Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The music of Wipeout Pure

''fact of the day : aphex twin was born and grew up in wales.''

<Wales>about half of my ancestral line is cymru [of the cymru, cymric, or something ] though i highly doubt that i'm descended from Owain Glyndwr [or however it's spelled]; they were probably all hill farmers or such. my mom's mom was an Orme, like in Great Orme's Head on the north coast. then there's all those Prices and Joneses and such.</Wales>

then your roots grow deeper into this soil than mine.
    my blood is half english and half dutch—i was simply born here in order to learn how to escape.
    +
    when did your mother's side of the family leave wales?

¥

<off topic[, oh yes, but part of conversation]>
    don't know for sure, probably first half of the 19th century, possibly earlier. my mom's father was born in the U.S.A. in the 1860s and so was one of my great-grandmothers on my father's side who was still alive when i was little. much of my family on both sides came from Wales and the rest from Ireland and Scotland and England. the Scottish connection, though, is lowland scots which were actually Saxon in origin. the English part was likely Angle in that particular family rather than Saxon. so a touch of Germanic origin in there from them. everything else Celtic, mostly Cymric rather than Gaelic. oh, and a bit of old Norse [from the Ormes and the Thompsons who settled in Wales and Ireland, respectively]</off topic>

PSN ID
    Assegai82

I think Dave Clarke - Dirtbox is WipEout through and through... Get it off me on soulseek if you want, username "assegai"

-Ally

Default Wipeout PSP Music...

Thanks for the vote of confidence and the scarf flying!

We shall see...

ATB,
    CoLD SToRAGE.

aka. Tim.

i hope we shall hear, Tim. good luck to you and us

Hear hear!

Heres hoping Tim gets involved - best game music evarrr!

ps. anyone have any more news on pure?

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

nope, all quiet on the wipeout pure side,.. as a matter of fact, its been all quiet on the whole PSP side now since E3.
    I hope it is released soon while the technology is, dare I say it, current, rather than dated.

And BIG UP!!! tim, you know you want to make this game sound as good as it looks, even tho it might be a bit more bippy than usual..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Ah, better let them get PSP right than giving away "information" of a product that's not even close to being released yet. :) And compared to other important handhelds (read: GBA ;) ) PSP technology will still be current if it were to be released 5 years from now. :)

I just bought Wipeout XL. I heard Cold Storage for the first time. Now I'm with you guys - I want Tim to be involved too!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I just bought Wipeout XL. I heard Cold Storage for the first time. Now I'm with you guys
    Well, in that case, try to lay your hands on a copy of Wipeout 1. I dare say it's music puts WOXL to shame. :) Alright, not quite, but it is far more original and powerful than the latter.

Ben

well, there are only two major tracks by Tim on 2097/XL, so WO1 is a Timfest by comparison

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Depends on which Xl he bought. The PC version actually has a different soundtrack completely done by CS. His tracks try to imitate the general feel of the licensed music from the PSX version.

Default C. Auguste Dupin

i was going by the probabilities; i suspect that many or even most newly acquired copies of the PC version are copied rather than bought and any done from online are unlikely to have the music, and in any case, the PC copies are are probably greatly outnumbered by the console versions and harder to find commercially. he bought his, ergo....

of course, none of that means that xqpx definitely does nOt have all of the TimTracks

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Also worth noting:

Tim has all of his tracks up on his site for free download.

www.coldstorage.org.uk

Enjoy!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

That's a very interesting point you have there, Lance. *g* So the reverse would be that I - by alll probability - own at least one illegal copy of XL, since I know all the CS tracks? ;-)

Vagrant Logic: Yep, I only recently downloaded all the music from his page to see what else he has done and what it would be like. I have to say I don't think I am THAT much of a fan of his work. He has done some excellent stuff (including the Shadow of the Beast and, of course, Wipeout), but there is also a lot of rather medicore music in his discography. Anyway, that's just what I thought when I was listening to his tracks. Hope noone feels offended. :)

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

Nope, not offended at all.
    Puzzled, maybe.
    But I am mature enough to realise that individuals have the right to believe what they want to. Same as the rest of the 'zone.

I am a big fan of CoLD SToRAGE, and praise to you for being honest!

This year's "More Girls" by Prodigy would make a good WO track, in the way that the instrumental "Firestarter" did in XL. Still love the FSOL track in that game though.

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    He has done some excellent stuff (including the Shadow of the Beast and, of course, Wipeout), but there is also a lot of rather medicore music in his discography. Anyway, that's just what I thought when I was listening to his tracks. Hope noone feels offended.
    No offence taken here!

Some people like my orchestral stuff but don't like the Wipeout tracks. Other are
    keen on my Amiga work, but don't know or understand all the "CoLD SToRAGE"
    references.

Personal taste too - something I have total respect for... :wink:

C.S.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Other are keen on my Amiga work, but don't know or understand all the "CoLD SToRAGE" references.
    Forgiven may be though who doest not know. ;)

And just to throw in a score geek question: What are you working on at the moment?

Ben