serious threads ontopic. You should see all the offtopic posts I've deleted. They call me the Lancinator over there, too. ;D
    But I'm only one of several active mods.

I've had many great Wip3out moments, but the most meaningful one was the very first lap I ever flew. Hooked. Unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. It felt real. But not the world I live in every day. A new world.

I can remember trying out the Icaras ship for the first time in Phantom class. At first, it was like trying to control an angry bull!

But then I managed to get the hang of it. I could streak through some of the tracks like a bullet. It was a very triumphant moment for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

At Smoothly Does It: I am sure I was not using auto-pilot while I did the barrelroll on Porto Kora, because I never use auto-pilot. The first time I did an auto-pilot I felt ashamed and didn't save the new record.

At Lunar: It will be OK for the Crazy Frenchman to come in my hometown called HereYouGoWeird! About a get together of Wipeout-pilots i will be there for sure, count me in.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

*working secretly for D-link Cie to raise the production of DWL to a maximum all over Europe; my mission ? install Kai everywhere at any price*... and probably play W30 emulator on psp to have W30 greatest moments again
    Couldn't write more transparent than mate Lunar so i ve choosen the minimalisation way

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice
    At Smoothly Does It: I am sure I was not using auto-pilot while I did the barrelroll on Porto Kora, because I never use auto-pilot. The first time I did an auto-pilot I felt ashamed and didn't save the new record.
    I never use auto-pilot too, because of same reason like You.

My best W3O moments are few years ago when I do my first perfect laps. But I enjoy W3O:SE a lot for today. I have console near PC so I can quickly turn on everything, play for 20 minutes, turn everything off and back to "work".

PS. Sorry for my poor english ...