Thread: Launch title?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

Default Launch title?

Is there any news discussing whether or not Pure is going to be a PSP launch title? I'm assuming that it will be, since it is being demo'd at E3.. but I haven't actually seen anything stating one way or the other about it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I have read somewhere that Wipeout, among other games, is expected to be released with the launch of the PSP or a short time after. There seems to be no further official word from Sony, though.

Ben

I'd have thought so, WipEout launched with the PlayStation in Europe and was responsible for alot of its early success. With PSP, a games procuct aimed at young adults, a WipEout game is very important for its image.

Expect WipEout Pure to be available from day one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Ah, day one doesn't matter, as they are probably gonna release the PSP in Japan first before shipping it over the ocean at least half a year later. As long as WOP will be available by then...! ;)

With the original PlayStation in Japan, it was Ridge Racer, but in the UK WipEout is always remembered for being the first PlayStation game, it's what bought gaming to a new audience and made it popular. The same would need to happen if PSP is to become a popular format for gaming.