Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrust Efficiency

Using your hyperthrust on the last straight is a rookie thing I feel. You feel more in control using it on the final straight as you won't get destroyed by making a mistake with low energy.

Once you start getting used to the tracks, you start to use hyperthrust in other places, making you faster and more confident.

i found that i tended to make more mistakes because i'd jump on the hyperthrust before i quite got to the straight [so i could make sure i had time to use all the remaining thrust] and would end up kraaaang![TM]ing into a wall and muck up the time completely.

It happened to me to, but as I say, its all part of the learning process.

The introduction to hyperthrust is to use it on the final straight.
    Later instalments causes theu use on other parts of the circuit

What you mean like burning out of slow corners with the Hyperthrust? That works wonders at shaving off seconds off lap times...

Exactly!

I usually use the hyperthrust to cut off some corners in tracks; the trick is, of course, to do it in a way so that blasted chopper won't come after you - in other words, be fast enough, and retain stability. Works excellent on some tracks.

Vasudeva.

Thrust is good if you know how to use it correctly,it also depends on the track's 2.
    EX. Sometimes they put the speed pad in a way so that you could fly over one speed
    pad going into a turn and land on another coming out of the same turn depending on how you airbrake before the turn.
    Thus cause you not to lose speed and not to use thrust.If you're gonna use thrust use it wise.The more you thrust the more you have to pit and going into the pit stop can
    cause you to lose 2or3 sec.
    So if you're doing rapier and you pit 2time in one race you will lose 4to6 sec. on your
    race time

You do the math